Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Wednesday Racing Blog October 10 2018

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wednesday Racing Blog October 10 2018
    Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 8:32am
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 8:49am
Good morning Gay3 and all. Big smile
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 9:57am
Ipswich abandoned
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 11:48am
Good luck today all.

3 blackbookers racing today.

Roheryn and Vedder in WF R1.
Roheryn at $ 1.90 and Vedder at $15.
Having something on Vedder at the odds but Roheryn looks to be pretty good.

And WF R2 Tell Me at $3.70. She looks to have finally realised she is a racehorse with 2 nice trials.
Colombina the danger.

JMac vs T.Berry in both races.
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 11:59am
I'm on Ringerdingding at $2.4 in R6 at Bendigo.

I thought his performances either side of a bad one two starts ago have been excellent, and he looks well placed in this grade up to 1400m which appears as though it will suit.

He spiked off that bad run with his first run for Weir last start, so you can pen that bad run after-which the ex-trainer indicated he needed gelding - so I would say i was on off day and perhaps Weir has his mind on the job again.
Sunline...simply supreme
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by scamanda scamanda wrote:

Good luck today all.

And WF R2 Tell Me at $3.70. She looks to have finally realised she is a racehorse with 2 nice trials.
Colombina the danger.

Ouch. Nutted by Roheryn. And to rub salt into the wound the quinella paid unders on TAB.
$8.90 compared to $10 and $12.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 2:51pm
Be interested in what people have to say about the ride on Fine Dane. WOW!

More interested in what the Stewards do about it. 

reductio ad absurdum
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 3:10pm

Good luck today all.

Colombina the danger.

Ouch. Nutted by Roheryn. And to rub salt into the wound the quinella paid unders on TAB.
$8.90 compared to $10 and $12.

Great analysis and Vedder was well found by you at those odds. You'll win much more than you lose with this sort of analysis!
Sunline...simply supreme
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 3:12pm
Good thing beaten, but imo more a case of beginning ordinarily and racing ungenerously than incompetence or worse by the jock.

However the stewards are at very least obliged to inquire.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 3:13pm
that in response to Djebel's query.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 3:14pm
Great judgement Scamanda, keep it up.
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 4:49pm
Backing the two G. Stevenson trained gallopers in the first two events at Launceston tonight, both ew.
Race 1 N4 Jackson James and R2 N1 Lesnar (who from memory already has a thread here somewhere). Think he will be suited by a little further but does appear talented.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 5:14pm
Thanks guys. Could have been a very big win.

Ringadingding salutes as well Sunline. One bet one win, that's what we'd all like every day.
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by Softy Softy wrote:

Backing the two G. Stevenson trained gallopers in the first two events at Launceston tonight, both ew.
Race 1 N4 Jackson James and R2 N1 Lesnar (who from memory already has a thread here somewhere). Think he will be suited by a little further but does appear talented.

F me both slaughtered, well done to you winners i’ll stay out of here for a while
Kingy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kingy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

I'm on Ringerdingding at $2.4 in R6 at Bendigo.

I thought his performances either side of a bad one two starts ago have been excellent, and he looks well placed in this grade up to 1400m which appears as though it will suit.

He spiked off that bad run with his first run for Weir last start, so you can pen that bad run after-which the ex-trainer indicated he needed gelding - so I would say i was on off day and perhaps Weir has his mind on the job again.

Talk about a heart-stopper Sunny! 
Gee I didn't think he'd get there being last/2nd last around the turn. I actually thought that thing in the middle of the track would surge and win but thank god he got up. Got it in a monza of multi's for the weekend and also a few trebles with ROOSEVELT winning the last at the Farm. 
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 12:43am

F me both slaughtered, well done to you winners i’ll stay out of here for a while

Extremely unlucky with Jackson James mate. With a half decent ride, it would have won for sure.

Nothing worse than finding something a moral beaten at 30's and getting nothing out of it.

I don't know much about the form down there but l'll be most likely be on next start. Hoping for a senior rider.

And as for Lesnar, it was a pretty good run. But l'm not a fan of horses who are slow out of the gates and don't muster. Everything has to go right for them to win.

I think Jackson James is the one. Keep the faith. Hopefully we're collecting in two weeks.
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 12:49am
He's too short now. I reckon he may drift out to evens or even longer on the day.

Imagine if this race was at Flemington. What odds would he be? If he's $1.85 at Caulfield, he'd have to be $1.40-$1.50 at headquarters.
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 12:53am
Post above is meant for The Autumn Sun thread. My bad.
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 10:09am
Originally posted by MJB MJB wrote:

Extremely unlucky with Jackson James mate. With a half decent ride, it would have won for sure.

Nothing worse than finding something a moral beaten at 30's and getting nothing out of it.

I don't know much about the form down there but l'll be most likely be on next start. Hoping for a senior rider.

And as for Lesnar, it was a pretty good run. But l'm not a fan of horses who are slow out of the gates and don't muster. Everything has to go right for them to win.

I think Jackson James is the one. Keep the faith. Hopefully we're collecting in two weeks.

Cheers MJB let’s hope so, I’ll keep trying to find one at value for us.
And yes I think the big grey has a few tricks so I’ll leave him alone for awhile👍
 Post Reply Post Reply