Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

those 2 kids shot by their father

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: those 2 kids shot by their father
    Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 11:35pm
What about the 2 teenagers at Pennant Hills, who,s father walked in and shot them dead.  Planned it all.  Then took his own life.  Those poor kids.  What a terrible last few minutes on earth.  How could any father do that to his kids ??   OMG there are some complete lunatics out there.
Those poor kids,,,,,I mean, we all love our Dads and they love us.  I can not imagine anything so horrible .
animals before people.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 9:43am
Apparently he was denied any access to the kids so he made it permanent

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 10:26am
As soon as I saw the age difference of the pair- she was 20 when the first child was conceived, he was 48- and the name- Olga, it became crystal clear. Unattractive old Aussie man gets Russian mail-order bride, who only wants permanent residence and economic security out of arrangement. Recipe for disaster. As soon as she gets what she wants, bye bye ugly old freak.Big smile
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 11:54am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

As soon as I saw the age difference of the pair- she was 20 when the first child was conceived, he was 48- and the name- Olga, it became crystal clear. Unattractive old Aussie man gets Russian mail-order bride, who only wants permanent residence and economic security out of arrangement. Recipe for disaster. As soon as she gets what she wants, bye bye ugly old freak.Big smile

What a nasty piece of gelati you must be. This is not the mothers fault.
Those children did not deserve to be murdered.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 12:06pm
He did not say that.
reductio ad absurdum
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 1:06pm
I didn't get that impression either.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 1:07pm
No the mother had no direct impact on her kid's deaths from all reports.

The alarms should have been sounding out loudly when the man was denied his pistol club license.
This is a process done through the various state police departments.

The police are so busy trying to seem politically correct and policing the known perps from reoffending (ie man hours spend daily on Gangs in Melb, yes I know Pennant Hills is in Sydney) that they don't get time to fulfil their normal every day procedures like keeping tabs on known violent offenders and mentally ill people who are denied firearms licenses. 

And they are the ones who offend.

No doubt this guy's file was lost in the pile of paper work back at the office.
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 1:11pm
NSW opposition is proposing a Canadian style provision in the gun application process where a statement is required from current, recent or up to 3 years past partner of the applicant, male or female.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

NSW opposition is proposing a Canadian style provision in the gun application process where a statement is required from current, recent or up to 3 years past partner of the applicant, male or female.

This is where the firearms clubs do a great job PT.

Anyone starting or visiting has to fill in a declaration (for Qld police Weapons Licensing) and is questioned by the club's captain regarding drugs, mental illness and violence.

We had one guy attend twice. It wasn't until a member recognised him a few weeks later that we found he had a charge of assault in the last 3 years, and he was told he couldn't attend again.
He lied to the club capt who had to sign for him, which is an offence.
He filled in a false declaration, another offense.

Haven't seen him since and the club passes on the form to Weapons Licensing.
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 1:24pm
I have to admit I wondered if the Mum was a mail order bride, being Russian and so much younger, and apparently he had been married a couple of times before, and guess those wives flicked him off PDQ when they saw what a nasty freak he was.   I heard on one of the news reports he wasnt supposed to know where they lived, as the kids were scared of him.  I cant get my head around a father doing that to his own kids. 
I thought the grandfather at Margaret River was terrible, but this !!!   It really gets to me, even thinking about it.  Makes me so appreciate my own Dad and his love for me.
animals before people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 4:00pm
The Media stated he was a legally licenced person of several firearms.

He had been in custody/access battles in the Courts for over 2 years.

The wife is a Solicitor which has one asking questions on WHY she wasn't
prepared to grant some contact with his children.
Why no Restraining orders etc , if He was a danger.?
Was there a third party in her life.?

Whatever ,   an horrendous thing for him to do ,   
It would be very interesting to know the true and full story.   So much just doesn't add up.
ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 4:17pm
Some weak gutted responses to this thread. The children did not deserve this fate and the pathetic ex husband with a history of domestic violence has absolutely no excuse. It's why he was banned from seeing the kids in the first place. Restraining orders don't keep psychos at bay.

Macca and Tlaz give yourselves a good smack in the chops. You both deserve it. Your questions and suspicions are completely invalid. The poor woman has obviously worked hard to train in the legal profession and keep her kids safe through the available legal avenues.

I couldn't care less what your opinions are of their comments either Fibber and D. No excuses!

#letthetrollingcommence
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by ThreeBears ThreeBears wrote:

Some weak gutted responses to this thread. The children did not deserve this fate and the pathetic ex husband with a history of domestic violence has absolutely no excuse. It's why he was banned from seeing the kids in the first place. Restraining orders don't keep psychos at bay.

Macca and Tlaz give yourselves a good smack in the chops. You both deserve it. Your questions and suspicions are completely invalid. The poor woman has obviously worked hard to train in the legal profession and keep her kids safe through the available legal avenues.

I couldn't care less what your opinions are of their comments either Fibber and D. No excuses!

#letthetrollingcommence

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 6:38pm

is this true? or are you making assumptions?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by Isaac soloman Isaac soloman wrote:

She is a Russian national and she is the same age as his older children by his first wife. 

Brudder_A View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 6:54pm
As an ethnic Ukrainian who has seen a bit of this kind of stuff since the breakup of the CCCP it is no surprise about that this has not happened earlier.

There are many forces going in several directions here as there are many questions which would be asked about how this happened and many speculations as well.

One of the things that I have seen in these kind of marriages is that the cultural difference are quite pronounced. Slavic women run the household. It is matriarchal while the English/Western Europe household is far more patriarchal. This is quite inbred and that the clash of cultures can and does lead to tension and in this case disastrous as the "patriarch" chose the ultimate solution in eliminating those he found against his word (whatever that was). 

From an ethical standpoint it is terrible and very sad.

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 7:05pm
But self-educated to Tertiary level as a mature age person, so hardly confined to the kitchen or the cot.

So don't implicitly blame the third-party victim, just condemn the @ssehole spouse/father.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

But self-educated to Tertiary level as a mature age person, so hardly confined to the kitchen or the cot.

So don't implicitly blame the third-party victim, just condemn the @ssehole spouse/father.

May have been a contributing factor in the breakdown. Younger woman getting out and about pursuing a career. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 10:24am
Originally posted by Isaac soloman Isaac soloman wrote:

That is my guess, based on the only available facts so far.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 10:27am
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Who is blaming? The only one I am blaming is the lunatic with the gun but I am not blind to the motives of 20 year old women who marry ugly old men.Wink
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 1:22pm
Like Tiaz, I am not blaming her , or anyone else, just the crazy lunatic who killed his kids.   But also like T , I do wonder why a smart,  pretty, young 20 year old would even give that creepy old man a second look ?   And I dont think he was rich either, so its a strange one for sure.
animals before people.
Prince of Penzance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Like Tiaz, I am not blaming her , or anyone else, just the crazy lunatic who killed his kids.   But also like T , I do wonder why a smart,  pretty, young 20 year old would even give that creepy old man a second look ?   And I dont think he was rich either, so its a strange one for sure.

You can’t help who you fall in love with. Not that it’s any of our business anyway
 Post Reply Post Reply