Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Al Galayel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Al Galayel
    Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 11:56am
Looks a nice import on what he has shown in two starts in Melbourne.

First time in Sydney and first time up to 2000m in R6 today, but looks like he'll handle it all. Just needs the right run as he doesn't have early speed, but he levels out really nicely.

Could be a handy horse in the spring if they keep going.

Edited by Gay3 - 14 Jul 2018 at 12:12pm
Sunline...simply supreme
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 1:49pm
Has been hammered in the last hour.
Sunline...simply supreme
Prince of Penzance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 1:56pm
I backed him ew on Wednesday
Price is all but gone now
Now just needs to win
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 4:51pm
What do we make of that ride? Completely upside down. Leading and under plenty of pressure holding it.

Not ideal at all.
Sunline...simply supreme
Prince of Penzance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 5:05pm
I think we just have to forget today happened.
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 5:28pm
Is a one batter imo Sunline. Didn't want to moz you so didn't comment but that Melb form was sus (unlike Royal Music's at Morp - check out Sikandarabad's subsequent win!) and he had every chance there imo. Need to see the times but apart from one section where Shinn put a couple on them before the turn I couldn't see a problem. Been tough out front in most races today.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 7:53pm
No star, that's for sure.
Sunline...simply supreme
Aurelius View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurelius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 9:40pm
When I saw his run when he beat Rat with No Teeth at Sandown I think I was on him thought he was going to be a gun.

Sure didn't Win today the market expected him to, first run going the other way, leading which was silly.

Not sure I don't follow individual horses that closely is it possible he was only there for a look around today is there a staying race in Sydney in the future that may be a target.

Not saying he is a star but would be surprised if he's not a better horse than we seen today.

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 1:48am
Originally posted by Aurelius Aurelius wrote:

When I saw his run when he beat Rat with No Teeth at Sandown I think I was on him thought he was going to be a gun.

Sure didn't Win today the market expected him to, first run going the other way, leading which was silly.

Not sure I don't follow individual horses that closely is it possible he was only there for a look around today is there a staying race in Sydney in the future that may be a target.

Not saying he is a star but would be surprised if he's not a better horse than we seen today.

A slow affair ... Be surprised to see any of them come Spring time.

A long journey from a benchmark 70 win.    
 Post Reply Post Reply