Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

WORLD CUP 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 14>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AndiCap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 2:56pm
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 5:53pm
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by AndiCap AndiCap wrote:

LOL
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

Originally posted by MJB MJB wrote:

For those with access to UBET retail outlets they have a nice inflated odds promo this afternoon at 4pm.

Australia to score against France @$4
Normal price is around $2. Didn’t catch all the details but would assume $25 max bet. They mentioned using Tappy (use your mobile device to generate a betting slip with bar code which you scan) but not sure if you can also place it as normal on the self serve terminals. In any event, get as much on as you possibly can and then back Australia NOT to score with other books. Currently around $1.70 so a decent profit to be had here.

These self serve terminals you speak of, are they in the same mould as the easy bet terminals (ebt's) in VIC/NSW?

I haven't been up to Queensland for a while but l'm pretty sure the last time l was up there they didn't have the same betting machines as VIC/NSW. They seemed to be a bit backwards up there. But these new UBET outlets sound promising.

If they've upgraded to the ebt's l'm accustomed to, you can make quite a bit of money on the above arbitrage. They might say max bet is $25 but on those ebt machines you can pump out as many tickets as you like.

Yes they are a similar set up. Very easy to use. Designed similar to their app. They are relatively recent up here. Have been rolled out across their retail network over the last perhaps 18 months or so.

Yes you can pump out multiple tickets very quickly on these machines. They do take some countermeasures for example if a venue sees an unusually large volume of promo bets compared to their normal number of customers they have the ability to shut down the promo at a venue level. I experienced this when they gave $2 for Winx to win the Cox Plate last year the day before the race. The countermeasures are largely ineffective though as there are ways around them. I have always got on what I wanted to without any/many issues.

This particular promo is worth approx $16 per $25 you get down.

Ta for that info. Let us know how you get on later today. I might have to start making trips up north.

So with these betting machines, do you insert money (notes) into them? And do they give you your bet in a form of a little bet ticket with a barcode? And if that's the case, do they disburse vouchers? (when there's any remaining credit in the machine.)

No worries. Will advise later. I was in an agency an hour ago and it is definitely only using Tappy. I have a couple of ideas to try if I can’t get on more than one ticket but will see what happens.

They take cash or credit vouchers (scan the barcode with those).
Bets are issued on tickets with a bar code.
Yes they give a credit voucher with a bar code for any remaining credit. Just go scan it at the main windows to get the cash.

These promos are available in SA & NT as well FWIW.

Their systems can detect when a particular device has used the offer so only 1 ticket on today. VPN doesn’t help (maybe a better one might fool the app?), either does deleting the app or changing Apple ID. Will have to use multiple devices for the next offer prior to Australia’s 2nd match.

Have found a way around this problem will share via PM if anyone is interested. Currently have $175 down @$4 with more to come later on. Total profit $120. Easy.

UBET have the same promo for tomorrow nights game on currently. Only difference is $3 to score a goal this time. Worth approx $15 per $25 bet you get down when you back them NOT to score with Neds @$2.10

Hey E&E,

Are these promo bets accessible on the UBET website? Or will l only find them in retail outlets?

Free money is the best kind of money! I might have to move up north if they're going to continuously give out these freebies.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 10:05pm

Hey E&E,

Are these promo bets accessible on the UBET website? Or will l only find them in retail outlets?

Free money is the best kind of money! I might have to move up north if they're going to continuously give out these freebies.

Most are available website and app only. IE you need to be logged in to your account which means no way to get more than one bet one unless you have multiple accounts (which I do).

Occasionally they have one for retail customers only and these are the ones you can jump on the self serve machines and get one for more. They will still shut them down if you pound it too much but if you find the right agency.

This current World Cup one is a kind of mix of the two. You need the app but the bet gets placed in a retail venue. The only way to get more on that I have found so far is with multiple devices. I never thought I’d have use for that 5 year old iPhone sitting in the bottom of my drawer.
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 12:40am
Not a real fan but enjoying the game tonight.
Go Socceroos.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 1:44am
This f#$king coach needs to get Cahill on. No one is going to score for Australia in general play!
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 1:58am
Once again Australia dominate, they create chances, but can not score, although the goalkeeper saved two dead set point blank shots, no wonder he is one of the best in Europe.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 2:10am
Looks like another "meritorious" first round World Cup exit for Australia ...

Image result for putin yawning
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 1:19pm
His dad was more than handy in goal too Voyager. A good coach for the young fella to have from birth.
RED HUNTER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 5:04pm
For those rooting for AUSTRALIA

re the FRANCE vs DENMARK match...France can't afford to lose(draw ok),if they do they will play CROATIA next.

I'm sure they don't want that.  
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 6:44pm
Peru 3- Australia 0Wink
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 7:20pm
I am afraid I might agree with you T.

Van Marwyk had the ideal opportunity to put Cahill on when Nabbout dislocated his shoulder.

Cahill will not last the entire match against Peru so he is either starting and only on for twenty minutes, waiting until Peru have the game sown up in last third of the match, or just a passenger on a free trip to Russia.
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 11:54am
Our coach cost us that game. Everyone bar him knew it was the perfect moment for Cahill to come on. We had them pinned back, we were getting balls into the box. We just didn't have someone who could get on the end of one. Cahill has a knack of being in the right spot at the right time.

Unbelievable he put on Juric instead.

We had the momentum. Denmark were there for the taking. We had to chance our arm.

What's one point going to do? Nothing. There's a huge chance France and Denmark will play out a boring draw which eliminates us regardless of if we beat Peru.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 12:56am
Belgium look like a runaway train and playing too casual h/t ..Belgium 3 - Tunisia1 .
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 11:37am
That’s such a Germany thing to do.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Belgium look like a runaway train and playing too casual h/t ..Belgium 3 - Tunisia1 .

I thought Belgium's defence looked wobbly in the period I watched the game.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

I thought Belgium's defence looked wobbly in the period I watched the game.

On the money there Tlaz, that is a worry as they will leak goals if they don't tighten their defence, Germany and Brazil will make em pay otherwise, their strong in midfield and forward line, no doubt they realise their weakness , but there's some classy players in the team.
England , Senegal and Columbia to win tonight imo.
Brudder_A View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 1:09am
I think Panama is the worst team in the competition.

Pretty poor display IMO and very much a confidence boost for the POMs.

The only thing I can say is that the commentary is reserved from Martin Tyler....
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 11:48am
If only Panama was in Australia's group- we might score a goal in general play.
Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 5:33pm
England played a very tactical clever game last night, lots of clever set plays that came off and some that didn't, they are a force in the final 16, their defence is good but could be doing with a tighten up against stronger opposition.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 5:45pm
They could go all the way ...
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 6:34pm
AHA!..Pomp and Circumstance....Land of hope and Glory! I luv it.
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 6:46pm
The Belgium match will tell all - or a lot anyway.

Good on the Panamaniacs.  They celebrated that goal like they had just won the match.

They are a little country of 4 million people with a home league. England is a ... I am not sure what England is, but the United Kingdom is a country of 65 million people with arguably the strongest domestic league in the world.   I backed England to win 4 & 5-0.  I was in trouble at half time.

Funny thing about this World Cup is that my predictions have been a goal shy throughout.... and I don't think a 0-0 has been played so far.  The penalties are up so might might explain it, and VAR probably has something to do with the rise in penalties.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 12:20am
And yet some obvious decisions haven't been reviewed by VAR ... go figure!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 12:22am
The fishing village is going well though Tonto. Maybe the England V Belgium match will produce the 0-0 you're after.
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 1:24am
I don't want 0-0 results.  I am just noting that by comparison with other world cups there is a marked absence of 0-0 results.  And the elephant in the room is VAR. I am neutral with regards to VAR although I think it should have been trialed further before it was used in a World Cup.

As for England v Belgium I would certainly bet against that match going scoreless.  Both teams have sufficient firepower and both teams may have some vulnerability in defence judging by their group matches.  On the other hand those two sides will know one another better than any other two teams in the tournament so it may be very tight. 

Looking forward to it.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 2:53pm
Tempted to have a bet on Peru with that half-time Sportsbet deal- need something to spice up watching soccer.

$2.30- nah, that's not enough to keep me awake.Sleepy I'll check on the result Wednesday morning.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 8:15pm
Spain V Iran  1-1 and Portugal V Morocco 2-2

Things have gone quiet in here about those results. Surely both Euro teams no hope now. Russia got shown right up by Uruguay too. Clap
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 8:17pm
I took your advice Tlaz.      I don't know Soccer
Australia
-$929.42

Peru
$390.57

The Draw
$390.58

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 14>