Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Breeding Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Champagne Cuddles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Champagne Cuddles
    Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 8:09pm
Pre-post favorite for the Stradbroke.

Most interesting pedigree, with siblings Singles Bar and Snippets 2 x 2 which is generally a bit close for some of us.  And look further and she boasts the Blue Hen "Best in Show" top and bottom via Sex Appeal and Show Lady.

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 8:28pm
Great spot & I love Grey Sovereign so to have 3 instances of him within 7gens is an added bonus. Gee she has a lot of Nasrullah, 8 in 7!
Sorry I can't get these bigger Cry

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Bluey View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 11:59pm
Miracles of Life  Group 1 winner also has Inbreeding:
=Easy Date (AUS): 3S X 4D
/
Derryn  Group 2 winner also has
Inbreeding:
= Easy Date (AUS): 4S X 4D
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 10:18am
But the dam that she is inbreed to is on the 3rd line (which is close for my liking but I've picked a few in my day with that female cross).  Much better than 2nd line.  Didn't pick this one though I hope she runs well she's tiny but all heart.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 10:20am
If you click on it you can get it to open in a new page and zoom in to get it bigger.  Well that's what happened when I tried.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 10:31am
Brilliant furious Clap  At long last, thanks, I'll state that in any further posts Big smile
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Breeder View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 1:15pm
Grangewilliam Stud in NZ will be standing Derryn as from this season. When looking at his pedigree the first thing I took note of (other than the duplication of Easy Date) was Lonhro as the damsire. I am a fan of Lonhro and I also think not enough notice is taken of the damsire, in stallions.
In Lonhro we find Eight Carat and reading Clive Harper's book about great broodmares he said Eight Carat thrived on further lines of her damline --the No9 line going back to Mumtaz Mahal. So Royal Charger, Nasrullah etc.
Easy Date brings in these lines through Nasrullah and Mahmoud, quite close up. So I think it will be interesting to see what happens if he is mated to an extra line of Eight Carat. I'm not sure if that means it would favour a filly foal or not.
 Post Reply Post Reply