Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Social Media - Kings and Queens of Fake News

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 1:21pm
A line from An Honourable Man, by Michael McManus: “The British attitude to Europe reminds me of my parents’ cat. It scratches the door, desperate to get out, and when you open the door it just sits there licking its balls.” Hard to find better description of our current cabinet.
@gweccles
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 2:00pm
LOL... long live democracy!Dead
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

Originally posted by ThreeBears ThreeBears wrote:

Here's one for you Stayer - A Tweet from God. A very funny thread if you read the responses ...

There used to be a universal (all times and places) concept of "natural law." We must be making great progress to have evolved beyond that.

Slavery, just to name one thing off the top of my head, must be a natural law. There is nothing natural about natural law.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

Here's one for you Stayer - A Tweet from God. A very funny thread if you read the responses ...

There used to be a universal (all times and places) concept of "natural law." We must be making great progress to have evolved beyond that.

Slavery, just to name one thing off the top of my head, must be a natural law. There is nothing natural about natural law.

Slavery gets brought up a lot in natural law scholarship. An interesting one. But I don't want to derail the thread, and I doubt there'd be enough people here with an interest in the topic to start a new one. Just a comment about something someone posted, probably best left at that.

Maybe one relevant link to the thread - 2 of the only things all cultures seem to have agreed on are that lying and theft are wrong. Social media, fake news... a lot of both going on maybe more than ever these days!
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 7:44pm

A line from An Honourable Man, by Michael McManus: “The British attitude to Europe reminds me of my parents’ cat. It scratches the door, desperate to get out, and when you open the door it just sits there licking its balls.” Hard to find better description of our current cabinet.
@gweccles

👍
ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 10:37pm
Still a lot of slavery about particularly in Asia. But, as you said, that's another topic.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 5:46am
Rife in Australia ... just ask the Greens/ALP Collusion!
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 11:50pm
Here's the politician the world really doesn't need ....

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 11:16am
Another heat wave in England and a solution is offered to stop the population dropping like flies ...

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 1:54pm
paul bassett davies (@thewritertype) tweeted at 10:45 pm on Thu, Jun. 28, 2018:
The Queen is laying the groundwork for a major sickie to avoid meeting Trump. This is the subtle first stage, where you miss a day’s work. Then you return and heroically struggle on, plainly suffering. Finally everyone persuades you take some time off, exactly when you wanted to. https://t.co/tEq9lZCA1m
(https://twitter.com/thewritertype/status/1012316159310516224?s=03)
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 12:05am
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 12:16pm
Muff is a small village on the banks of the Foyle estuary in Donegal Ireland and yes it has a diving club..

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 1:00pm
Billy 🏴󐁧󐁢󐁥󐁮󐁧󐁿 (@Billy_WHUFC) tweeted at 10:39 pm on Thu, Jul. 05, 2018:
My mate has two tickets for the England vs Sweden game on Saturday. He didn't realise that it's going to be on the same day as his wedding, so he can't go. If you're interested and want to go instead of him, it's at St. Andrew's Church in Cambridge and her name is Sarah
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 4:00pm

Muff is a small village on the banks of the Foyle estuary in Donegal Ireland and yes it has a diving club..

There is a small village of about 3 houses and a celtic burial mound, in the Scottish Highlands, called Lost, and I have pics, ( that I cant post, ) to prove it, having ridden thru it when I was,  you guessed it,  "lost " .LOL
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 4:43pm
I'm guessing that's the only was anyone ever finds the joint in the first place AA.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 4:44pm
F-F-S auto correcton this machine is diabolical

I'm guessing that's the only WAY anyone ever finds the joint in the first place A
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 5:39pm
Slavery ????       When we have struggle street for people on minimum wages and Lawyers & their clients on $10,000 a day or minute.
Probably more slaves in the world today than ever.

I would go into Politics tomorrow if I could be sure of getting my hands on Sarah Hanson Young's seat....       
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 1:42pm
The Twittersphere is off tap with the Trump visit to the UK .... here's some of the comedians at bay 

My friend Paul just emailed to say his favourite placard in the London Trump protests was the one that said ALL IN ALL YOU'RE JUST ANOTHER PRICK WITH NO WALL.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 1:43pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 1:45pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 1:45pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 1:50pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 2:09pm
And the Queen training her new puppy to walk down a line of troops .....

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 2:33pm
Teresa May showing some leg ...

That's just a ploy to stop us looking at her head
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 2:39pm
LOL Max. I vote her dial just behind your favourite royal .... by a furlong. 
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 4:29pm
Trump will be loving all this attention from the UK! Big smile

They are certainly are proving themselves to be more intelligent and creative than the "OUTRAGED"!!! FCUK TRUMPER morons back home - not hard!LOL

... however, they clearly don't get it either!Wacko

Foreigners, who's economy, culture and political scene is in complete disarray, schite-bagging the Winning POTUS? 

... it just feeds to his base back home, PLUS serves to sway a few lost patriots here and there, who have been disgusted by the FBI traitor.

He can expect a little uplift in his approval ratings next week!Thumbs Up
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 6:00pm
All true but at least you can laugh at the English sense of humour - A facet sadly lacking in the rest of the worldwide Anti Trump campaign.

Here's some of the best material thanks to the Spitting Image crew at the BBC -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0b94wzc
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 6:01pm
Oops that's Dead Ringers .... not Spitting Image. Same dog different ... well, you'll see if you click the link.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Trump will be loving all this attention from the UK! Big smile

They are certainly are proving themselves to be more intelligent and creative than the "OUTRAGED"!!! FCUK TRUMPER morons back home - not hard!LOL

... however, they clearly don't get it either!Wacko

Foreigners, who's economy, culture and political scene is in complete disarray, schite-bagging the Winning POTUS? 

... it just feeds to his base back home, PLUS serves to sway a few lost patriots here and there, who have been disgusted by the FBI traitor.

He can expect a little uplift in his approval ratings next week!Thumbs Up

No kidding there's a bit of originality there - "Feed him to the corgis!"
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 9:36pm
English Humour > US Humor for as long as I can remember.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>