Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Stallions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Stallion - Crowded House 2006

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colin1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stallion - Crowded House 2006
    Posted: 29 May 2018 at 7:35pm
Hi Guys,

I need a bit of your help in finding out information on a stallion called Crowded House. He won the Racing Post Trophy at Doncaster in 2008 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DXf6W0hAkI

From what I can find out he has only sired 23 foals and had 3 runners here in Australia but don't know if he started his stud career in the UK

Last known location was Wattle Grove Thoroughbreds.

Any help with info greatly appreciated

Thanks

Colin

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 7:52pm
Crowded House (GB) 2006
while in Australia this horse is deemed to be born in 2005 season
 Life Number: GB45065735chestnut stallionDate of Birth: 22/03/2006 
 Microchip Number: 985101045065735DNA Typed: Y 
 by Rainbow Quest (USA) 1981Stallion return not yet received for 2018 season 
 from Wiener Wald (USA) 1992 
 bred by Car Colston Hall Stud 

Stallion Fertility Statistics
SeasonMares
Covered
Mares
Returned
MissedSlippedDead
Foals
Live
Foals
Fertility
Percent
Service
Fee
20171800000(0)0.0%FOA
2016292310022(0)95.7%$11000
2015252423217(0)91.7%$11000
2014252533118(0)88.0%$11000
2013161601114(0)100.0%$11000
Total1138867471(0)
reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 7:56pm
Can not find any updates.
reductio ad absurdum
Bushy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bushy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 11:03pm
was a superstar race horse with the biggest TOF you will ever see
robbo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2018 at 12:24pm
I went and saw Crowded House in 2014 as a potential stallion choice. He was owned by the same connections as Helenus, who also stood at Wattle Grove. As far as I am aware, he never stood in the UK. Technology skills permitting, I'll try to upload some photos.
robbo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2018 at 12:26pm

robbo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2018 at 12:27pm
robbo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2018 at 12:27pm
Mumtaz View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mumtaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2018 at 1:22pm
Those are some seriously nice photos: I wish mine were as good.  He was also a lovely horse at that point.  Let's hope he is still being well taken care of.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2018 at 2:23pm
Lovely photos. Clap What a hamdsome horse  he is.   Where is he now ???
animals before people.
robbo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2018 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by Mumtaz Mumtaz wrote:

Those are some seriously nice photos: I wish mine were as good.  He was also a lovely horse at that point.  Let's hope he is still being well taken care of.

According to stallions.com.au, he is still at Wattle Grove.

http://www.stallions.com.au/horses/summary.php?arion_id=IjEwMzI4ODg3OCI=
Glencoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glencoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 2:00am
I have a feeling Crowded House covered 18 mares at his owners ( Wyadup Stud in W.A.) new Victorian property on the outskirts of Lancefield Vic.  just up the road due north from Romsey
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 12:22pm
If he doesnt make it as a race horse stallion, one would think the hackies and show ladies would be beating a path to his door , just on looks.   Wonder what his temperament is like ?  Anyone ?
animals before people.
Campaspe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Campaspe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 12:34pm
From TBV, July 3 2017:

Western Australian Trevor Delroy, best known in Victoria for the feats of his Group 1 winners such as Gondokoro, Ethiopia and Cedarberg, has set up shop at Lancefield in the Macedon Ranges.

And with the breeding property now well developed over the past couple of years, Delroy is bringing in flashy UK Group 1 winner Crowded House (GB) to stand as a stallion.

Delroy’s major investment in the Victorian breeding sector will offer Victorian breeders an international sire line that has proven to be incredibly influential around the word.

Trevor & Terrie Delroy with trainer Pat Carey after Ethiopia’s Group 1 ATC Derby win

As a two-year-old Crowded House started his career in grand style for trainer Brian Meehan impressively winning the coveted stallion-making Group 1 Racing Post Trophy at Doncaster.

As jockey Jamie Spencer said “He smashed them…rarely do you ride a horse with the explosive turn of foot that Crowded House gave me in winning.”

“For future middle distance horses, it’s probably the best race to win as a two-year-old in the UK, and that’s how I got interested in him, after seeing him win with his incredible turn of foot,” Delroy said.

“You don’t see that very often, and that’s a very worthwhile characteristic to pursue in a stallion if you are trying to breed top quality middle distance horses.”

The Racing Post Trophy has been a great stallion maker with Vaguely Noble, Green Dancer and High Chaparral, to name just three of the outstanding stallions to have won the race.

In the 2008 European Thoroughbred Rankings, Crowded House was rated the highest British-trained juvenile when given a rating of 120.

Crowded House will stand at Wyadup Valley Farm Lancefield this year

The stallion continued to race in top-class company as a three and four-year-old, but a sesamoid injury suffered in the Racing Post Trophy hampered his brilliance for the rest of his career.

“The point of the matter is, if he hadn’t had the setback and had gone on to win or place in the Derby or the 2000 Guineas we would have never got him,” Delroy said.

In a campaign in Dubai, he ran gallant seconds in a pair of Group races, before heading to the US, only beaten by a nose in the Group 1 Pacific Stakes at Del Mar.

Crowded House looks to have the potential to be the best son of Rainbow Quest who sired Australian based stallion Quest For Fame and is an elite broodmare sire with winners approaching $300 million in earnings.

He was foaled in 2006 from Weiner Wald, a daughter of Woodman (Mr Prospector), from the immediate blue-blooded family of Chapel Of Dreams, whose dam is Terlingua, a half-sister to Group 1 sprinter-miler and Champion sire Royal Academy and also the dam of multiple champion US sire Storm Cat.

His immediate family also contains unbeaten juvenile and multiple Group 1 winner Reckless Abandon, the Joint Champion 2YO Colt in France in 2012 and Champion 3YO Sprinter in Europe & GB in 2013.

Delroy purchased Crowded House, while still in training, to bring out to Australia to stand with his other stallion, Helenus, at Ian MacPherson’s Wattle Grove Stud in NSW. With Helenus having passed on in 2013 and the new property set up at Lancefield, Crowded House has been switched down south.

At stud, the powerful chestnut has served limited books, being well supported by Delroy’s own well-bred mares.

“We will know more in the next twelve months just how good he is, but they are athletic horses with wonderful temperaments and I will be pretty surprised (and disappointed) if he doesn’t throw good horses. He is in Victoria now to stay.”

Crowded House will stand at the Lancefield property this season for $11,000 Inc. GST.

Please contact Ian MacPherson on 0404 839 453 or Trevor Delroy on 0439 403 758 for more information.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 1:48pm
Thanks Campaspe .
animals before people.
Campaspe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Campaspe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 1:04pm
Really nice debut winner at Bendigo today, Alexandria, a 3yo filly by Crowded House.  First up over 1600m, still looked pretty green in her action and didn't appreciate the slow pace early but showed really good turn of foot.  One to keep an eye on.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 2:36pm
At 1st glance, Crimson Saint on his bottom line is a standout for e.g. Bel Esprit/Royal Academy/Fastnet Rock lines Big smile

Click to enlarge

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 7:23pm
Can't quite read the pedigree Gay.

But believe me the filly was ultra-impressive in winning on debut over 1600m, and in so doing costing us the early quad.Cry
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 8:01pm
Click the image which enlarges to another page then at the top, hit Zoom - clear as day Big smile unless phones/pads are different.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
 Post Reply Post Reply