Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Photo of the day, Or maybe many

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 27>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 2:10am
Not The Minstrel
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 2:22am
Awright Awright lol, Vinny at Ballydoyle with his string of jumpers.
ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 2:32am
I'm not sure the poster even knows what that pony out front is called. LOL

Phone a friend ... anyone got Sue Magnier's number?
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 4:10am
My guess, from looking at photos in his biography would be Royal Tan one of his Grand National winners.
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 5:41pm
Correct
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 6:24pm
Yep, just had a look at his book, and thats Royal Tan for sure. 
Golden Fleece was the name I couldnt recall.  Embarrassed
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 12:36pm
Come on Djebel,,we need another photo, and I cant get them up here, so its up to you.
animals before people.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 12:50pm
reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 12:57pm
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 1:54pm
Well I know the bottom pic is Chantilly.  Cant idetify the horses tho.
The other pic I hesitate to hazard a guess Big smile
animals before people.
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 2:07pm
Is the first one Australia’s navy?
AndiCap View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndiCap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 3:29pm
Wiener length comparison- wrong forum no doubt.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 7:04pm
C Demuro on Mission Impassible winning the Prix De Sandringham.

NEXT ( the race was yesterday my memory isn't that good LOL )
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 7:07pm
Some may recall her mum Margot Did a good sprinter in England a few years back. I saw Hayley Turner win a Gr1 on her at York.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by ThreeBears ThreeBears wrote:

C Demuro on Mission Impassible winning the Prix De Sandringham.

NEXT ( the race was yesterday my memory isn't that good LOL )

Golly, did you actually watch that race 3Bs ?? 
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 12:05am
It helps AA Big smile
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 1:22pm
Crikey !  How do you get time to watch all those races  ??  
I notice the previous pic isnt getting many comments ??   Is it either a willy warmer or a finger stall for ball tampering ??? 
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 1:28pm
I thought it was a cheese baguette.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 1:33pm

Subway customer whips out ruler and finds ‘6-inch sub’ is actually just 4 and a half inches

Gutted Karly Coulton ordered the sandwich for lunch but after opening it thought it looked a lot smaller than expected

A Subway diner was shocked when she measured her 'six inch' sub - and it measured just 4 and a half.

Gutted Karly Coulton ordered the sandwich for lunch but after opening it thought it looked a lot smaller than expected.

She then decided to whip out a ruler to measure the sub and found her suspicions were correct.

The sub, which she paid £3.80 for, turned out to be only four-and-a-half inches long - 1.5 inches smaller than advertised.

Karly, 33, said: "I popped out of work to grab a quick bite to eat and Subway was one of the nearest places to go.

"I chose a six-inch inch baguette but thought it looked extremely small, especially for the money.

"Naturally, once I was back in the office my colleagues and I decided to measure it up for size with a ruler, and as suspected, it was not six inches at all!

"I was duped out of an inch and a half. If I go back again I'll be taking my trusty ruler."

Karly. who is a broadcast journalist for Heart FM, says she bought her sandwich from the Honiton Road branch in Exeter, Devon, on Wednesday and then joked about its size on social media.

She jokingly tweeted: "Just got back to the office with my £3.80 "6 inch" @SUBWAY (where I've never bought from before) and just bloody look.

"As I thought, not 6 inches at all! I knew I knew my inches. Rippedoff Exeter"

A Subway spokesman said: "The goal of our Sandwich Artists is to always make a great sandwich for their customers.

"Bread that is baked fresh each day in the store can cause some variation, but in this case we acknowledge that the bread does not meet our standards for producing a Sub of consistent length.

"We apologise to the customer and request that she revisits her local store where the franchisee would be happy to refund and replace the Sub."

Karly Coulton ended up with a 25% reduction in her sandwich length
reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 1:35pm
A Subway spokesman said: "The goal of our Sandwich Artists is to always make a great sandwich for their customers.
reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 9:35pm
Italia Ricci in Into the Woods (2014)
reductio ad absurdum
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 9:55pm
Beautiful brown eyes, I'll never love blue eyes again,only for the oldies.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 11:50pm
Probably not the first tie she was told six I inches and got a lot less. Hence she had the ruler handy. LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 11:56pm
Agree Cari. Give me a nice Italian ( even if born in Canada ) girl any day.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 12:34am
Ya know thats why females are a bad judge of distance , dont ya  ??   All their lives blokes have been telling them that this   _    equals 6 inches .  Cry
animals before people.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 3:18pm
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 3:59pm
Thats a great photo.  Love elephants.  I got some really good ones  in Chobe.  So close I could have reached out and touched them.  Then in Etosha one stuck his trunk in the open window of the truck. Caused a bit of excitement Big smile
animals before people.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 7:24pm
reductio ad absurdum
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 7:31pm
Got to be the egnigma, or the sausage or the riddle, Spieth.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 7:35pm
I believe he is a Blue Diamond winner ? Big smile
reductio ad absurdum
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 27>