Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Caulfield Stakes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Caulfield Stakes
    Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 7:23pm
I've seen Cox Plates with weaker fields than this.

An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 8:33pm
Certainly the two internationals add value here.

However the four year olds add interest and Humidor and Homespun are the locally trained ones with Tosen Basil a hope and Nights Watch a hope on his Dato run.

Very intriguing race!
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
jacko1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacko1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 9:48pm
Unforgotten should get a cozy run and with the decent tempo will be finishing well. Tough race to sort out. 
Nick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 11:02am
D'argento and Unforgotten are far too classy!
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 11:11am
Originally posted by Nick Nick wrote:

They couldn't beat Hartnell in a handicap. Why will they beat the gay deceiver but also second best wfa horse in Australia- Humidor- at wfa?

Simon Cameron

Speediskey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 11:12am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

They couldn't beat Hartnell in a handicap. Why will they beat the gay deceiver but also second best wfa horse in Australia- Humidor- at wfa?

Because as proven last start and by the many starts he's had at Caulfield, he hates it.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 11:23am
I don't know- I just have my doubts that the Epsom form is wfa form. Cummings is running Hartnell in a handicap with 59kg rather than this wfa race- what's that about? Does Cummings agree with me?

Simon Cameron

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 11:26am

Because a switched on Hartnell is outstanding.

reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 11:27am

I don't know- I just have my doubts that the Epsom form is wfa form. Cummings is running Hartnell in a handicap with 59kg rather than this wfa race- what's that about? Does Cummings agree with me?

Cummjngs could be looking at the big handicap mile triple crown.

What an achievement that would be for Hartnell.

reductio ad absurdum
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 11:44am
Originally posted by Speediskey Speediskey wrote:

Because as proven last start and by the many starts he's had at Caulfield, he hates it.

He won the Memsie, arguably should have won the Underwood. I’m a bit with Tlaz here. Hartnell was beaten WFA by Nights Watch and Homesman, then gave them all weight in the Epsom and a beating. But it’s the Epsom horses who have been backed. I think the market has decided that Hartnell wound the clock back a couple of years with that Epsom run, or that Unfogotten and D’Argento will be much better at 2000m. Maybe both.

Don’t get me wrong, I think Wallers pair are excellent chances, but surprised in the price differential to some of these others. Anyway, the markets usually smarter than me, and should be a cracking race.
SHOVHOG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHOVHOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 11:50am
One of wallers pair will win. 2000m is more in their wheelhouse. Dargento is looking for this distance now and I'd be surprised if one of them didn't win. In fact take it to the bank.
" In gambling the many must lose in order for the few to win"
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by SHOVHOG SHOVHOG wrote:

One of wallers pair will win. 2000m is more in their wheelhouse. Dargento is looking for this distance now and I'd be surprised if one of them didn't win. In fact take it to the bank.

I tend to agree with you. Unless one of those jet setting Godolphin runners produces a big one Waller has this race sown up.
Blair House was outstanding in his Australian debut. He's the one I'd be worried about.
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 5:42pm
I could never figure out where the Unforgotten boom was coming from.Shocked

Simon Cameron

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 5:45pm
Perhaps her Oaks win?  Maybe her Chelmsford win also?  Even her Epsom third?Tongue
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

Originally posted by Speediskey Speediskey wrote:

He won the Memsie, arguably should have won the Underwood. I’m a bit with Tlaz here. Hartnell was beaten WFA by Nights Watch and Homesman, then gave them all weight in the Epsom and a beating. But it’s the Epsom horses who have been backed. I think the market has decided that Hartnell wound the clock back a couple of years with that Epsom run, or that Unfogotten and D’Argento will be much better at 2000m. Maybe both.

Don’t get me wrong, I think Wallers pair are excellent chances, but surprised in the price differential to some of these others. Anyway, the markets usually smarter than me, and should be a cracking race.

Well I was half right. People will keeping backing our Spring 4yos to beat these internationals/imports. They’re simply too good. Just shows what an anomaly Winx is.
the miz View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the miz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 11:30pm
That's why CJW preachers patience. There is always an exception but usually give them time. Saying that Youngstar wins the CC
the miz
v'landwick the king of spin
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 1:03am
Not quite my point, miz. None of Waller's have gone on to do to much at middle distance/staying events at the pointy end of the Spring carnival, except Winx. Who's his second best horse, in the time he's been training here? Our horses are complete spuds. Youngstar looks promising but there's no way in the world she could have done what Yucatan did today.

It'll happen from time to time that one of our own horses will win a big staying event over here. I think that's the best we can hope for. Call it a fluke.
 Post Reply Post Reply