Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Dark Dream

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoffy95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 4:55pm
Richie Callandar tweeted yesterday it was off to Paul Perry. 

Might end back with Parker the way it's going! 
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 5:01pm
If you are looking for a boutique trainer in Melbourne. I'm available. Haven't had any starters yet so my record is unblemished
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 5:03pm
I heard that the horse has been poached
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 5:08pm
Well only time will tell.

Both trainers mentioned get a number of horses from other stables, but one is rather more into inducing potential clients to jump ship than the other.
SHOVHOG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHOVHOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 8:15pm
A new trainer hasn't been decided...

If it had indeed gone to Perry I would be surprised. Snowden & Hawkes should be at the top of the list.
" In gambling the many must lose in order for the few to win"
anabel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anabel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 8:24pm
I don’t get the secrecy and speculation... why not just move the horse, make a statement and move on. Surely they had it all planned.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 8:33pm
Absolutely correct. You don't move horses without having decided where they're going.Ermm
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by SHOVHOG SHOVHOG wrote:

A new trainer hasn't been decided...

If it had indeed gone to Perry I would be surprised. Snowden & Hawkes should be at the top of the list.

No way in the world would you either of those yards a potential Cups horse.

reductio ad absurdum
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by anabel anabel wrote:

I don’t get the secrecy and speculation... why not just move the horse, make a statement and move on. Surely they had it all planned.

From what I’ve heard there’s an ownership dispute so it may be not that simple
SHOVHOG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHOVHOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 8:57pm
That's a fair point djebel. When did the last Queensland derby winner win or was competitive in the cups ??
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 8:59pm
Look at poor Magicool. Last spring he couldn’t even win a St Arnaud Cup
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 9:00pm
But we digress...
SHOVHOG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHOVHOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 8:12am
Moonee valley cup , zipping classic etc etc. That's what they should be looking at with dark dream. The record of Queensland derby winners is a horror show. The point I'm trying to make is it's important to put the horse with somebody who can temper the owners ambitions with realism. Dark Dream would not be competitive in the cups this year unless it improves dramatically. Youngstar however has an amazing turn of foot and plenty of upside.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 11:57am
Considering there is only one winner of a Caulfield Cup in any one year the formlines of all horses is pretty limited.
reductio ad absurdum
Sneck View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by SHOVHOG SHOVHOG wrote:

Moonee valley cup , zipping classic etc etc. That's what they should be looking at with dark dream. The record of Queensland derby winners is a horror show. The point I'm trying to make is it's important to put the horse with somebody who can temper the owners ambitions with realism. Dark Dream would not be competitive in the cups this year unless it improves dramatically. Youngstar however has an amazing turn of foot and plenty of upside.
I would tend to agree but Boom Time and Prince of Penzance won cups so anything is possible.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 2:28pm
I reckon they should set him for the Emirates, on the final day, or whatever it's called now. 2000m lot of money.
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 8:35pm
So are we anywhere better placed to know just who's poached the fellow?
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 2:46am
John Moore.
reductio ad absurdum
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 7:37pm
So if that is the case, he will be off to Hong Kong like their previous Queensland Derby winner Eagle Way.

This horse could have been a top performer for the next three seasons here, at home.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 9:00pm
I was inebriated when I said that, Sorry. 
reductio ad absurdum
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 9:03pm
So much for:

"Offers have been rolling in for Dark Dream for a number of weeks. In particular after he dominated the Rough Habit Plate last month. But Basson has politely declined all offers.

“I knocked back $2 million, which was an extraordinarily generous offer, but he’s like my baby and you just can’t sell family, it’s as simple as that,” she said."
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Prince of Penzance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2018 at 8:07pm
Racing.com have just posted confirmation of Hong Kong sale.
Flies out next month, new trainer not announced.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2018 at 8:59pm
F#@k me sideways
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2018 at 9:13pm
Geez, I wonder what the ended up paying for him? Couldn't sell him for 400k back in January and wouldn't sell him for 2m until recently.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 12:09pm
Hong Kong outlet http://on.cc  is reporting that Dark Dream has been bought by Albert Hung, who has had the likes of Rapper Dragon (pictured) and Ruthven recently. Hung transferred his horses from John Moore to Frankie Lor in May, so Lor might get Dark Dream?

From Andrew Hawkins twitter
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 6:37pm
reductio ad absurdum
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 7:04pm
I see the SA Derby winner is also running in that race djebel.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 7:14pm
At a mile. It is nice to see.

If they'd stayed here they'd be having 3 or 4 starts each before they got to a mile this time in.

reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 8:31pm
That race they're in has been an absolute banger recently Eagle Way won it in 2016, Werther in 15 and Able Friend in 13
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 7:12pm
Just watched his race and had to have a look to see who rode him. That was a terrible ride. Can not believe Zac Purton could ride that poorly. I genuinely expected to see a different name on board.

reductio ad absurdum
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>