Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Women Playing Rugby League

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 10:32am
Originally posted by TIGER TIGER wrote:

Jarryd Hayne would be the longest serving lady in the NRL at present
As usual - Tiger make a very relevant "short but sweet" observation
Refer ALP Election Promises
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 11:46am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

It all started with women wanting to be jockeys.Big smile

Not a good example...   Look to something where the Physical needs are more important.       Like the Heavy weight World Boxing Title . If you want to go there.
   When was the last time a woman won the Sydney / Melbourne Riding premiership any way.
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 2:21pm
Have you been personally disadvantaged in any way by women playing sports they did not formerly play ?  What is the problem ?
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by Tontonan Tontonan wrote:

Have you been personally disadvantaged in any way by women playing sports they did not formerly play ?  What is the problem ?

NO NO NO ..     I'd rather watch them actually ... No dramas in feigning injury in soccer etc ,     They certainly give of their best in all of the sports .
   Better on the eye may I add---- BUT,    Probably my generation isn't comfortable seeing Ladies getting "flattened" in the body contact sports .

I LOVE WOMEN .....       Mum was one.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

NO NO NO ..     I'd rather watch them actually ... No dramas in feigning injury in soccer etc ,     They certainly give of their best in all of the sports .
   Better on the eye may I add---- BUT,    Probably my generation isn't comfortable seeing Ladies getting "flattened" in the body contact sports .

I thought you were going to say you married one.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

I thought you were going to say you married one.

I married 2 actually .    They closed the Psychiatric Areas.

Someone had to house them.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 5:39pm
BTW Croca ....    That's how I found out they can't fight.    
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 5:40pm
They may have shook you down a touch Macca, but they never took ya humour.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

They may have shook you down a touch Macca, but they never took ya humour.

The second one married 4 times .
first to a Banker ,   then an entertainer , a man of the clothe and then me .
I asked why we all appealed to her

Wait for it =    She said " one for the money , two for the show , Three to get ready ,     Four for the ( blow )" ...
Not dreaming it would be a left hook.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 8:04pm

Apart from poker or chess, that's just about the only sport they can compete with men in.
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 8:18pm

this is the only Women's sport I would watch ahead of the Men's option.

In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Apart from poker or chess, that's just about the only sport they can compete with men in.
Not even sure about Chess Doc . The World Chess Champoinship was unified a number of years back & I dont think a women has ever come close to winning it. Some good news though. There is a women winner every year in the
Women's World Chess Championship
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 1:27am

Yeah ,,but dont they do it well Big smile
Chuck Kathy up against Glyn .   Know who I would back LOL
animals before people.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 2:36am
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Not even sure about Chess Doc . The World Chess Champoinship was unified a number of years back & I dont think a women has ever come close to winning it. Some good news though. There is a women winner every year in the

Sorry oneone - I completely disregarded the smaller brain capacity of women ... don't they have quotas to account for that in Chess? ... you know, like the ALP and Greens do in the pre-selection process? ... oh that's right ... Emma Pantsdown Hussar, Sarah Pantsdown Young ... Embarrassed
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 2:52am

Sorry oneone - I completely disregarded the smaller brain capacity of women ... don't they have quotas to account for that in Chess? ... you know, like the ALP and Greens do in the pre-selection process? ... oh that's right ... Emma Pantsdown Hussar, Sarah Pantsdown Young ... Embarrassed

LOL  Crackin me up here .
animals before people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 8:36am
Cracking you up "fits the bill."        >   But think about the burst implant Industry.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 12:13pm

Cracking you up "fits the bill."        >   But think about the burst implant Industry.

Sadly , Lady dies after collision while playing AFL in Adelaide .
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 8:07pm
Tragic - terrible accident.Unhappy

Margaret Varcoe dies after on-field head injury

"MARGARET Varcoe, sister of Collingwood star Travis Varcoe, has tragically died after sustaining a head injury while playing in a women’s grand final in an Adelaide Football League.

Varcoe, playing for club Angle Vale, walked off the field after the devastating collision but later collapsed in the team’s dressing room. The 27-year-old was rushed to hospital immediately.

She was in a coma at Royal Adelaide Hospital all week before news broke of her death on Thursday night."

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/maggie-varcoe-dies-after-onfield-head-injury/news-story/97735ac26e0187392ba376bbb4917d4f
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 6:31pm
reductio ad absurdum
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 6:36pm
Females are more prone to concussion. Playing concussive sports, not smart.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 7:23pm
There won't be enough concussions, cat fights or costume malfunctions to maintain my attention, I'm afraid.Dead
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 10:05pm
Why would that pretty young girl above tattoo under her chin ? Many a girl would be happ6 to be that pretty
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2018 at 12:04am

Why would that pretty young girl above tattoo under her chin ? Many a girl would be happ6 to be that pretty

Yeah i am like you One One.    Why do girls get tattoos ??     And that on her chin ???    Such a pretty girl,,such an ugly tattoo.Confused
At Scone Cup last year.   These very pretty girls in amazing , expensive outfits.   Just drop dead gorgeous clothes.  And tatts up the back of their legs and across their shoulders.    Not even pretty tatts.   Horrible freaky ugly tatts.   Skulls and spiders and crossbones.   fiddlesticks,,if you are going to go down that road, at least get something attractive. 
animals before people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2018 at 2:29am
Tattoos & invasive body jewelery are a wonderful guide to the amount of actual functional brain the persons have.

Must be terrible to be continually rejected for work positions.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2018 at 9:35am

Tattoos & invasive body jewelery are a wonderful guide to the amount of actual functional brain the persons have.

Agree and that applies to blokes even more.
The exception being a reference to their child
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2018 at 2:29pm
Some tatts can be attractive .  I am not against a small pretty tatt if a girl wants one.  But have it where it can be covered if need be.
But these skulls ,  and spiders crawling up the neck, and tombstones on the back of the leg,,,,OMG.  Just plain ugly.
animals before people.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2018 at 2:37pm
I suspect that particular tattoo would be a tribal tattoo ?

She was on the Sunday Footy Show last weekend or the week before and I was flabbergasted. I was amaized Sterlo was able to talk to her without constantly looking at the tat.

I expect she would be constantly saying "The eyes are up here busta" 

reductio ad absurdum
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 10:08pm
Time to stop the charade. The Women's game on GF Day was an embarrassment to the code. Skill level about 2/10 - equivalent to schoolboy under 10 level. Huge big girls putting on their best bloke impersonations bashing the crap out of each other. Zero crowd interest. Grandstands empty with a few family/friends/girlfriends scattered around. Women commentator sounding like a bloke & struggling to put 2 words together. Highlight was her comment was that these girls were amongst the "best players in the world". Sidekick commentator Gould making the odd complimentary comment without much enthusiasm. All of this after the Dally M night of nights where a conservative 30% of total coverage was on the Women. I mean seriously, they only play a handful of games a year & there's only a few bloody teams as well. Hardly reasonable I would have thought.
So this is gender equality stupidity. 95% of women have no interest in even watching NRL - let alone playing the game. And that will NEVER change. Think of the 5 closest girls / women you know & ask yourself the question whether any of them would want to play NRL. I don't know any around me that would. Then ask yourself as a parent would you encourage your daughter to play the game. Almost child abuse I would have thought up against those massive Polynesian types (which dominate the game - same as fellows I know).

Now I am not saying if you want to play the game you shouldn't. Go ahead & knock yourself out. Lets just not try to turn into something that it will NEVER be - a mainstream women's sport. PLEEZ !

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 10:16pm
... they will only ever help add to the gender pay gap ... most of them are plain scary.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 10:18pm
I'm not even sure I would like to live in a country where the majority of women played RL. Scary thought actually !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>