Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Photo of the day, Or maybe many

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 27>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 10:43am
Spot on Dizzy Big smile
ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 10:51am
Now who's in this mugshot?

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 10:53am
And his opposition so to speak ...

Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 9:27pm
Mug shot is Stalin. I cheated on the bottom one. Never would have got near the person!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 2:42pm
Who's that girl?

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 2:45pm
And another of the spectacular bridges in Vietnam ...

Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by ThreeBears ThreeBears wrote:

Who's that girl?

You know what she looks like to me, with her good bag and her cheap shoes? She looks like a rube. A well scrubbed, hustling rube with a little taste. Good nutrition's given her some length of bone, but she's not more than one generation from poor white trash...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 5:54pm
LOL. Dad came from a line of millionaires. Mum on the other hand .....
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 11:24pm
Father George 1958

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2018 at 8:06am
A winner of 2 Academy Awards
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2018 at 9:42am
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 12:37am
Awesome !  Where is that  ? 
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 5:54pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 5:55pm
Alaskan Malamute and Orlovsky Trotter.
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 8:01pm
The girl above. Jodie Foster.
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 8:02pm
And I had a malamute. He was just wonderful. Wouldn't have minded a Orlovsky trotter....
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Awesome !  Where is that  ? 

Sorry AA, I missed your post It was a dust storm in Phoenix Arizona last week.

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 8:20pm
Yet at Xmas time the very same area would have a decent covering of snow.  Confused
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 1:26pm
The most snow Phoenix has ever seen was 1 inch on Jan. 20, 1933, and then again in January of 1937.

In 1937, about an inch fell in areas of downtown Phoenix and several inches fell in areas that were then undeveloped areas of the Valley.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 1:33pm
Newborn stingrays ...

Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by Dizzy Dizzy wrote:

Dizzy,

Just in case you think I am some sort of psychopath for my comments regarding wee Jodie Foster, those comments were a play on some lines from Silence of the Lambs spoken by Hannibal Lecter to Clarice Starling (played by Jodie Foster) at their first meeting.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 2:01pm
Look at the faces on those sting rays !  Just amazing Clap
animals before people.
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by Tontonan Tontonan wrote:

Originally posted by Dizzy Dizzy wrote:

Dizzy,

Just in case you think I am some sort of psychopath for my comments regarding wee Jodie Foster, those comments were a play on some lines from Silence of the Lambs spoken by Hannibal Lecter to Clarice Starling (played by Jodie Foster) at their first meeting.

I realised that after I posted the answer.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 4:35pm
Your response was very funny and cunningly on the money Tonto. I was prepared to wait for the direct answer though. Clap

Too true regarding the faces AA. Not a long stretch to land based animals. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 5:40pm
Most amazing critters !  So human like.  Have they even got funny little back legs ???   Its hard to see them as sea critters.  Never realised they were like that . 
animals before people.
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 8:17pm
No worries, I just realized that anyone unfamiliar with the movie could have taken it the wrong way. 

I am a bit of a fan of Jodie's. We are much the same age.  I can remember when she was in the Partridge Family !

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 12:11am
Now that I don't remember. I did watch plenty of episodes, some more than once.  I got 5/5 on a TV quiz on the subject tonight. Would have failed on any question regarding a Jodie Foster appearance. 
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 6:53pm
According to a couple of sources she only appeared in one Partridge Family episode, 'The 11 Year Itch' in 1973, prior to her appearance in Taxi Driver in 1974, but I would have bet my boots she was in a recurring role. 

She was also in a recurring role in The Courtship of Eddie's Father which I also watched as a kid so maybe that is where I am getting confused.  

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by ThreeBears ThreeBears wrote:

I like this one. 
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 2:29am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 27>