Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Barry Hall

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 11:54pm
Yes AA they do. 15 secs even I believe but that was enough time to avoid this going to air. The editor should also be sacked along with the husband who rasieed the topic.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 1:06am
As I said, dumb ex footballers appeal to which audience ...?
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 10:28am
Unless I have misheard Hall's statement or there is more I didn't hear, he wasn't sexist. It was gross but it was anti-doctor if anything, not anti-women.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 10:51am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Unless I have misheard Hall's statement or there is more I didn't hear, he wasn't sexist. It was gross but it was anti-doctor if anything, not anti-women.

He got sacked for the filth that came out of his mouth, that's the way 99% of people are looking at it
EAD
Prince of Penzance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 11:46am
Prince of Penzance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 11:47am
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 11:51am
It is behind a paywall. 
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by ThreeBears ThreeBears wrote:

Yes AA they do. 15 secs even I believe but that was enough time to avoid this going to air. The editor should also be sacked along with the husband who rasieed the topic.

OK then.  They all should be copping it, and not just BH.
I didnt think it was sexist, just plain filthy. And so unnecessary.
animals before people.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 2:28pm
I think everyone is being a little precious.
If you went down to a pub or club any friday or saturday night, and somehow the boys were talking about a wife or girlfriend being pregnant, then someone in the group would make a similar comment.

The issue is that Barry Hall and others including Eddie McGuire, seem to think that private, boys talk, is acceptable to be broadcasted. You would think Eddie almighty would know better.

Barry Hall deserved to be removed for ever from broadcasting, but as has been said, the other people involved in the conversation also need to be removed, as the comment, while vile and crass, was not the issue, it was the fact that as has been said the producer, and the studio all thought that was acceptable broadcast material.

But hey when Alan Jones says that we need to take the prime minister out to ysdney heads in a potato sack, and drop her in the water to see if she floats, that on air material has fallen away significantly.

I would think that is more dispicable commentary, than the comments Hall made, but then again Jones is still on the air!     
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12