Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Saturday Racing Blog June 23 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 9:56pm
Wagyu steak on the menu tonight for MJB!

It was clear as daylight they went up the wrong price. I got no deductions on the $5 fixed l took. Happy days. Where did you get the $6 3bm? You're a better shopper than me.

Good win again. He ate up that long Scone straight. Looking forward to seeing where they go to next with him.
ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 10:08pm
Having viewed the film, to my mind the jockey did NOT indicate he was ready.
Well that jus makes you wrong once again. He confirmed to the stewards that he had verbally indicated readiness.
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by MJB MJB wrote:

It was clear as daylight they went up the wrong price. I got no deductions on the $5 fixed l took. Happy days. Where did you get the $6 3bm? You're a better shopper than me.

Good win again. He ate up that long Scone straight. Looking forward to seeing where they go to next with him.

Crown boost. They haven't cut me yet but after today that might change
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 10:31pm
Only realised today how strong the form was from his first run. King's Trust and Foreign Territory both went to the Kenso and won their next starts. Add to that Oakfield Missile's romp on Sat and it's looking very solid. 

Runner up today was good as was the barrier rogue Roman Typhoon - another big lump who was winding up late - but TBV (good acronym that) gave them plenty of weight and a sound beating. His size gives him a huge advantage as far as hcp weights go.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 11:57pm
I suppose it is the connections responsibility to have horses schooled to load and be used to the starting stalls.
    If they aren't and act up and miss the kick ,   stiff bikkies.
That's Racing.
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 12:03am
What about the punters ?  Harry was favorite.  It makes it difficult to bet with any confidence if we can't be assured of fair starts.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 10:18am
A barrier blanket plus a blindfold leaves a very small margin for error, he won't be coming our way anytime soon but that's poor consolation for punters who imo were dudded.
ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 11:35am
Punters backing Harry at Ascot ( where he had a history of below form runs and poor manners ) were taking a risk that was well known.

Ascot 0/5
All other tracks 5/5

That writing was well and truly stencilled on the wall.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 11:36am
Originally posted by Tontonan Tontonan wrote:

What about the punters ?  Harry was favorite.  It makes it difficult to bet with any confidence if we can't be assured of fair starts.

These days trainers take the easy option too often. Too many horses?
Barrier blankets, blindfolds, earmuffs and what ever should have never been allowed.

Harry is renowned for his bad barrier manners. The fact he wears a blindfold into the barriers might tell them that.
Any punter who puts money on a horse that consistently misbehaves in the barriers is taking the risk that the horse will not play up. And when the horse does go bananas the punter wants to blame someone else.

Remember Here De Angels? 

Warning (Slow to Begin)15-Oct-2011RANDR. MurrihyFinal Warning - Stood flat-footed when the gates were released
Warning (Reared at Start)06-Aug-2011RANDRLWarning - Reared at start losing ground.
Suspension (Fractious in Barrier)18-Sep-2010CAULFIELDT BaileyReinstated on 27-Jun-2011 Steward: C Yeo
Suspension (Fractious in Barrier)18-Sep-2010CAULFIELDT BaileyReinstated on 24-Jun-2011 Steward: C Yeo
Suspension (Fractious in Barrier)02-May-2009CAULFIELDT BaileyReinstated on 21-Aug-2009 Steward: P Ryan / N Hearps
Suspension (Fractious in Barrier)09-Mar-2009MORPHETTVILLEG LochReinstated on 24-Mar-2009 Steward: F. Beattie
Suspension (Fractious in Barrier)26-Jan-2007CAULFIELDReinstated on 19-Mar-2007 Steward: D Triandafillou
Warning (Difficult to Load)16-Sep-2006MOONEE VALLEYD GleesonReinstated on 25-Jan-2007 Steward: A. Jones

And people kept putting money on him.Confused
Why?

I started with nothing and still have most of it left
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 11:37am
Originally posted by ThreeBears ThreeBears wrote:

Punters backing Harry at Ascot ( where he had a history of below form runs and poor manners ) were taking a risk that was well known.

Ascot 0/5
All other tracks 5/5

That writing was well and truly stencilled on the wall.

LOL I was posting while you had already posted.

I started with nothing and still have most of it left
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 1:36pm
Merchant Navy almost lost the race due to interference about 200m out .

That would have been a disaster for this little black duck.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

Originally posted by MJB MJB wrote:

Crown boost. They haven't cut me yet but after today that might change

Cry Crystal ball was right. No more boosts from Crown. At least they had a reason for restricting me unlike the morons at SB/PP
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 11:29pm
I suspect that if such a start were affected for The Everest or the Newmarket you would be howling like there was no tomorrow.  

It doesn't matter who the horse is.  Punters are entitled to a fair start.  Scratch the horse at the gates if it will not co-operate but the panic and haste of the start of the Diamond Jubilee was unsatisfactory.  

FWIW I tipped Redkirk but didn't bet the race. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 11:54pm
Thumbs Up Amen to that Tontonan. 

Anyone see if the French had anything to say about the sudden start? City Light lost because he reared on jumping
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123