Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Smart Melody

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Such Is Life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

Yes. Only small neg is Kmac will want to make sure he doesn't get snookered early from the ace. Fast beginner Americana Magic is drawn outside and Ridicule is no bunny.

Shumookh first up over 1350m is interesting. Wyong suits but thought she'd resume over a shorter distance.

Exactly. Hopefully she jumps clean from the barrier and it’ll be a sit and steer job from the front.
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 5:47pm
Soft again.

Surely off to Randwick/Rosehill next.
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 6:16pm
Nice that the leader left the gap inside so Jmac could push through. Didn't see previous races but I gather the inside was not the place to be?  She's built like a 4yo this lady and obviously has ability to match the looks even allowing for the class and track today.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 6:22pm
Was well tuned for today's walk in the park.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 3:10pm
Killed them
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2018 at 7:41pm
Confirmed she'll take her place in the Thousands Guineas. $3 in the all in market.

She's a brilliant filly but the mile is a bridge too far in my opinion.

Good luck to the owners and the trainer. I can see why they want to go there but she won't be winning.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2018 at 7:55pm
Inclined to agree.
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2018 at 8:04pm
Deep down Lees knows she won't get the mile. Listen to all his interviews. Especially the post race interview today.

She'll be in it for a long way but with 100 to go she'll be swamped.

I just can't see her finding another gear.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2018 at 8:17pm
Her new stablemate will beat her in the Guineas

Should be saved for the Coolmore ImO
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2018 at 8:22pm
Agree. With a half decent run I think Thrillster beats her here. This is a very talented filly who does not look like she wants a mile.
kavg View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kavg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2018 at 10:07pm
Went quite a bit faster and quicker sectional than the boys and the 1st 2 races of older horses so would not write her off.

If she can get a sit just of the leaders and they don't go hard she will explode. All comes down to how much pace is involved.
Prejudice is an emotional attachment to ignorance.
DiEM25 for the world.
SHOVHOG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHOVHOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2018 at 10:17pm
I'm inclined to agree about the concern of the 1600. She reminds me of another horse the might have been danglissa or glamma something . . Most brilliant filly but probably won't get the mile. Having said that her spring from the 500 to the 200 was pretty bloody good and was entitled to tire. My assertive play ticket for 20k would be looking good right now if she didn't go amiss .

If I owned her I would go for it and then back up in the coolmore.
" In gambling the many must lose in order for the few to win"
SHOVHOG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHOVHOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2018 at 10:18pm
Gee there's some errors in that post. It's been a big weekend.
" In gambling the many must lose in order for the few to win"
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2018 at 10:27pm
The horse that was with her went back through the field, it was a 300m jump from her previous start. She’ll be fine in the mile.
to the victor
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2018 at 10:57pm
Shane Anderson - "Does she give you the impression she's going to eat up the mile?"

Lees' reply - "I wouldn't say eat up."

Look, it just depends on what kind of run she gets. If one or two things go wrong she will be very vulnerable late. I think that's obvious.

If she gets a bum to follow and does no work she might be fine.

Just couldn't possibly have her at $3.00 given the query.

This situation reminds me a little bit of Rich Enuff. He battled evenly to the line but the Sydney horse was stronger at the mile. Rich Enuff was never seen again at the mile.

MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 1:35pm
Drawn well in gate 2.

I think ideally for her it would be best if she didn't lead. A bit of cover would give her the best chance of running the mile.

Looking forward to the race.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 3:24pm
Agree. Race is now hers to lose. She can take a sit with cover and won't need to absorb pressure. If there is no pressure she will be right on the speed with the best turn of foot.< id="f5_cspm">(function(){var f5_cspm={f5_p:'KPAFJNMAAEHHPEJHOOGELDINACDPOPEKFOBJELKJJKFHOKHOJDCMLGEHOGHOFGEDLHFCFBDOAKMBKOCDDLIPOBMMCCIABAOLBLIKPCEHPEKBJDKLAJHPEOHDCLFDPOMA',setCharAt:function(str,index,chr){if(index>str.length-1)return str;return str.substr(0,index)+chr+str.substr(index+1);},get_byte:function(str,i){var s=(i/16)|0;i=(i&15);s=s*32;return((str.charCodeAt(i+16+s)-65)<<4|str.Ati+s-65;,set_byte:str,i,bvar s=i/16|0;i=i&15;s=s32;str=f5_cspm.setCharAtstr,i+16+s,.fromb>>4)+65));str=f5_cspm.setCharAt(str,(i+s),String.fromCharCode((b&15)+65));return str;},set_latency:function(str,latency){latency=latency&0xffff;str=f5_cspm.set_byte(str,48,(latency>>8));str=f5_cspm.set_byte(str,49,(latency&0xff));str=f5_cspm.set_byte(str,43,2);return str;},wait_perf_data:function(){try{var wp=window.performance.timing;if(wp.loadEventEnd>0){var res=wp.loadEventEnd-wp.navigationStart;if(res<60001var _val=f5_cspm.set_latencyf5_cspm.f5_p,res;..='f5avr0593969588aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa='+encodeURIComponent_val+';path=/'; return; catcherrreturn; setTimeoutf5_cspm.wait_perf_,100;return;,go:var chunk=...split/s;s;forvar i=0;i.split(/\s*=\s*/);if(pair[0]=='f5_cspm'&&pair[1]=='1234') {var d=new Date();d.setTime(d.getTime()-1000);window.document.cookie='f5_cspm=;expires='+d.toUTCString()+';path=/;';setTimeout(f5_cspm.wait_perf_data,100);}}}} f5_cspm.go();}());
Sunline...simply supreme
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 10:03pm
No need for that kind of language Sunline.LOL

I think she's worth risking at current prices. The Flight has already produced a winner, albeit on  hvy track, and it looks the best guide to my eye. If it's not I think Thrillster can also turn the tables.
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 4:15pm
Well that was obvious.

Staggering she went around at the price she did.

Lees was worried about her running 1400. That told me all l needed to know.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 4:15pm
Doesn’t run the mile.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 5:47pm
I was kinda surprised she even started in the Guineas cos she seemed to race keenly at 1400m and did not look like a miler. But even more surprised at how keen punters were on the day- I thought she would blow like a gale.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Prince of Penzance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 8:29pm
Sad to report that she passed away today.
Complications from Colic
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12