Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Yucatan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yucatan
    Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 6:55pm
Caulfield Cup?
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 6:58pm
That horse should be re-handicapped as if he had won the race by 4 or 5 lengths.

Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 6:59pm
McDonald should get in stride for pulling it up.
But knowing Lloyd he probably will go straight to Flemington
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 7:00pm
Strife - should get a fine.
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 7:01pm
Was just thinking that. Fair way down the order of so did McDonald err by easing up too much? Pretty sure they’d like to go straight into the Cup.
Red Rancher View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Rancher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 7:02pm
Super impressive. How good are the other unseen euros though. They could be lengths better still. Euro staying form is spectacular based on what we are seeing. What would Enable or Poets Word do?
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 7:04pm
Wow. What a horse.
Sunline...simply supreme
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 7:05pm
They are certainly having a good time of it based on what we've seen.  How on earth do they sometimes loose when you see a race like that.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 7:59pm
What penalty will he get for the Melbourne Cup?

Surely he gets a penalty. I know he was pulled up with 100m to go but at one stage he was 4-5 lengths in front.

At least a 2kg penalty for the Melbourne Cup? Has 52kg in both Cups..winner of Herbert Power cant get a penalty for Caulfield Cup as the Herbert Power is a penalty free race in terms of the Caulfield Cup but the Herbert Power winner can get a penalty for the Melbourne Cup at the discretion of the handicapper.
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Grey Affair View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grey Affair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 8:17pm
I've seen most of his career starts in Ireland & England & that run today was a massive improvement.

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 9:08pm
T J Comerford for O'Brien, gave him as their best for the day, saying how much he'd improved this week.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 10:32pm
Was one of the best Herbert Power wins that I have seen in a long time
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 1:05am
Originally posted by Grey Affair Grey Affair wrote:

I've seen most of his career starts in Ireland & England & that run today was a massive improvement.

No. He's way down in class.
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 1:50am
The remarkable thing is that Yucatan drew the most outside gate and was never better than 3 and 4 wide until McDonald took him to the front on the home turn

The time of 2.26½ underlined the quality of the performance.  My watch timed the 200 -100m in 5.66 and the 100m to the post in 6.60.  He was on course record pace at the 100m before McDonald applied the brakes.

I don't understand it.  I really don't see anything in the horse's form that suggests he is capable of that performance.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 1:57am
Their training is so far superior it is mindboggling.
reductio ad absurdum
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 8:45am
That easing down was dangerous, could have been disaster if second horse had smashed into back of him. McDonald is a lair
pnclick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnclick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 9:06am
Form around Rekindling in the Ireland looks pretty good
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 10:08am
The last horse to do the Herbert Power Stakes Meelbourne Cup double was Rogan Josh in 1999, he produced a rating of 113 according to Timeform.

You'd think Yucatan is a major player for the Melbourne Cup (and Caulfield Cup if they run next week) based off that win and he would have a good rating after the Herbert Power win.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 12:15pm
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 12:25pm
Surely we are smart enough as a general rule to be able to decipher which horse is which ?

reductio ad absurdum
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 12:30pm
There is a long list of horses coming from the shaky isles that have had to have My or Our added to them that suggests it is a real thing.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 12:42pm
For the sake of continuity GELDINGS should be made to add the extra MY or OUR.

Dundeel is a case in point. 
reductio ad absurdum
Speediskey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 1:05pm
For the sake of logic.. the horse coming from overseas should change their name. Any other way makes literally no sense.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 1:18pm
Whatever his name ends up being, I hope he wins the Cup!
Sunline...simply supreme
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 1:22pm
Huge trial yesterday ..        Best lead up so far.    
Had Melb Cup written all over it ..     YUCATAN
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 1:44pm
I hope he doesn’t win the cup, just for the fact that he isn’t owned by Williams.
Can’t stand that family
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

I hope he doesn’t win the cup, just for the fact that he is owned by Williams.
Can’t stand that family

Stupid autocorrect
Heavenly Glow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavenly Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 1:52pm

I hope he doesn’t win the cup, just for the fact that he is owned by Williams.
Can’t stand that family

Stupid autocorrect

I knew what you meant and I agree.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 4:16pm
From Dominic Bernie on Twitter:

IWS honour roll Herbert Power winners past 25 years:
YUCATAN & ALCOPOP
AMRALAH
LEICA FALCON
MASTER O’REILLY
ROGAN JOSH
RIZON

First of all...IWS means Intelligent Wagerig Soloutuons and he runs this. Secondly..what is this lis in relation too...is it based on ratings? And where can I find these ratings for theselist of horses?

Also as this list shows...if a Herbert Power winner is to do well in the Cups then they need to rate highly after winnin the Herbert Power...you need to be a good Herbert Power winner..not an average one.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by Jamal Jamal wrote:

From Dominic Bernie on Twitter:

IWS honour roll Herbert Power winners past 25 years:
YUCATAN & ALCOPOP
AMRALAH
LEICA FALCON
MASTER O’REILLY
ROGAN JOSH
RIZON

First of all...IWS means Intelligent Wagerig Soloutuons and he runs this. Secondly..what is this lis in relation too...is it based on ratings? And where can I find these ratings for theselist of horses?

Also as this list shows...if a Herbert Power winner is to do well in the Cups then they need to rate highly after winnin the Herbert Power...you need to be a good Herbert Power winner..not an average one.

To clarify Dominic Bernie said:

' It’s the rank order of the best Herbert Power Handicaps, by rating of the race......not simply the rating of the winners"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>