Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Crawford= Zab Judah or Sugar Ray

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 6:34pm
49.95 ...    've had an e mail from Foxtel ....   there is another Ozzie fighting for a world Title straight after, ( maybe another venue )   so maybe prices differ....

Re the trade out :   Horne is in a point already .... If I traded out now it would give about a 12% profit no matter who wins. Dream TRADING.
or 0 if Crawford wins, and up to 100% on original outlay on Horne if he wins , (to nothing.)
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

49.95 ...    've had an e mail from Foxtel ....   there is another Ozzie fighting for a world Title straight after, ( maybe another venue )   so maybe prices differ....

Re the trade out :   Horne is in a point already .... If I traded out now it would give about a 12% profit no matter who wins. Dream TRADING.
or 0 if Crawford wins, and up to 100% on original outlay on Horne if he wins , (to nothing.)

IGNORE those percentages ...   I didn't use a calculator.

ATM Horn came in about a point , now gone out a little 3/10 of a point.
So the "green out"     is about 9% no matter who wins.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 11:45am
HORN fails to make the weight...   He has 2 hours to lose .5 lb .

Not a good start.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 11:47am
Fat bastard
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 11:56am
Out to $5.25
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Out to $5.25

He made the weight at the 2nd attempt.
To the middleweights from now on , I suggest.

He is 5.5 on Betfair ...    My form guide says that's great value.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 12:41pm
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 12:59pm
Horn by split decision $26. TKO $17
ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 2:02pm
Reported that Horn laughed in the face of his opponent when asked "Are you ready?".

Pretty much what such a lame question deserved.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 2:18pm
Looks like a massacre to me. The best that Horn can hope for is that he's taken out quickly.

Mind you, I haven't tipped a winner here since 2007.LOL
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Looks like a massacre to me. The best that Horn can hope for is that he's taken out quickly.

Mind you, I haven't tipped a winner here since 2007.LOL

On what form would you make that statement Tlaz.

I've put up Crawford's last five opponents and they were very ordinary fighters.   He is in a heavier division of much better performed fighters .

Horn won't be an easy beat , and is $6
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 1:17pm

Off to the fight with a few mates. Horn onto UFC. Hope Young Jeffrey towels up that African Native American (is that the correct way to say it ?)

Refer ALP Election Promises
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Off to the fight with a few mates. Horn onto UFC. Hope Young Jeffrey towels up that African Native American (is that the correct way to say it ?)

I could help with a much more suitable description for our own backyard .
   Horn now into 4.7 ... He Will perform quite well.

Ive got it on now ,   into the final prelim I think . so   we will soon know what it's all about .
   Not a lot of interest on TBV for the Boxing ....   More into drivel that would empty the ocean.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 2:47pm
Now now Macca, I enjoy good boxing, so I will keeps tabs on the fight fwiw.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 2:48pm
I loved your updates last time macca Heart & would very much appreciate a repeat if you've time & can be bothered Big smile
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 3:17pm
Good thing Horn can absorb punishment, he is copping plenty early
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 3:38pm
HORN LOST ... stopped in 9th round
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 3:40pm
WINX v HARTNELL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 3:49pm
The positive out of it was that Horn was lucid and clear headed after the bout, so hopefully no lasting effects, but totally outclassed today.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 3:53pm

The positive out of it was that Horn was lucid and clear headed after the bout, so hopefully no lasting effects, but totally outclassed today.

Exactly PT ...    Full marks to the REFEREE    ,    He did us all a favour and Horn got out of it lightly as he was weaKening badly and in danger of serious injury .
      best and fairest goes to that REFEREE.

Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 4:01pm
Can’t agree mate. Watching the replay of when it was stopped, none of the punches landed. The knock down missed as well, it was a slip

In saying that Horne was outclassed but brave
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 4:02pm
Yes a very good stoppage maxie, Horn had lost all 8 rounds to a boxer superior in every department, even strength where Jeff was expected to be superior. It was just getting down to the punishment rounds and he wasn't going to win.

Best to take his US $1.25m and regroup for another day.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 4:16pm

Yes a very good stoppage maxie, Horn had lost all 8 rounds to a boxer superior in every department, even strength where Jeff was expected to be superior. It was just getting down to the punishment rounds and he wasn't going to win.

Best to take his US $1.25m and regroup for another day.

Many rounds close early , But obvious Crawford was the master as it progressed .
That's BS about the final punches not landing ,   I counted 10 ( not so damaging )that did and that is when fighters get hurt.        I had Horn going for plenty and won $4 with Crawford ( Trading ) .
Horne looked a beaten man after , Crawford looked like he had just had a bath.
The Referee deserves all the praise for stopping it.      
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 4:43pm
Looking at the boxing weight divisions just now- they look olde worlde to me- no account of people getting taller and heavier. You go over 90.72 kg and you take on all comers. Middleweight only 72.57.
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 4:50pm
Very classy fighter Crawford, he’ll be beating much better opponents than that. Where to from here for Horn? Doubt there’ll be any more interest from the States so a rematch with Pacquiao on the cards? Step up in weight and a carnival match with Mundine? Make some money while he can.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

Very classy fighter Crawford, he’ll be beating much better opponents than that. Where to from here for Horn? Doubt there’ll be any more interest from the States so a rematch with Pacquiao on the cards? Step up in weight and a carnival match with Mundine? Make some money while he can.

It's got to be The Man v The Horn. Plenty of Aussie schlubs gagging to pay for that fight of the century.Tongue
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 5:04pm
AnthonyMundine or Conor McGregor
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 6:04pm

AnthonyMundine or Conor McGregor

Contrary to my previous posts I now believe Crawford rates LB for LB best in the world .     He had that fight well in hand .
Horne says himself his Ring career will be short. Set his Family up Financially and OUT.
Terrific efforts from him to this point and now he can get good purses against Mundine & Co.
Having to make the welterweight sees him lacking endurance now.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 6:13pm
With Crawford there to stay and looking to unify by claiming the other two titles, it may not be easy for Horn to get accommodated at a level where he can get a reasonable purse at 147. Arum wont give him a rematch with Crawford, so he has to choose whether to take the money and join the circus or go to 154 and drop down the pay scale to work his way up again. At 30, while not that old he will find it tougher against the light middles and the money/circus option may be best
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 7:01pm

With Crawford there to stay and looking to unify by claiming the other two titles, it may not be easy for Horn to get accommodated at a level where he can get a reasonable purse at 147. Arum wont give him a rematch with Crawford, so he has to choose whether to take the money and join the circus or go to 154 and drop down the pay scale to work his way up again. At 30, while not that old he will find it tougher against the light middles and the money/circus option may be best

Surely they realise he is no Ali.      He has always been prone to facial cuts and was never going to get the massive purses.     He has quite a few
to consider in the Jnr Middleweights amd an easy million or 2 if he plays along with Mundine.
   No surprise if he finds a spot in the Qld Origin team after their performance last Wednesday.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>