Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Wimbledon : 2018 Championships

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wimbledon : 2018 Championships
    Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 12:49am

Edited by Gay3 - 06 Jul 2018 at 2:34pm
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 1:01am
Cilic or Djoker for me here. Federer as well obviously but not at 2.75. Looked vulnerable the last two tournaments. Sure he won in Stuttgart and made the final in Halle (should have won) but did not look dominant at all. Has looked good tonight but you’d hope so in the 1st round.

Women’s who knows. I made my first bet on a women’s H2H market for some time last week and although it won I was immediately regretting the decision. Maybe Wozniacki again or Kvitová if her injury is ok.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 12:21pm
Just a little mention E&E, I have the 15th seed in the men's draw by the tail , and I have a pretty strong grip.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 12:26pm
I hope Cilic wins. He's a good guy.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

Cilic or Djoker for me here. Federer as well obviously but not at 2.75. Looked vulnerable the last two tournaments. Sure he won in Stuttgart and made the final in Halle (should have won) but did not look dominant at all. Has looked good tonight but you’d hope so in the 1st round.

Women’s who knows. I made my first bet on a women’s H2H market for some time last week and although it won I was immediately regretting the decision. Maybe Wozniacki again or Kvitová if her injury is ok.

Well these didn’t go so well.
Upsets everywhere on both sides. Djoker looking very very good though. As is Fed it must be said. Nadal will need to improve on last nights effort. Looked average despite what the scoreline suggested.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Just a little mention E&E, I have the 15th seed in the men's draw by the tail , and I have a pretty strong grip.

He has been serving very very well so far. The type of form that if he continued will make him tough to beat against anyone. Will probably find a way to have a blow up somewhere along the way though.
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 3:44pm
bad boy nick had a nice win not without his usual histrionics - think he is in good form and a real chance
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

I hope Cilic wins. He's a good guy.

Dearie me.Confused
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 7:15pm
Borg v McEnroe- pretty good movie.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 8:14pm
Borg, Connors and Becker have all gone close to bankruptcy.

This is the richest former tennis player.

Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 8:17pm
Nishikori is fast becoming an Australian sporting icon.  

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 8:17pm
The one with the mo. 2 billion.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 8:22pm
Being (allegedly) associated with the Russian Mafia makes for a great start.Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 8:27pm
The odds of Kyrgios ever making it through 7 high pressure best of 5 sets matches to win a grand slam are very long.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 9:02pm
Possibly so Tlaz.

However that's the case with virtually all the 500-odd touring professionals, most of the players ranked in the Top 100, or indeed those in the Top 25.  Wink

ps yes he's a dick, but he's our Dick.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Possibly so Tlaz.

However that's the case with virtually all the 500-odd touring professionals, most of the players ranked in the Top 100, or indeed those in the Top 25.  Wink

Get real. There are very very few players who turn it up cold at grand slams. I can only remember seeing 2 of them in many years of watching and unfortunately they are both Australians.Shocked
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 12:57am
#notmydick
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 3:04am
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Possibly so Tlaz.

You can have him - never been mine. What is it with Australian men tennis players ? They have a lot to answer for in this country - tennis is on the nose
Refer ALP Election Promises
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 1:27pm
Well Federer has certainly stepped it up a gear. An absolutely masterful display in the 1st set last night and just cruised from there. Hadn’t even had anyone get to deuce on his serve in the 1st 3 rounds which was incredible. Faced a couple of break pts last night but still unbroken through 4 rounds now.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 7:51pm
Was only ever going to be one winner last night after the epic Anderson/Isner semi. Djoker just too good and Anderson not even in the match until the 3rd set. A great tournament as usual. Looking forward to the rest of the season as they move on to Nth American hard courts.
 Post Reply Post Reply