Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Compact discs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Compact discs
    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 8:06pm
I'm going to give 300 of them to an op shop tomorrow. They've been in a shed for ages. Can't imagine ever playing them again, so I copied them all in various formats and put them on an external hard drive- I tell a lie- my brother did it for me. So my question is, does anybody here use cd's now?

Did the same thing with LP's. The day I heard that a compact disc player would be on sale in 3 months I went and sold my 100 LP's to a used record shop on Parramatta Rd. I hated LP's and no- I'm not going to what the beardy weirdo hipsters are doing and start playing LP's again. I'd rather wear platform shoes, flares and a body shirt.
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 9:22pm
I still listen to cd's in the car.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 9:30pm
Nothing beats listening to a full album, whatever format you want to hear it. A lot of songs used to be written as part of an album and can't be appreciated without the songs around them. Not sure if that applies to Katy Perry or whoever these days, because I don't care, but it used to be true.
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 3:31pm
I am with Dizzy.  I listen to CDs in the car .... but I compile the CD's myself from Spotify and archive them digitally. 

On a related subject I recently deconstructed 'The Tower of Power', the audio system that had been taking up an entire wall of my living room for the past 30 years or more.  The 1980's Japanese component hi-fi with the tower speakers had to go.  

In it's place is a bluetooth speaker, a portable CD player (the sort you attach to your belt), a tiny MP3 player, digital radio  and a pair of noise cancelling headphones which all fit on a single shelf of the bookshelf.   

I kept the turntable and amp.  They are attached to the computer in the study. I still like to spin vinyl from time to time.  The golden years are over now but op-shops used to be a treasure trove of cheap vinyl in excellent condition before the hipsters woke up to it. 

The rest of it I put on the nature strip and it disappeared in an hour or two.  
 Post Reply Post Reply