Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Thai Cave Rescue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thai Cave Rescue
    Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 1:12am
A massive effort by all to get all of them out safe and sound.   All the people involved in that rescue are heros.    So very sad about the Dr,s dad.   I hope Dr  Harris takes comfort knowing he helped save 13 lives, and his Dad would be proud. 
animals before people.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 9:15pm
Yep got that. Just sad to hear. Hopefully what he did will help him.
Prince of Penzance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

Originally posted by Prince of Penzance Prince of Penzance wrote:

Sad twist for the Aussie Doctor Richard Harris who was the last one out of the cave, who found out upon returning that his father had passed away back here in Aus

Ah that's crap. My dad's a doctor and he and mum were hoping he got out ok.

The doctor was okay. It was his father who is back in Aus that passed away.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by Prince of Penzance Prince of Penzance wrote:

Sad twist for the Aussie Doctor Richard Harris who was the last one out of the cave, who found out upon returning that his father had passed away back here in Aus

Ah that's crap. My dad's a doctor and he and mum were hoping he got out ok.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 8:42pm
Wow, that's terrible, but just another thread to what will be a cracking yarn when it is brought to the silver screen!
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 8:32pm
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 6:17pm
Fantastic story of human bravery, perseverance and ingenuity ... but only half told ... 

Now, what tf were they doing, 12 young boys and their "soccer coach" 4 kms underground, inside a cave?Confused
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 9:25am
Everyone is out.

Saman Kunan will never be forgotten, he is a true hero.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 12:11am
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 12:10am
All of them ??  All out ??   OMG how good is that !!   Only sad thing is the death of the navy seal.  What a wonderful outcome.
animals before people.
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 12:07am
All now rescued
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 7:02pm
appears they are in the process of bringing out the last 4 kids and coach.  Hope it all goes well and is soon over for all concerned.
animals before people.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 5:49pm
Best story in a long time ... I'll watch the movie!Thumbs Up

Will Chris Hemsworth play the Aussie Hero?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

I'm not too sure about the mental scarring, Asians in general are a helluva lot tougher than we pampered ones in the Lucky Country.

True.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 1:59pm
I'm not too sure about the mental scarring, Asians in general are a helluva lot tougher than we pampered ones in the Lucky Country.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 1:41pm
They will be continued to be monitored, some diseases could talk months before effects are shown.

Also mentally, they will be scarred for life now.
Hope they have good child psychologists to help them
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 1:38pm
They just said some may be able to go home tomorrow. Having not eaten for 10 days, they also had to make sure their stomachs were ok for solid normal food. Many had wanted spicy food but were not allowed till they were cleared.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 1:33pm
Yes 8 are now in hospital.
Being kept separate from families at this stage, due to risk of disease/infection.
All currently being looked afte in hospital
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 1:18pm
So they have 8 out now ?  How good is that !!!ClapI too am  hugely claustrophobic and cant even imagine getting thru those spaces, but you would never have got me in there anyway.  Its amazing what humans can do when everyone works together.  All those people from so many different countries and religions, all working together for those kids.  Just hoping for the remainder to be safe now, and all the divers too.

animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by Baguette Baguette wrote:

There bringing them out in daily batches of 4 from what I can work out. It's something like 4 and half kilometres and they have to come out against the current. Amazing if they can get it done. I'm mildly claustrophobic so the whole thing fills me with horror!

5 hours in and 6 hours back. They are hopeful to get the last 4 children out today.
Then the adult.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 12:11pm
Hidden posts were totally irrelevant to the subject, please keep gutter content out of threads Disapprove
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Baguette View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baguette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 12:59am
There bringing them out in daily batches of 4 from what I can work out. It's something like 4 and half kilometres and they have to come out against the current. Amazing if they can get it done. I'm mildly claustrophobic so the whole thing fills me with horror!
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 12:49am
That has now gone up to 3 and possibly 4 today
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 11:55pm
Only one ??   OMG.   This is going to be a long rescue .   Meanwhile its raining.
Got to feel for everyone involved. 
animals before people.
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 11:39pm
One so far tonight AA
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 11:21pm
any more out yet ??
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 5:22pm
Yes carioca, that is the logical explanation of what happened to them. Once trapped they went higher inside.. I doesn't explain how they came to be in there though, and probably, only they would know for sure, so the fact the reason is coming from a Dutch rescue diver suggests he or another diver asked them. Would also explain the coach apologizing to the parents. 
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 5:16pm
Despite warning signs about the caves being dangerous and prone to flooding outside the entrance he took them in , so he disobeyed all warnings and when the rains came and flooded the entrance they were led further back in and in, is that how you read it PT?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 4:57pm
A Dutch diver assisting with the rescue said the 12 boys were led into the caves by their soccer coach as part of an initiation ritual where they inscribe their names on one of the rock faces.

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 4:49pm
If you had followed the story Macca they went in there to get out of a storm, it started to flood so it appeared they went further in and that's when the drama started, not knowing the terrain they were heading into trouble, that's my take, fwiw.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>