Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

2018 W.S Cox Plate 2040m

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2018 W.S Cox Plate 2040m
    Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 6:52pm

The TAB Stakes

Prize: $300,000 1st: $180,000 2nd: $54,000 3rd: $27,000

1200m

Class: GROUP 2, Handicap, Maidens Ineligible

13:00

An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by Prince of Penzance Prince of Penzance wrote:

Just ignore the trolls Jamal
Don’t let them win

It's hard...I am trying....just over the comments
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Originally posted by Jamal Jamal wrote:

Thanks for the kind words. I will nake my final decision in terms of if I leave the forum or not. I will make my decision by close of business Monday 28th of October.

Cheers.

Monday is the 29th October 2018....
If you leave you won't be able to comment on Winx's 5th Cox Plate win.

I meant Monday 29th
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 9:32pm

Thanks for the kind words. I will nake my final decision in terms of if I leave the forum or not. I will make my decision by close of business Monday 28th of October.

Cheers.

Monday is the 29th October 2018....
If you leave you won't be able to comment on Winx's 5th Cox Plate win.
Prince of Penzance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 9:32pm
Just ignore the trolls Jamal
Don’t let them win
Prince of Penzance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by jacko1 jacko1 wrote:

Is the plan still to run the Cox Plate under lights at some point?

Yes. When they rebuild the track.
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by Nobody Nobody wrote:

Originally posted by Softy Softy wrote:

Originally posted by furious furious wrote:

Don't know how they can.  He's not getting any younger and he seem out of breath for alot of that song.

I'm sure they will find a nebulizer for him to prolong his career in Vic somewhere Furious.
Smile

I'm sure they can also find other singers to sing their 'anthem' should Braithwaite be out of sorts. 
ze
No doubt they can.
But those nebulizers work quite well.
Apparently.
Smile
Nobody View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nobody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 9:23pm

Don't know how they can.  He's not getting any younger and he seem out of breath for alot of that song.

I'm sure they will find a nebulizer for him to prolong his career in Vic somewhere Furious.
Smile

I'm sure they can also find other singers to sing their 'anthem' should Braithwaite be out of sorts. 
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 9:12pm

I think he is having a go at Jamal which is quite sad IMO.
Jamal seems as proud of WA horses as I am of Tassie ones, asks quite a lot of questions and is never derogatory to others.
That trait should stay in the Sports Bar.
I quite enjoy Jamal’s contributions.
😀

I am always a bit slow to pick up when others are taking pot shots.
Dont leave Jamal.  Dont give them the satisfaction of leaving.  Stay and keep up your good work.
You have interesting news flashes about WA racing. 
Nothing wrong with being proud of your state. 
animals before people.
jacko1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacko1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by Heavy10 Heavy10 wrote:

I thought they did few years ago? Or twilight anyway

2011 I am pretty sure was run at 5.30pm in fading light and they turned the lights on. I thought more recently (a few years ago) they were talking about having a night Cox Plate in the near future. 
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 8:43pm

I thought they did few years ago? Or twilight anyway
jacko1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacko1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 8:40pm
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 8:15pm

Smile
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 8:07pm
Nobody View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nobody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 7:41pm
The atmosphere in the last 30 to 40 minutes of every Cox Plate is electric. MVRC have been doing Braithwaites 'Horses' to get the crowd into a frenzy for a few years now. Love it. No other place in the world like it.Clap

I hope they continue to do it for years to come as a signature sign.
Ted View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 7:04pm
I’m sure you’ll stay Jamal, and you should, but just to be clear, is that close of business Australian Eastern Standard Time or WA time?
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 6:19pm

Cheers.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

I enjoy your posts too Jamal, and you never have a go at anyone or bignote yourself.

And I endorse that post fwiw Jamal, your enquiring mind is refreshing , stay as you are and keep posting your thoughts , I kinda like em .
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 3:33pm
I enjoy your posts too Jamal, and you never have a go at anyone or bignote yourself.
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 2:54pm

Jamal seems as proud of WA horses as I am of Tassie ones, asks quite a lot of questions and is never derogatory to others.
😀

I have thought about leaving this forum...clearly the smartarse directed are stupid but it annoys me. Qyite cmearl i know nothing about racing in the eys of some people on this forum

Yes certainly don't leave Jamal, we all have differing opinions on horses, part of what makes it such a robust industry.
What do you think of this one - Phar Lap, Winx and Rogan Josh aren't bad, but none compare to Malua.
Wink
Nothing like a bit of personal bias.
Tongue
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 12:58pm

😀

I have thought about leaving this forum...clearly the smartarse directed are stupid but it annoys me. Qyite cmearl i know nothing about racing in the eys of some people on this forum
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 12:41pm
From Racing.com

Saeed bin Suroor has hailed Winx as a 'superstar' after watching the wonder mare hand his horse Benbatl a sound defeat in Saturday's history-making Ladbrokes Cox Plate (2040m).
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 12:41pm
Sorry my reply was to AA
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 12:40pm
😀
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by kavg kavg wrote:

Rogan Josh was better than Winx.

At 3200m - yes. At 2000m - no
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 12:31pm

😀

Don't ever leave Jamal.
We all have time to waste , whatever the reason.
Just try to be more stupid than the last person .   It is easy and rewarding.
     How else would you get to meet Whale , Me and PT.   Eventually
Wortel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wortel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 12:16pm
Amazing.

The Black Caviar of the middle distance races.

A true champion.

That fact that she has come from behind any field thrown at her and rounded them up with ease for years on end is a true marvel.

The only knock is the quality of opposition but who cares when she has dominated everything for 4 years. The only ride that Bowman couldn't slaughter LOL
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 12:01pm
LOL  Dunno what you are on, but I wouldnt mind trying it .Wink
animals before people.
kavg View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kavg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 11:13am
Rogan Josh was better than Winx.
Prejudice is an emotional attachment to ignorance.
DiEM25 for the world.
Formerly Kincsem View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Formerly Kincsem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 10:59am
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Originally posted by Formerly Kincsem Formerly Kincsem wrote:

Originally posted by Redemption Redemption wrote:

I think we all know that Winx is suited to slow, heavy going, thicker grass, etc.
Her cadence, she skips through it.

If we break it down to science, for what she truly is, she would have won in Europe by massive margins.
No horse in the world could ever match her lungs and cadence in thicker heavier going.

The short fast strides she takes, with an increasing cadence, its suited to heavier tracks, no different to a human, you take shorter faster strides in the wet, not longer strides.

If she ran on a heavy track for the Melbourne Cup, even with 59kg or more on her back, its mindboggling how far she could have won by.

Equally as mindboggling, is she could beat top sprinters at 1200m if she was asked to.

One in a billion.

Amen. One of the few Aus horses that seams to want those conditions. I truly believe she would be rated 3-5lbs higher if given more suitable races. Take Cracksman anywhere else in the World and he is a G2 horse. They dodged UK firm-good which is a soft anywhere else. Enable would win the BMW here once a year and be spelled for the rest of the year. Winx runs all distances, all going, all tracks and without a pacemaker. Conservatively she would be in the top 10 horses anywhere anytime.

Think you are being harsh on Enable. She was not saved for the Arc she was ill for the first half of the year.

I am being harsh, but 2000m seems to be short for her over there, which means she would not be suited over 2000m here. She like Cracksman are dominant in the UK because that’s where conditions are optimal. If the Breeders Cup is dry, let’s see what she rates there.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>