Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

WORLD CUP 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 14>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 8:47pm
If FRANCE win this WORLD CUP some completely deluded AUSTRALIANS will think they are getting close to winning the BIG TROPHY.

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 9:01pm
Eh?
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 9:37pm
France 2 Australia 1 first round.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 9:49pm
That's surely a stretch, even for the Hunter.Confused
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 1:15am
Originally posted by TIGER TIGER wrote:

Love how Brazil got robbed of a penalty, what did Brazil expect when they have been rolling around diving the entire tournament

Heard the commentator say this morning, that Neymar had spent over 13 minutes on the ground - literally rolling around! - in the tournament so far - she added to that this morning too - should have been yellow carded twice.

I ask the question, how many "real" opportunities does he forfeit, by staging?

There was one this morning where he was brushed on the shoulder, and threw himself forward and under the ball, when he had position to take a header on goal ... only had to stay balanced and it was a scoring opportunity ... he is dynamite on the ball, but good riddance. 
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 1:50am
Heart says Sweden.  Head says England.

A lot of Australian folks have English roots but I am Scots Irish so England has nothing to do with me.  

Also of all the Euro sides the one that I always figure Australia is most similar to in terms of potential is Sweden. 

Also, of all the Euro sides the Scandinavians are the least likely to throw themselves on the ground and writhe in mock agony. 

I'd love to see a team built on team ethic and defensive discipline advance at the expense of the over privileged under achievers.  Yeah.  Party
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 3:03am
The worst part about the English goal was that the corner was unnecessary.  There was an element of panic about that 'clearance'. 

England executed the corner perfectly.   They are plainly a more talented bunch than the Swedes and goal had an inevitability about it.  England 1 Sweden 0.
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 4:03am
... and a second goal to seal it.   You could see it unfolding as if it were choreographed.  

England 2 Sweden 0.  

Now, who will they play in the semis ?  Russia or Croatia ?  Either way the path to the final is unfolding like Dele's goal.  I am not sure it matters.   
feline View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote feline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 10:07am
this world cup is an abomination for true sports lovers All the diving/simulation
broken fingernails for these "girls" is embarrassing. The admin from FIFA is also. They could easily use a countdown clock like AFL but they leave it up to referees from banana republics who are very suss. Plus only 1 referee to chase these 22 around and see things from 1 angle only. Sideline guys are not enough.
FIFA likes all this confusion...fair play is not on their radar. So many wrong decisions I would never bet on this travesty of a "sport" I have yet to see an Aussie in the off or on field referee panel. Why ? No pay maybe. Why did Qatar even qualify as a host country ? $$$ maybe. This is a joke sport/game. I've watched all the games so far hoping for something but for 90+ minutes getting 3 minutes of excitement is not enough. No wonder fans riot after soccer games. But I was happy Russia is out & I hope the Poms go all the way. PS. remember who was FIFA top dog before. The English commentator said there were 35 cameras covering the game so how come they miss so much? I watched Fox USA coverage the other day & it was excellent truly called the game unlike the English "commentators" who only give stats from blah blah 1950 or 1964 game not relevant in this day and age but they drone on and on. Thank god for the mute button.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 2:37pm
We have to pray, Justice will see Our beloved Poms take out the World Cup.

Surely they can't get the booby prize 3 times in a row .

Park Yr Bowels and Markel have to be followed by a win.
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 8:06pm
Where did this whole “animals predict the World Cup results” thing come from? Regardless, it didn’t pan (see what I did there) out too well for poor old Rabio.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jul/03/so-long-suckers-japan-mourns-killing-of-world-cup-psychic-octopus
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 8:12pm
Jesus Judge - when I first read that I thought you were talking about the TBV tipsters. Thought you were being a touch kind !
Refer ALP Election Promises
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 12:14am
As Cleaver Greene would say oneone, I know am all animal
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 1:08pm
Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 4:42pm
Gut feeling:

England will play France in the final and England will win the World Cup.

Smokey:

Japan. I really liked the way they played last night. Sure, they had advantages, but they have good headers, and look extremely threatening in offence.
Would be a huge boilover, but I do believe its possible

No idea why, but have a gut feeling England is going to win the World Cup, so Ive backed them.

This is possibly going to be one of my freakiest predictions ever.
3 weeks ago the prediction made.
Had a premonition.

JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 2:12pm
Coaching clinics are inspired by this years Word Cup:

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 2:54pm

Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 3:24pm
ENGLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND...!!!!!!!!!!!

It's coming home it's coming home
it's coming
footballs coming home !!!!!!!!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 3:33pm
Only time will tell whether the above contributionshould have been posted in the "Too much w@nking" thread in the Racing Forum.  Wink
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 3:44pm
Thanks Judge and PT - Neymar has certainly left his mark on this World Cup. LOL
ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 4:23pm
Park Yr Bowels and Markel have to be followed by a win

I take it you mean Merkel? Exactly what does she have to do with England?
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 4:43pm
Maybe he means Megan.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 4:50pm
I suspect you're quite correct.  Star

ps no prizes for guessing who park yr bowels refers to.
RED HUNTER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

Where did this whole “animals predict the World Cup results” thing come from? Regardless, it didn’t pan (see what I did there) out too well for poor old Rabio.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jul/03/so-long-suckers-japan-mourns-killing-of-world-cup-psychic-octopus

That octopus MULTI WIN predicted FRANKIE DETTORI riding the card,with a leg to spare.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 10:41am
I was amazed that Belgium allowed themselves to win against England and ended up on that side of the draw. England get the dream run to the final because they didn't score.
ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 11:21am
Ok then. Try to explain on what basis Meghan MARKLE amounts to a loss for England ...... As for the other lady mentioned, I'm sure those that take every chance to discredit her are superb humanitarians by comparison.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 6:24pm
Hands up all those looking for a France v Croatia final

France @ $6.50 and Croatia @ $26, it would be a great final to watch!
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
brave_ponies View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

Hands up all those looking for a France v Croatia final

France @ $6.50 and Croatia @ $26, it would be a great final to watch!

My hand's up.

I have Croatia to win ($17) - my only bet in this. I've been too scared to post in case I jinx them

Enjoy everyone!
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 11:24pm
Belgium for me, then on to the big one.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 8:09am
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

France for me. Have had a small bet on them though so that probably rules them out.

In to $3 fav now and looking good.

Have probably put the mock on them now though.

One game away!

$1.70 on Betfair now. Will be slightly longer if England get through tomorrow. Slightly shorter if it’s Croatia.
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 10:12am
Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 4:42pm
Gut feeling:

England will play France in the final and England will win the World Cup.

Smokey:

Japan. I really liked the way they played last night. Sure, they had advantages, but they have good headers, and look extremely threatening in offence.
Would be a huge boilover, but I do believe its possible

No idea why, but have a gut feeling England is going to win the World Cup, so Ive backed them.

Almost there   Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 14>