Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Crawford= Zab Judah or Sugar Ray

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crawford= Zab Judah or Sugar Ray
    Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 8:50pm
Terrence Crawford
Will he live up to the hype that he’s as good As Sugar Ray Leonard or will he be exposed by an Aussie just like Zab Judah was?

Sugar Ray, the greatest in my mind
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

Terrence Crawford
Will he live up to the hype that he’s as good As Sugar Ray Leonard or will he be exposed by an Aussie just like Zab Judah was?

Sugar Ray, the greatest in my mind

Besides his promoter, who compares Crawford to Sugar Ray?
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 9:14pm
Mayweather has been in raptures about him as well
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 11:12pm

Mayweather has been in raptures about him as well

He had more than 20 bouts before anyone heard of him .
Horn is the best he has met and has the size to put up a better show than the betting suggests.
   They have stuffed around for over a month.    
i hope the Local lad from Qld, can do it again.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 11:49pm
Before anyone takes silly prices ....    REMEMBER Crawford hasn't been meeting top class opposition.
   His last fight he won the World super Lightweight from a very ordinary fighter ( Julius Indongo )who allowed Crawford to counter punch for 3 rounds and was KO'd in the 3rd round in a pathetic display.

Indingo has fought once since and was KO'd in 2 rounds by Regis Prograis , who is scheduled to fight for the vacant Super Lightweight title in July . . Another pathetic display..
   HORN is super value at over $6 on Betfair.

BTW .    Horn or Crawford are NO Sugar Ray's.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 12:04am
Exactly right Macca , both not in the same league as Suger Ray, and as for Zan Judah who could ever forget the right hand Kostya landed on his beak that day and left him spinning around the ring like a drunk imitating a whirling dervish, took a week to stop laughing, Judah bit of a show pony.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 12:18am
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Exactly right Macca , both not in the same league as Suger Ray, and as for Zan Judah who could ever forget the right hand Kostya landed on his beak that day and left him spinning around the ring like a drunk imitating a whirling dervish, took a week to stop laughing, Judah bit of a show pony.

The form guide also shows that Crawfords previous fight to Indongo against Felix Diaz, didn't stand up well either as Diaz lost his next bout in April 2018 .
   Crawford is Hyped unjustifiably and is known for fighting 2nd raters throughout his career.
He may well win,   but he is terrible unders in betting.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 12:24am
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

That should read Zab Judah. my bad.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 12:27am
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 12:56am
Thanks PT, brilliant.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 12:58am
Poor old Zab was carrying on like a BLM protester after the bout! Wacko

I feel for him, technically you can only be KO'ed if you have a brain to concuss ...
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 1:03am
Good one PT.

BTW.   Crawfords last 5 opponents =   Indongo .. KO's in 2 at his next fight.        > Diaz Beaten next bout .       > Victor Postal , done nil since , is fighting in Glasgow.        > Henry lundig , hasn't fought since Crawford but lost his 2 bouts prior to meeting Crawford ..      > Dierry Jean , Fought a draw after his Crawford bout.

Anyone heard of any of them ....

JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 9:53am
Whatever happened to Kostya “I hev power in each hand vich can knock out elephant” Tszyu. I heard he moved back to Russia, anyone know?

Crawford may be no Sugar Ray, but Horne ain’t no Kostya Tszyu.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 10:20am
He is living in Moscow, while his family live in Sydney. Friends of Vlad get looked after.

His son Tim, a light middleweight has had 9 pro fights for 9 wins and recently challenged Anthony Mundine
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 10:28am
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

Whatever happened to Kostya “I hev power in each hand vich can knock out elephant” Tszyu. I heard he moved back to Russia, anyone know?

Crawford may be no Sugar Ray, but Horne ain’t no Kostya Tszyu.

I'm talking value in betting ...    Horn has beaten better fighters than Crawford has met and the higher weight scale may find out how good Crawford copes with some real opposition.
By the way . Horn is undefeated and unlike Kosta Tszyu , hasn't been Knocked out or beaten either.

NO Manny Paccio's in Crawfords record.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 10:50am
Not interested in odds. I can’t imagine what sort I’d delirium I’d have to be suffering to actually bet on boxing.

Manny was a decade past his best when he met Horne. I’ll be barracking for the Aussie boy, but this looks a mismatch to me.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 12:52pm

Not interested in odds. I can’t imagine what sort I’d delirium I’d have to be suffering to actually bet on boxing.

Manny was a decade past his best when he met Horne. I’ll be barracking for the Aussie boy, but this looks a mismatch to me.
I see - not interested in odds - & yet you spend half your life betting into 20 horse race fields. Yeah ok Judge that makes perfect sense. 🤔
Refer ALP Election Promises
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 1:00pm
Judge .... Your a Master of Contradiction.
Manny was past his best when he won back the World Title in the fight , not long before meeting Horn.

PRICES ...   Very important in any Gamble ... How much a year does your Gambling Interests cost you?.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 1:01pm
Actually I don’t bet that much these days. Carnival times, maybe one or two bets a week. As dodgy as horse racing can be, it’s a paragon of integrity compared to the boxing caper.

Keep swinging oneone, you’ll land one eventually
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 1:04pm
Yes macca, miles past his best by then.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 1:07pm
Yes Macca - Hd / Hd sports betting currently trades at less than 10% yield ( much less if you throw in promotional kick backs). Judge gets better value betting into race markets that typically give 14 to 15% yield. Delirium - you bet !
Refer ALP Election Promises
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 1:13pm
Doesn’t interest me oneone, simple as that. Don’t bet on footy or cricket either. Not really interested.

Add to boxing dodgy promoters, corrupt judges- I’ll leave you blokes to it.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 2:00pm

Doesn’t interest me oneone, simple as that. Don’t bet on footy or cricket either. Not really interested.

Add to boxing dodgy promoters, corrupt judges- I’ll leave you blokes to it.

C'mon Judge , These "bounce of the balls" even themselves out over time.

Get yourself interested in the pricing side of any gamble .
( read the Stradbroke thread ) and have a talk to E & E ( who I believe may be very good at Sports betting & obliging ) " if you don't upset him ".
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 2:05pm
“Bounce of the balls”

Actually you could argue Horn is unders. If this thing goes to a decision, he’s got no chance... probably.

Nah, I love watching good fighters but in a game that devoid of integrity they can go around without my money.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 3:03pm

“Bounce of the balls”

Actually you could argue Horn is unders. If this thing goes to a decision, he’s got no chance... probably.

Nah, I love watching good fighters but in a game that devoid of integrity they can go around without my money.

I gave you the form guide on it ....    Doesn't read like Crawford has been playing "Origin".      Horne is a BIG Welterweight. AND I'm on at $6.4 = VALUE

I agree Tennis, isn't the only sport that has a racket in it.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 3:25pm
Agree with the comments about Crawford’s opposition

Over hyped, I agree
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 3:59pm

Agree with the comments about Crawford’s opposition

Over hyped, I agree

That's a first..   Shrunk ITW , You have the honour of being the first to agree with me in about 10 years.

Given his past opponents , He will find Horn a tougher nut to crack.
ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 5:10pm
I can’t imagine what sort I’d delirium I’d have to be suffering
You're delirious already judging by the standard of that comment.

6.4 is about right Max given the venue. I guess you'd be looking to trade out early before it gets anywhere near the judges for a result.

Kostya wasn't exactly in sparkling form before that clown took a tumble. He's the clown now in Putin's circus of stars.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 5:20pm
How much does it cost to get this fight on at home ? 
reductio ad absurdum
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 5:30pm
$54.95
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>