Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Sporting Hall of Fame

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 11:34pm
Try shooting fish in a barrel ... that's a better analogy!Wink
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by Softy Softy wrote:

It must be a lot easier to train a Melbourne Cup and Golden Slipper Winner than I first thought.
Might get the pony out of the back paddock and have a go myself.

Don't bother the pony! ... I'm starting to think that you not only have a few kangaroos loose in the top paddock, but you've also got fairies at the bottom of the garden!LOL
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 12:19am
Why because I’m not derogatory enough to people who disagree with me lol.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 12:30am

Your too nice Softy , a real Pheasant Plucker.

Doc is an intelligent Anthony Mundine , but can fight.      
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 12:33am
If you say so😘
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 12:39am
In a previous occupation one of the guys there used to be called Toenails Maccamax.
Can you guess why?
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 2:33am

No Softy, I'm just kidding, that is a very agreeable disposition to have!Big smile 

In fact, if it were not for the the Dreamers, the Horse Racing Industry would have imploded 150 years or more ago, and all of the spivs and con artists would have devoured each other ... and Gai would have still been an unemployable actor today.Wink
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 7:14am
Thats right she spent time in another career as well, thanks for reminding me. Surely that makes her achievements in racing even more remarkable? 
Smile
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 7:21am
Now I'm not being facetious Doc, just realisic with this next question.
Colins son may be a chance, but do you think Barts Son will ever enter the Aus Sporting Hall of Fame?
And if not, why? Surely he would have had the same chance as Gai to succeed?
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 9:18am
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Try shooting fish in a barrel ... that's a better analogy!Wink

Actually I was thinking of fish jumping on hooks. Which is exactly what you’ve done in this thread.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 12:16pm

It must be a lot easier to train a Melbourne Cup and Golden Slipper Winner than I first thought.
Might get the pony out of the back paddock and have a go myself.

Lets know its name Softy, and I will have a few $$$ on it Thumbs Up
animals before people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 12:38pm
Softy still has me working on the toe nails question.     I know I can't bite mine, but I had a lady friend once who positioned herself to and then changed her mind .
One of her better decisions.
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 12:55pm
Well Maccamax I’ll fill you in.
You remind me of this fellow, with your constant praising of the good Dr.
The guy at work was also gushing with praise for a fellow work senior, so his colleagues called him Toenails.
He was that far up his you know what it was the only body part visible.
Understand now?
(Although I will admit I didn’t think I would have to explain it and I don’t like being derogatory, but if that’s the game we’re playing I’m happy to join in).
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 1:06pm
Wow, that is a long way up there Softy.

Hope you have breathing equipment maxie.Sick
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

I knew what Softy meant but didn't think of him as one who indulged in such ghastly thoughts....       That title was mine alone I thought .

The DOC    ( The WINX of TBV ) does get my support as he is about 10K better than his nearest rival on almost every subject.
   I would suggest he is / has been , very successful business wise , is Street wise and his analytical skills stand out like Honeymoon trousers.
I do doubt his form skills re racing but that is probably his entertainment, rather than a thought provoking venture.
Plus we both voted YES.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 1:20pm
Spellcheck WINX maxie?
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 12:07am

Now I'm not being facetious Doc, just realisic with this next question.
Colins son may be a chance, but do you think Barts Son will ever enter the Aus Sporting Hall of Fame?
And if not, why? Surely he would have had the same chance as Gai to succeed?

I don't think Bart's son will, I don't think he ever actually displayed the drive to be anything more than he is, which seems to be comfortable ... but what has it got to do with character flaws in another person? ... I have no knowledge of whether he is an arrogant, narcissistic, mercenary or not ... and he starts a long way back, being a common garden variety "white male" too.Wink

You do know that there are plenty of people who were born with a silver spoon, or even a great talent, who were just lazy ... so what, it doesn't make someone else less entitled?
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 12:09am

Thats right she spent time in another career as well, thanks for reminding me. Surely that makes her achievements in racing even more remarkable? 
Smile

No, she sucked at acting, so how gullible are the suckers she reeled in over the years ...Wink
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 12:16am
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

I knew what Softy meant but didn't think of him as one who indulged in such ghastly thoughts....       That title was mine alone I thought .

The DOC    ( The WINX of TBV ) does get my support as he is about 10K better than his nearest rival on almost every subject.
   I would suggest he is / has been , very successful business wise , is Street wise and his analytical skills stand out like Honeymoon trousers.
I do doubt his form skills re racing but that is probably his entertainment, rather than a thought provoking venture.
Plus we both voted YES.

Ohhh stop it!Embarrassed

You are the REAL Winx of TBV macca!!!Hug

Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 12:22am

I didn’t realise Gai and Tommy are the only father / child recipients of Hall of Fame awards.
That is something for her to celebrate 🥂

That's not right Softy.   

Firstly Darby and Jim Munro were brothers and both are in the Hall of Fame as jockeys while their father Hugh Munro is in the Hall of Fame as a trainer.   

Secondly Fred Hoysted is the father of Bob Hoysted and both are in the Hall of Fame as trainers.   

Thirdly David and his father Colin Hayes are both Hall of Fame trainers.   

And finally both Tom and his son Bayley Payten are also Hall of Fame trainers. 
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 1:14am
Is that the Racing Hall of Fame as opposed to the Australian Sport Hall of Fame?
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 1:36am
Gai was inducted into the Racing HOF in mid 2016 but the other day was inducted into the Aus Sport HOF alongside her father TJ.
I’m sure I heard her interviewer say they were the only Father / Child combo inducted.
Not sure if 100 % correct as other names come to mind (Gaze, Roycroft etc.) but will have a look.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 1:38am

Plus we both voted YES.

Ohhh stop it!Embarrassed

These lefties have to be reminded Doc.      Short attention spans.

I doubt they know who is POTUS , after all they've only had 2 years for it to sink in.
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 1:41am
Quick look shows Bill and Wayne Roycroft are both inducted so I think they meant first Parent / Child combination from Racing.
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 1:44am

Plus we both voted YES.

Ohhh stop it!Embarrassed

These lefties have to be reminded Doc.      Short attention spans.

I doubt they know who is POTUS , after all they've only had 2 years for it to sink in.

Nearly as short as a Liberal Leaders time in the spotlight, eh.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 2:20am
softy, you hnow he was as much a Liberal as Dem Senator Pocahontas Warren ... sorry, Senorita Warren was a Cherokee Indian!

... how long is your attention span - forgotten Rudd/Gillard/Rudd already!!! ... and the common thread there ... Bullgelati Bill "I don't know what she said, but of course I agree" Shorten???Wink

Hey, lets not let you get all bent and twisted defending The Legend, lets just all agree that it's a good thing ... that she has retired from training.Thumbs Up

...and a wonderful thing it was - for the Champagne industry in Australia - that her and her old Dad TJ were BOTH inducted into the ASHOF - not that either of them were ever accused of actually buying a bottle!LOL
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 3:25am
Thanks for not letting me get all bent and twisted Dr.
You’re a kind man.
😃
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 6:42pm
Hug
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 6:56pm

softy, you hnow he was as much a Liberal as Dem Senator Pocahontas Warren ... sorry, Senorita Warren was a Cherokee Indian!

... how long is your attention span - forgotten Rudd/Gillard/Rudd already!!! ... and the common thread there ... Bullgelati Bill "I don't know what she said, but of course I agree" Shorten???Wink

Hey, lets not let you get all bent and twisted defending The Legend, lets just all agree that it's a good thing ... that she has retired from training.Thumbs Up

...and a wonderful thing it was - for the Champagne industry in Australia - that her and her old Dad TJ were BOTH inducted into the ASHOF - not that either of them were ever accused of actually buying a bottle!LOL

If that's the only misrepresentation you Trumpets can find in Warren's life, and it must be judging from your focus on it, it stands up extraordinarily well against a man who can't finish one paragraph in writing or speech without lying.Wink
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 9:31pm
You're getting as bad as CNNPT now Tlaz! ... next you will be telling me that Trump isn't a better golfer than Little fat Rocket Man, the 10 times consecutive winner and defending Champion of the North Korean Open!

Anyway, what sort of a leftie are you Tlaz ... shame on you for allowing a white person (you not it's not ok to be white!) to appropriate a native American Indian identity!!!

That would call for a 100+ decibel "Reee!", and a couple of "FCUK TRUMP"s on any self respecting College Campus in the USA, any day of the week!Cry 

Apparently, her favourite yarn is that her parents had to elope, because her Father wasn't allowed to marry her mother because of her alleged Cherokee and Delaware Indianextraction - that must have taken a lot of war paint and feathers!!!LOL

Sounds to me like she was from that famous tribe, the one that travelled for many moons, crossing desert plains, mighty rivers, through snow and ice, until, eventually hopelessly lost in forest, where Big Chieftain sit down, smoke pipe and declare ... "Where the Fcukarewe???"Big smile

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>