Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Sporting Hall of Fame

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 9:36pm
Australia doesn’t have a “champagne” industry. Sorry, one of the minor things I cringe at. Back to the discussion......
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

Australia doesn’t have a “champagne” industry. Sorry, one of the minor things I cringe at. Back to the discussion......

Correct, sorry for that obvious error E&E, nice pick up!Clap (but where were you Whale?Confused)

... yes to be sure, they propped up the French Campagne Industry ... none of that cheap swill when TJ or Gai were celebrating a win at the expense of the client!!!LOLLOLLOL
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 10:01pm
*Champagne! Doh!!!
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 10:09pm
The Little Indian to Chief Sitting Bull.   " How do they name us Indians Chief"
Sitting Bull said " The first thing our Mother sees at the moment of birth,    Now you know Two Dogs Fcuking "
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Correct, sorry for that obvious error E&E, nice pick up!Clap (but where were you Whale?Confused)

... yes to be sure, they propped up the French Campagne Industry ... none of that cheap swill when TJ or Gai were celebrating a win at the expense of the client!!!LOLLOLLOL

Ugh “French champagne”
Sorry another one I get a chuckle over. Have an aquaintence who likes to pretend she’s upper class etc who comes out with that line. I haven’t been mean enough to embarrass her in front of everyone by pointing out that ALL champagne is French (but not all French sparkling is champagne).
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 10:53pm
Interesting stat recently , about how much cheaper the wines were compared to water.
   I think a minimum price has been put on resale wines in Oz recently ,    It had become tooooo cheap.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 11:05pm

Ugh “French champagne”
Sorry another one I get a chuckle over. Have an aquaintence who likes to pretend she’s upper class etc who comes out with that line. I haven’t been mean enough to embarrass her in front of everyone by pointing out that ALL champagne is French (but not all French sparkling is champagne).

Clap It's so refreshing to be corrected by someone who knows what they are talking about!

Spot on again E&E ... not sure if TJ and Gai were aware of that, or what a bottle cost!Wink
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 11:06pm
I do like the Tassie Bubbles that I've sampled ... they punch above their weight!Thumbs Up
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Sitting Bull said " The first thing our Mother sees at the moment of birth,    Now you know Two Dogs Fcuking "

aaaah yes, always enjoyed the ole Two Dogs! ... I prefer the punchline;

"... why you ask, TDF'ing?" Confused

But you just can't go wrong with a good racially inspired joke!Big smile
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 12:08am

aaaah yes, always enjoyed the ole Two Dogs! ... I prefer the punchline;

"... why you ask, TDF'ing?" Confused

But you just can't go wrong with a good racially inspired joke!Big smile

It's funny ,   I always think of that joke when WHALE returns from Holidays and disrupts the much more pleasant and peaceful forum that exists when he's chomping at the bit .
Same pattern , he tries to ignite E&E , who probably prefers the periods when Whale is pleading to get back.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 12:33am
I think the reason for an automatic punchline between our notorious poster and that joke reminder is =
   Both are about Fcuking Dogs.
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 12:33am
Originally posted by Softy Softy wrote:

Is that the Racing Hall of Fame as opposed to the Australian Sport Hall of Fame?

Apologies.  I wasn't paying close enough attention.  

I must admit I don't know the first thing about the Australian Sport Hall of Fame. 
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 12:46am
Never let ignorance stop you from posting in here Tontonan, and definitely never admit to it!!! Shocked

... if that was a restriction, macca, myself and a few others would be pretty bored!LOL
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 12:56am
Originally posted by Tontonan Tontonan wrote:

Is that the Racing Hall of Fame as opposed to the Australian Sport Hall of Fame?

Apologies.  I wasn't paying close enough attention.  

I must admit I don't know the first thing about the Australian Sport Hall of Fame. 

No worries Tontonan, I wouldn’t have known any different myself until the other day.
Makes for a nice conversation starter though 😀
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 9:28am

I do like the Tassie Bubbles that I've sampled ... they punch above their weight!Thumbs Up

Yep definitely some good sparkling produced here. It doesn’t have to be champagne to be good!
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Don't look too " tired" to me lol for a retired lady.
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 4:41pm
A fantastic training effort with Thinkin Big after his tough run last time out as well Carioca 😀
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 4:51pm

A fantastic training effort with Thinkin Big after his tough run last time out as well Carioca 😀

Absolutely mate and a good type to boot.
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 6:26pm
Just imagine how well Gai would be going if she wasn’t semi retired.
😀
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 1:19am
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Absolutely mate and a good type to boot.

Thinkin' Big was my only winner, apart from the Kiwi filly Veeeeeery Elllleeeeggggaaaant - whatever! ...oh and Dr Phelps - but I didn't back her!Wink

Yes, he's a bloody good trainer that Bott.Clap

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 2:30am
Does your unbacked winner = Phelps , make it to the Hall of Fame .

Kerryn Phelps and wife become proxy parents ( wasn't gelded )
Has children from a normal marriage so she's been both sides of the fence .

In Racing terms that's Bi sexual .      They hate the term because if a Doctor is that stuffed up in the head ,   The Dollars may not walk through the door.
But Now Parliament is a different kettle of fish ...   It's added points to get at the Peoples Tax.
How do people vote for these mis fits.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 3:04am
gotta love a Bi Election, when one actually gets elected!LOL

Was Gai at the Celebration party? ... she can hear a cork pop from 3 electorates away you know! I'm surprised that she didn't give the Victory Speech and claim that she was responsible for making Phelps "the Politician that she is today!" - pretty sure she also gave Young Tom the inside info to lay the LNP candidate till his nose bled ... she had the Indy,  "trained" to the minute, and had declared to all and sundry that Phelps was "a Great Each Way Chance!!!" 

As for "Hall of Fame" status, you would think that she would need to hold the seat at the next general election ... chances are that there will be a bigger stronger field for that, and with Gai likely to "tip" the lot of them as "each way all day", if Phelps fails it will all be Bott's fault.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 12:16pm
Doc, stop mixing the Fox Trot up with the Walz.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 11:32pm

In Racing terms that's Bi sexual .      They hate the term because if a Doctor is that stuffed up in the head ,   The Dollars may not walk through the door.
But Now Parliament is a different kettle of fish ...   It's added points to get at the Peoples Tax.

Anyone been following the saga of the gay penguin couple ??? 
animals before people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 12:18am
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Anyone been following the saga of the gay penguin couple ??? 

Quite Normal AA   .   A couple of birds having it off.
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 1:18am
Hey Doc, if you want to get on the ‘giving up meekly in the home straight’ bandwagon, you may want to change stables and start following the Baker stable.
Music Magnate was a nice example for you.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 2:02am
Did Gai tip it?
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 2:04am
It was only a "rough each way chance", surely ...Wink
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 2:05am
What are you saying? ... not Baker's "turn"?
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 5:09pm
Gai quinellas in the Geelong Cup. The first lady is on fire.Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>