Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Zousain

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zousain
    Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 10:34pm
Very keen on this colt on Saturday in the Run To The Rose and in the Golden Rose.

I got a message to say the TAB has gone up $13 for Saturday. After falling off my chair I got onto the app and by the time I did he was into $9. By the time I got the bet into the bet slip he was into $8.

For better or for worse I took it. Was soon into $6. Feels like unders after missing $13.

Really good colt this one. Wasn't the finished article last prep. His trials this time in suggest he is now. Ready to rip here.
Sunline...simply supreme
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 10:57pm
If the field holds up he will drift back out.
reductio ad absurdum
AdaHunta View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdaHunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 12:23am
If the rain stayed away the money would of been coming for Santos ...wet track totally ruins his chances and enhances this ones ......
Gee Gee View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee Gee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 10:29am
Can only really go on trial for at the moment to see how these 3yo's have come up. 

Zousain looks solid and Wallers colt's winter form into Spring has always stood up well. 

Few of the horses Santos trialled with have done really well. 

This is my quinella.   
mikey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 3:50pm
Looks to have been backed off the map for the Golden Rose in the past 24 hours. I saw $15 freely available yesterday, is now into $8 or $9.

Is that all your $$$ Sunny?
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 7:19pm
No mate, on at $21 some time ago Smile.
Sunline...simply supreme
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 3:03pm
What do we make of that?
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by SkyDancer SkyDancer wrote:

What do we make of that?

Needed a bigger field ran at some sensible pace
to the victor
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 3:08pm
Could be Wallers new Tom Melbourne, just call him the runner up!

I do know we should not sell the winner short. Quality performance!
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 9:08pm
I think he is of the feline kind.
Sunline...simply supreme
Glencoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glencoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 10:11pm
Be interesting to read Widden's blurb when they announce  this ?? as a stallion at some inflated rate
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 10:37am
Milk drinker
The only problem with backing winners ? You never have enough on....
Stainvita View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stainvita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 11:23am
Was pulling his head off early,big mistake made by Williams by not digging it into the ribs & letting it rip.

It is not drinking milk yet.
If your hands aren't shaking you haven't put enough on.
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 11:55am
Taking through my pocket a little both yesterday and in Coolmore . Williams didn’t help but winner was 3 wide and Zousain had a track in on his back . Looked basic in the straight ... jury out for me and happy to play around him until he shows some manners and his ability lives up to the hype
The only problem with backing winners ? You never have enough on....
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 12:01pm
Urine sample revealed traces of milk
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
jacko1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacko1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 12:03pm
He just went down to Sunlight and The Autumn Sun at his two runs previous. I wouldn't mind owning him. 
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 9:11pm
I think he ran okay. A few factors need to be taken into account.

1) He's been overrated all along.

2) He was first up and wasn't near peak fitness

3) The winner is a whole lot better horse than people thought.
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 9:12pm
4) He overraced early which probably cost him close to length.
Gee Gee View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee Gee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 11:46am
LOL @ Milk comments 

He'd still be worth a few mill   
 Post Reply Post Reply