Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

WORLD CUP 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 14>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

I can't wait for Neymar, the flouncing flopping screaming bawling superstar to hold the Cup aloft. It will be a great day for Brazil and a great day for football.

BRAZIL guarded by Angels

We are blessed to see NEYMAR receive miraculous interventions.  Witness the pain quickly leaving his body.
RED HUNTER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 11:24pm
My friend told me the offer of "OWN GOAL" betting is hard to find these days.

Reckons it was offered long ago as 12,reduced to 6 and these days ..GONE
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 11:43pm
stats from wiki   

2018   at least 10 own goals so far
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 11:45pm
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 9:36am
England wins...more BS we got to put up with now from every pommy out there
EAD
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by TIGER TIGER wrote:

England wins...more BS we got to put up with now from every pommy out there

I'd hate to be on of the guys form colombia that missed a penalty. They might want to stay out of the country till the heat dies down
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 12:53pm
England kissed on the dick.

They'll struggle to break down Sweden.

Sweden to advance at $3 is a ripping bet.
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by Redemption Redemption wrote:

Gut feeling:

England will play France in the final and England will win the World Cup.

Smokey:

Japan. I really liked the way they played last night. Sure, they had advantages, but they have good headers, and look extremely threatening in offence.
Would be a huge boilover, but I do believe its possible

No idea why, but have a gut feeling England is going to win the World Cup, so Ive backed them.

Geepez, hows this starting to look?

Wink
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by MJB MJB wrote:

England kissed on the dick.

They'll struggle to break down Sweden.

Sweden to advance at $3 is a ripping bet.

In case you missed yesterdays' post in a couple of threads, please heed Disapprove

Some threads are giving me cause for concern so without specifics, please bear this rule in mind prior to hitting Post Reply Smile

Members will be kind and courteous, and respectful to other members and the moderators. No direct or indirect personal attacks or insults of any kind will be allowed. Posts which antagonize, belittle or humiliate other members and/or the moderators will not be tolerated, nor will racism, sexism, bigotry, hatred, violent language, threats, real-life threats, insults, extreme vulgar language, flaming, otherwise inappropriate or hurtful language, harassment, grammar policing. This also applies to signatures.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 6:05pm

Gut feeling:

England will play France in the final and England will win the World Cup.

Smokey:

Japan. I really liked the way they played last night. Sure, they had advantages, but they have good headers, and look extremely threatening in offence.
Would be a huge boilover, but I do believe its possible

No idea why, but have a gut feeling England is going to win the World Cup, so Ive backed them.

Geepez, hows this starting to look?

Wink

You are a genius, Redemption. Unfortunately you are still 600m from home and already under heavy whip riding.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 6:23pm
With any luck the Poms will make the final and lead 2-0 at half-time.

Only to miss a penalty which would've had them 3-up, and then concede the last of three unanswered goalsin the 5th minute of extra time with 2 seconds left on the clock.  Hug
Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 6:23pm
ENGLAAAAAAAAND..!!!!!!

Footballs coming home, footballs coming home again..!!!!

come on...!!!!!!

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 6:27pm
Jesus.....thank Christ Fiddler. I was starting to worry you might have carked it or something !!
Refer ALP Election Promises
Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Jesus.....thank Christ Fiddler. I was starting to worry you might have carked it or something !!

Mate I've missed only one world cup match, absolutely loving this tournament, the drama is unbelievable, every match just something special, so glad to be a part of it and enjoying the England wins.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 7:11pm
The penalty shoot-out hoodoo is over ... they could win it.
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 12:26am
One interesting game to night Uruguay v France, captain Cavani out for Uruguay ( calf)
All rests on Suarez , not out of it but the French hold sway imo.
One brilliant game on after Brazil vBelgium, Brazil odds on but I'm hoping for Belgium ,
Kevin De Bruyne to be motm, ...yawn...
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 1:35am
We have to get on the Pommie bandwagon.     Patriotic type I am.

I have Rellies there somewhere ,   I remember a story how my great great great grandparents migrated and it didn't cost them 10 quid either.

Apparently he said it was a stick up ,   but it was actually a F---- up .

Poor Granma , she got loaded with riding the get away horse.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 1:51am
Olde but a goodie, still gets a laugh.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 9:33am
Love how Brazil got robbed of a penalty, what did Brazil expect when they have been rolling around diving the entire tournament
EAD
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 11:24am
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

One interesting game to night Uruguay v France, captain Cavani out for Uruguay ( calf)
One brilliant game on after Brazil v Belgium, Brazil odds on but I'm hoping for Belgium ,

Good call Carioca.  Go the Red Devils.  

Cavani's absence was critical.  Having both Cavani and Suarez in front was the key to Uruguay but without one it was all out of kilter.  

It got close to nasty after the Mbappe dive.  I don't like what I am seeing with that kid.  He has all the talent in the world but seems to think he needs to dive and disrespect referees.  Fantastic to see them drag him to his feet like an errant schoolboy.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 11:30am
Originally posted by Tontonan Tontonan wrote:

Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

One brilliant game on after Brazil v Belgium, Brazil odds on but I'm hoping for Belgium ,

Good call Carioca.  Go the Red Devils.  

Cavani's absence was critical.  Having both Cavani and Suarez in front was the key to Uruguay but without one it was all out of kilter.  

It got close to nasty after the Mbappe dive.  I don't like what I am seeing with that kid.  He has all the talent in the world but seems to think he needs to dive and disrespect referees.  Fantastic to see them drag him to his feet like an errant schoolboy.

PSG's masterplan must be to sign all the top divers in the world.
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 11:40am
Thank god for that. The sight of that toxic little stager Neymar strutting around with the World Cup would have been more than I could stomach.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 11:45am
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

Thank god for that. The sight of that toxic little stager Neymar strutting around with the World Cup would have been more than I could stomach.

Little bastard misses out on World Cup glory but cries all the way to the bank- $1.4 million weekly wage.Confused
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 11:50am
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

This rolling around in fake agony takes so much away from the game.

Sickening to watch.

I stayed out last night ...    Luckily
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 11:53am
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

France for me. Have had a small bet on them though so that probably rules them out.

In to $3 fav now and looking good.

Have probably put the mock on them now though.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 12:04pm
The problem with football is the penalty goal. There are so many of them- over 100 per season in many EPL seasons- and they are so difficult to officiate. You would be mad not to cheat.Wink

Compare it to a penalty try in rugby league- extremely rare- whole seasons can go by without any- and only given when it is clear cut.

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 12:05pm
Well we won't be seeing him again for quite awhile ( longer if I can help it ) , they needed a stabilising player to temper the antics but they ain't got one , end result is defeat, the Belgium team will go all the way imo , they will take care of France , Vincent Company in the middle again after and injury for Belgium will be their rock, I will not be surprised if it's a England v Belgium final, ironical, but makes the EPL such a watched competition.
ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 12:43pm
I'm with you Cari and cheering for an England V Belgium final with the moules frites to take the title. The French are second to Brazil on the diving cry baby front. Don't want those over valued surrender monkeys getting the glory.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 1:32pm

The problem with football is the penalty goal. There are so many of them- over 100 per season in many EPL seasons- and they are so difficult to officiate. You would be mad not to cheat.Wink

Compare it to a penalty try in rugby league- extremely rare- whole seasons can go by without any- and only given when it is clear cut.

Their game is called Football Tlaz, feet on feet going for the ball , studs up, automatic pen.coming in from behind raking archilles , treading on feet , the usual drill , you know that , getting a whack in the face or head they will " milk" all the way, especially with the manager instructing them to go down when touched in the box , but look at the ones that go down , the even upper comes when their away from the area lol, part and parcel for the game , England's got one Raheem Sterling, I call him " canvas back", reminds me of a boxer long time ago, always flat on the canvas, hence the name,
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 3:01pm

Few stats for you Tlaz while I'm here, 20 teams in the top flight EPL, play each other twice, 39 games, plus FA Cup plus League Cup plus Community Shield (all clubs to qualify) , plus first 4 the previous season play round robin in U.K. and EU, for champions league final, plus club that finish 5th play round robin for Europa Comp, they are well paid I know , there's some classic fakers , but there is a lot of wear and tear on their feet .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 14>