Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Saturday Racing Blog August 11 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Saturday Racing Blog August 11 2018
    Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 9:20am
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Aurelius View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurelius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 10:55am
Rosehill

R1   Jetgirl          $3.30

R3   Snitzel Day      $5.50 - 2.00

R4   Sweet Scandal    $3.60

--------------------------------

Flemington

R2   Bandipur        $4.20
R2   Ritorno          $26.00 - 5.00

R5   Illumicon        $4.60

R8   Moss 'n' Dale    $5.00

Morphetville

R6   Cry If I Want To $5.00
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 10:55am
Good morning Gay3 and all. Good luck.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 12:05pm
This is me today:

Rosehill

R1 Jet Girl $3.3 ***SPECIAL*** - missed the good odds, still took some $3.3 albeit felt dumb taking it given what she opened. Loved her last start win. Can go on with it here. The main danger is a little overrated I feel.

R5 Tactical Advantage $3.5 (Enhanced Odds) - betting swing a noted concern, as is the weight difference. But this guy is a better horse for the throat surgery and won like a very good horse first up. Trekking still has to prove he's more than a capable horse with a bit of cat about him. Gets his chance here.

R6 Plague Stone - expecting he gets to $3+. Was on for the first up win and no reason to get off here. He's no star, definitely not a Golden Rose horse, but he's capable and finds another winnable race here.

R9 Paret - waiting for a better price as he maps a little trickily so I'd say they ease him late when the speed mappers plonk. Broke through for a significant win in his career last start. Time to go on with it now.

Flemington

R5 Gold Mag $2 ***BEST BET*** - can't have been more impressive in two career starts. Looks exceptional and can beat the only danger in Illumicon.

R7 Poetic Dream from Home Of The Brave - I think these two have it between them, with the class edge on these. Both should sprint well fresh and enjoy the straight six. I just worry if Poetic Dream pulls a little hard if he doesn't have a bum to follow. He is a serious horse to my eye and is so with blinkers on. Home Of The Brave extremely impressive in two trials and brings great 1400m form from Europe.

GOOD LUCK AND GOOD PUNTING.
Sunline...simply supreme
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 1:05pm
Best for me today is Doomben race 3 - Order Again for master trainer Brian Smith.

Luckless at it's previous two starts. It's been off the scene because of a few issues but l'm sure it's good to go today. He wouldn't be running it if it wasn't.

Just watch it's last two runs.

Looking forward to seeing Rebellious Lord run today. He's one of my favourites. He won't be disgraced against Gold Mag and co.

scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 1:38pm
No surprise my best is Plague Stone. Hopefully wins on his way to the RTTR and GR.
Trekking also looks like a winner. Always trials well and didn't disappoint last time.

Can't get into Jetgirl in the first. Won a benchmark 55 at Dubbo against a very weak field and she's up against a few who have run decent races in the city. ie Lifesaver and Table Mountain. $7 Enhanced for Lifesaver for me. Jetgirl might burn me but she just hasn't shown me enough , yet.

Also considering Bandipour, Sir Edwin Landseer, Muswellbrook, Istria and Brave Song.
Will wait and see how the trackd are playing for them.
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by MJB MJB wrote:

Best for me today is Doomben race 3 - Order Again for master trainer Brian Smith.

Luckless at it's previous two starts. It's been off the scene because of a few issues but l'm sure it's good to go today. He wouldn't be running it if it wasn't.

Looking forward to seeing Rebellious Lord run today. He's one of my favourites. He won't be disgraced against Gold Mag and co.

have to agree - he just needs a bit of pace on and he will crunch them - also very keen on I am Impinge in 8th, back to his right distance
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by scamanda scamanda wrote:

No surprise my best is Plague Stone. Hopefully wins on his way to the RTTR and GR.
Trekking also looks like a winner. Always trials well and didn't disappoint last time.

Can't get into Jetgirl in the first. Won a benchmark 55 at Dubbo against a very weak field and she's up against a few who have run decent races in the city. ie Lifesaver and Table Mountain. $7 Enhanced for Lifesaver for me. Jetgirl might burn me but she just hasn't shown me enough , yet.

Also considering Bandipour, Sir Edwin Landseer, Muswellbrook, Istria and Brave Song.

The early bird gets the worm, well done Scamanda, good luck with what you do later.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 2:05pm

Great call and against the market as well, mate!
Sunline...simply supreme
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 2:07pm
Thanks guys, it doesn't happen often enough though.
Good luck with them.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

The early bird gets the worm, well done Scamanda, good luck with what you do later.

The 2nd mouse gets the cheese.

I followed your tip Scamanda ( goes well fresh and fancied )   

TOM's best won the first at Doomben..      I know my tipsters.
therealkramer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote therealkramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 2:33pm
Lloyd is an enigma. He only cares about one race, possibly two and his two hopes put in pipe openers in the first at Flemington
Rhino View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 2:47pm
Love it MJB. Well done
crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 2:50pm
Scary scenes after the first.
Ambulance rushed to assist Andrew Mallyon whom had an asthma attack after pulling up
This space has been intentionally left blank
Aurelius View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurelius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 3:07pm
Rosehill

R1   Jetgirl          $3.30

R3   Bergerac        $5.50 - 2.00
*** Cashed out on Snitzel Day and jumped on Bergerac.

R4   Sweet Scandal    $3.60

Flemington

R2   Bandipur        $4.20
R2   Ritorno          $26.00 - 5.00

R5   Illumicon        $4.60

R8   Moss 'n' Dale    $5.00

Morphetville

R6   Cry If I Want To $5.00[/QUOTE]

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote therealkramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 3:13pm
Tempting fate here but Shinn looks rusty there at Rosehill
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by MJB MJB wrote:

Nice price champ
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 3:21pm

My final plunge today is
R'hill 4    8 Sweet Scandal     smart one
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by Rhino Rhino wrote:

Love it MJB. Well done

Cheers!

Well done to you too marble! Hope you cleaned up.

He's a nice horse. The toppie set the race up for him with that mad tempo. I was actually concerned prior to the race that they would go slow but l was wrong there.

Hopefully Brian can keep him sound. He'll win alot more. And wait until he gets onto a wet track, he's even better.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 3:36pm
Nice work MJB, good odds too. 

Big shortener at Rosehill Our Malambo 17s intp 9.50 in very quick time.
billyjack View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 3:46pm
All Too Soon
gordy
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 3:47pm
And they left in the bookie's bag.

scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 4:23pm
Our yes.
That was a hell of a win by Trekking. Clap
held out wide and pressured all the way and still beat the one that had all the favours.
McEvoy didn't panic. That was the biggest factor.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote therealkramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 4:30pm

Our yes.
held out wide and pressured all the way and still beat the one that had all the favours.

It had a 7kg weight pull...it could afford to do a few things wrong
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote therealkramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 4:33pm
There's some shorties getting rolled at Doomben there today Eff Troop, From Within, Malvern Estate..the latter rolled by a 30-1 leaderOuch
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by therealkramer therealkramer wrote:

Our yes.

It had a 7kg weight pull...it could afford to do a few things wrong

Which is why you were all over him right?
Team riding by Lees two runners.
TA with Bowman held him out 3 wide while Dal Cielo kept trying to push him out even wider.

If they were Lloyd's horses there would be a call of foul play.

And he won despite those efforts. Replays don't lie.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 4:52pm
Think Sandbar is overs here!
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote therealkramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by therealkramer therealkramer wrote:

Tempting fate here but Shinn looks rusty there at Rosehill

Yep. He's a mock atm. Oxford Tycoon backed heavily and.....Dead
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

Think Sandbar is overs here!

Clap McEvoy again.
Stainvita View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stainvita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 5:00pm
No wonder Plague Stone got out to 4.80 with Browman leaving it 4 wide througout.
If your hands aren't shaking you haven't put enough on.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>