Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Sporting Hall of Fame

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sporting Hall of Fame
    Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 8:01am
Congratulations Gai on realising another dream and being inducted into the Hall of Fame with many other great Australians.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 8:43am
A well deserved honour A ground-breaker in women's training, who reached and held the top. Clap
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 2:12pm
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 5:41pm
She's been much more tolerable since she retired from training ... good for her!Clap
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

She's been much more tolerable since she retired from training ... good for her!Clap

Retired?....stop taking the piss Doc, at least she got people to put their hand in their pocket lol, that darling of the breeding circiut, all the same a worthy winner , Congrats.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 7:37pm
What are you saying Carioca? ... what does Bott do? ... muck the stables?LOL

I suppose it gives her more time to get to know the names of the horses, and to do the form so she can tip them all as great each way chances when they are odds on in 5 horse races and she doesn't know what the form of the other runners means, or an emergency that won't get a run! ...Clap

Well, oil be fooked, whaddya know, was it ever in doubt!!! Who'd pay for tips!!!LOL

SATURDAY 13 OCTOBER 2018 – RANDWICK

Rail: True

SPEEDYCOM (Race 1, 12:30pm, 1000 metres, No. 4, jockey Tommy Berry, 56.5kg)
Speedycom (Zebedee/Comrie) two-year old bay colt. Speedycom heads to his debut at Randwick with Tommy Berry booked to ride. The colt has done a treat since his trial and although there are a few with race experience on Saturday, he is coming off an impressive trial win. The track surface will be quite heavy on the day and the colt will either handle it or he wont, but the rest of the field is in the same position and regardless, he will take great benefit from the race day experience. Each-way chance.

STAMPEDE (Race 4, 2:15pm, 1600 metres, No. 2, jockey Josh Parr, 61.5kg)
Stampede (High Chaparral/Nothin’ Leica Cat) six-year old bay horse. Stampede gets back to the races over 1600m with Josh Parr set to ride. It is a tough test for Stampede on Saturday in the heavy going and with a big weight on his back first up over the mile but he has drawn well and hopefully won't need to do much work early to get into a nice position. Solid each-way chance.

ARBEITSAM (Race 8, 4:50pm, 2000 metres, No. 6, jockey Tim Clark, 59kg)
Arbeitsam (Snitzel/Workhard) five-year old bay or brown gelding. Arbeitsam is back at Randwick over 2000m in Group 3 company with Tim Clark aboard. The gelding is coming off a huge run in Group 1 company and the gelding is as fit as a fiddle heading into Saturday dropping back in grade. The added distance will suit, the heavy track is not ideal but he should get through it well and we are expecting a big showing from the gelding in what looks to be a strong Group 3 field. Solid each-way chance.

SATURDAY 13 OCTOBER 2018 – CAULFIELD

Rail: True Entire Circuit

OUR CROWN MISTRESS (Race 4, 1:55pm, 1200 metres, No. 6, jockey Stephen Baster, 56kg)
Our Crown Mistress (Star Witness/Barangaroo) four-year old grey mare. Our Crown Mistress heads back to the races over 1200m. The mare has really come on well from her first up run and she is certainly fitter and sharper for the outing. She meets a big field of mares on Saturday and she has drawn wide but the added distance will suit and we are expecting to see a much improved performance come race day. Strong each-way chance.

AEECEE TONG DE (Race 4, 1:55pm, 1200 metres, No. 18e, apprentice Zac Spain, 55kg)
Aeecee Tong De (Pierro/Brandish) four-year old brown or black mare. Aeecee Tong De was terrific when returning to form last start at Mornington and the mare has really thrived in work since the run. She loves Melbourne, she's a very happy horse and is bright in herself. She is in fine form at present and although it is a big step up in grade, she will run a nice race. Each-way chance.

SIEGE OF QUEBEC (Race 7, 3:45pm, 1600 metres, No. 11, jockey Stephen Baster, 52kg)
Siege Of Quebec (Fastnet Rock/Rose Of Cimmaron) four-year old bay horse. Siege Of Quebec will head to Caulfield on Saturday over 1600m in Group 1 company with Steve Baster booked to ride. The horse has travelled down south in very good order and he is well and truly in the mix in this assignment. He meets a couple of obvious dangers, as you would expect, but the horse could not be looking or working better heading into this race and we are expecting him to put his best foot forward and prove hugely competitive come race day. Each way chance.

SEDANZER (Race 8, 4:35pm, 2000 metres, No. 11, jockey Stephen Baster, 57kg)
Sedanzer (Sebring/Voltdanze) five-year old bay mare. Sedanzer heads to Caulfield on Saturday over 2000m in Group 1 company. The mare has been racing incredibly consistently and she has come through her last start in very good order. She is fresh and bright in herself as she steps back to the 2000 metres on Saturday, she is down in the weights and as always, she will prove very competitive in this star studded field. Each-way chance.

SUNDAY 14 OCTOBER 2018 - CRANBOURNE

Rail: Out 3m 1000m-WP, True Remainder

RUNAWAY (Race 8, 4:35pm, 2025 metres, No. 10, jockey Stephen Baster, 54kg)
Runaway (Manhattan Rain/Catshaan) four-year old bay or brown rig. Runaway is back at the races on Sunday at Cranbourne over 2025m. Runaway has come through his terrific first up run in very good order, the step up in trip on Sunday will suit him well and as always, he will be very competitive in this field. Strong each-way chance.

In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Retired?....stop taking the piss Doc, at least she got people to put their hand in their pocket lol, that darling of the breeding circiut, all the same a worthy winner , Congrats.

Shhhh carioca, he is in recovery That could set him back Shocked
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 7:39pm
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 7:39pm
You beauty, and we’re away.
I can’t wait to go up to the central highland lakes, I’m in great form if I do say so myself💪
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 7:39pm
LOLClapWacko
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 7:52pm
I doubt if Bott mucked out a box in his life , of the gravy train and into Duck La'Ronge lol,
Gai is his tutor, she can step back and advise, there are men behind the scene that know as much to help him , he'll make it but Rome was not built in a day.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 12:40am
Originally posted by Softy Softy wrote:

I can’t wait to go up to the central highland lakes, I’m in great form if I do say so myself💪

Where are the central highland lakes Confused  Good luck with your form tho, Softy !! Thumbs Up
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 12:43am

I doubt if Bott mucked out a box in his life , of the gravy train and into Duck La'Ronge lol,
Gai is his tutor, she can step back and advise, there are men behind the scene that know as much to help him , he'll make it but Rome was not built in a day.

Can some one give me a short history of Bott ??    Where did he come from ?  Who did he work for before Gai ?   Whats his TB history ??
animals before people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 3:25am

It was Melanie who got my hand in my pocket ,   Not Galloping Gai.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 3:27am
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Can some one give me a short history of Bott ??    Where did he come from ?  Who did he work for before Gai ?   Whats his TB history ??

He's been around horses all of his life ,

I knew him as Mr Fly.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 5:52am

Can some one give me a short history of Bott ??    Where did he come from ?  Who did he work for before Gai ?   Whats his TB history ??

His father is Tony Bott...Segenhoe, Vinery, Evergreen Studs. Adrian was born at and grew up at Segenhoe. Got a job with Gai, working up to racing manager for 3 years. His fathers HK business partners Sui family bough Tulloch Lodge and formed the joint venture with Gai where she mentors, he trains and the Sui company operate the business.
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 10:32am

Where are the central highland lakes Confused  Good luck with your form tho, Softy !! Thumbs Up

Bronte Park area, Lakes Crescent and Sorell plus many smaller walk in lakes and tarns.
Amazing birdwatching country.
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 11:34am
But in all seriousness it was great to see Gai being awarded.
It must be hard to follow in the footsteps of greatness and she trod her own path with distinction.
A trailblazer for all woman in racing.😃
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 12:23pm

Bronte Park area, Lakes Crescent and Sorell plus many smaller walk in lakes and tarns.
Amazing birdwatching country.

Ohhh, nice !  Thanks.  Must visit the area next time in Tassie.
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 12:27pm
Yes, as much as i dont like a lot about Gai, she did open the door for the women, and she stared "the establishment " down and forced some rule changes for the betterment of the ladies.  Good on her for her determination, hard work, and success.
Thanks for the Bott history, PT.  Thumbs Up Should have made the connection but oldtimers is setting in Wink
animals before people.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 12:32pm

Yes, as much as i dont like a lot about Gai, she did open the door for the women, and she stared "the establishment " down and forced some rule changes for the betterment of the ladies.  Good on her for her determination, hard work, and success.
Thanks for the Bott history, PT.  Thumbs Up Should have made the connection but oldtimers is setting in Wink

What rules did she change? Not counting the can't be married to a crooked bookie rule.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 1:13pm

It must be hard to follow in the footsteps of greatness and she trod her own path with distinction.

You are all a bunch of hypocrites LOL

Gai was given it all, and never got close to reaching the heights of the racing dynasty that TJ gifted her, yet Trump is somehow to be berated, a loser, because he inherited a fortune, multiplied it and became the most powerful and influential individual on the planet ... yep, Fcuk Trump, "Rrrrreeeee!!!" Wink

Well done Gai, enjoy your retirement!Beer
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

What rules did she change? Not counting the can't be married to a crooked bookie rule.
LOLClap ... yep, trailblazer!!!Dead
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 1:27pm

Gai was given it all, and never got close to reaching the heights of the racing dynasty that TJ gifted her, yet Trump is somehow to be berated, a loser, because he inherited a fortune, multiplied it and became the most powerful and influential individual on the planet ... yep, Fcuk Trump, "Rrrrreeeee!!!" Wink

Of course everyone who takes out a trainers licence is automatically gifted 135 Group One wins. 
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 1:39pm
Ummm, so she simply "took out a trainer's licence" ... sweetheart.

Of course everyone who inherit's wealth is gifted the Presidency of the United States, hypocrite.Big smile
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 1:44pm
Who would have thought this would turn into a demented Gai bashing thread? 
Everyone LOL
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 1:58pm
Who'd have thought that CNNPT would rather avoid the facts?
Everyone LOL
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 2:31pm

Ya whacko lol, at least she ain't a racist, pussy grabbing tax evader.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 2:59pm
... and you know that how?LOL
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 3:36pm

Who'd have thought that CNNPT would rather avoid the facts?
Everyone LOL

YES Doc.     Smells like my sox .

Gai fell into the lap of the most infamous family on the planet , became famous with some "Fine Cotton " style material for a Hall of Fame.

Dad being a wealthy provider ( shady as a good tree ) and "Al Capone " to
steer the ship ,    Gai is a worthy recipient =      If it was only for having a hide as thick as my    .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>