Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

WORLD CUP 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndiCap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WORLD CUP 2018
    Posted: 23 May 2018 at 8:51pm
BRAZIL for mine.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 8:56pm
You're nuts Andi.  
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 9:03pm
Belgium, to finish top 4 is my prediction fwiw.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 11:36pm
I want peoples idea of how Australia will go?

Obviously France is a game where we just need to try and limit the damage, Denmark is a game we can draw if we play to our best and Peru's high world ranking has been enhanced by their home record, in Russia they will be doing it tough to score a goal.

With that obviously Denmark is the main match for us to target.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 11:02pm
Okay.

Winner : France

Final : France v Germany

Semis : Spain v Germany & France v Brazil

Best Longshot : Croatia
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 11:05pm
Hey voyager, I will have a look at who's who in each group and put a few of mine in fwiw
bit of fun, I enjoy the game.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 12:37am
Do not jump off Belgium for the semis Carioca. I have them meeting Brazil in the quarters and if there golden generation pull their finger out and do their best they are capable of the upset.

My query is if they get injuries. If they have their best 10 on the field in that quarter final they can beat a mentally vulnerable Brazil.

Brudder_A View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 4:06am
Nice little tune up by our lads.

4-0 over the Czechs is Austria today is a great morale booster!

mowie View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mowie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 4:54am
if we win a match in the world cup i'd be stunned, worst aussie team we have taken,

plonk coin on Denmark at 5 bucks to get out of the group stage an Colombia
chris Armstrong waller, *drugs are bad mkay
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 9:38am
Why are Australians so rubbish at soccer? Practically every fly-blown dump of a country in the world produces far better soccer players than we do.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Why are Australians so rubbish at soccer? Practically every fly-blown dump of a country in the world produces far better soccer players than we do.
Obvious - we are a small population to start with. Then most of the real talent goes to much better games like AFL, NRL & Rugby. Only the left over no talent sissy boys end up playing soccer !
Refer ALP Election Promises
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Obvious - we are a small population to start with. Then most of the real talent goes to much better games like AFL, NRL & Rugby. Only the left over no talent sissy boys end up playing soccer !
Imagine how good it would be to have David Fifita, Nic Naitanui or Tom Robertson available for Socceroo selection ! 
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 12:20pm

Imagine how good it would be to have David Fifita, Nic Naitanui or Tom Robertson available for Socceroo selection ! 
& we could send big Sam Kasiano back to Canterbury for a season or 2 & then put him as goalie.  Brilliant !
mowie View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mowie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 12:20pm

world game.. cost little to play soccer anywhere in the world, we are just a pimple on it, our best player only got into the top league in the world (epl) by playing in a bottom team an winning a promotion.

a league is so far down in the eyes of over seas scouts its hard to get talent into good teams over seas making our soccer roos perform,   the women on the other hand are world bests Big smile

chris Armstrong waller, *drugs are bad mkay
ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 2:44am
Poor folks can get easy access to soccer and have strong motivation to succeed. Other countries have less sports competing for attention.

Spoilt Oz brats and talented sports kids rarely play the game here. It's up to the talent pool from helicopter mums, "gentle"  dads and immigrants to make up Oz numbers.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 10:56am
Now for my serious thoughts. I think soccer is by far the most skilful of all the football codes. For me, that still doesn't make it a great game to watch. Find it too frustrating - & the low scoring nature of the game often results in dodgy outcomes. I would like to see bigger goals so that the team who has more shots is more likely to win. I think AFL is the fairest code for the same reason. Yes I know, not going too happen - why change the most popular code in the world !
Re Australia's soccer players - I think a few on here are being a touch harsh. We have done remarkably well "considering" over the past decade or two. The talent pool is low in numbers compared to most.
Mr Prospector View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Prospector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 1:33pm
As a soccer nation we don't instil the close control foot skills needed to succeed at the top level as a senior player . One of our most skilful players , Tom Rogic came from a futsal background and at an older age . 

1. France 
2. Germany 

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 2:31pm
Love the game but only watch the top shelf, will be watching a lot of WC games so some late nights ahead, it's not everyone's cup of tea and that will never change, that's life.
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 5:12pm
Germany will win

WE can win a game if we attack relentlessly.
We arent rubbish at soccer anymore

Were 20 years ago, but when they stopped chipping it around and started attacking, became a better team
Also got wogs in the side. It was once just anglos.

Greece has been shocking at the world cup. so thats the wog theory out the door as a contradiction.

Anything can happen, its that kind of sport

its the only time I watch soccer.
Its the elite of the elite, all playing at the same time

Aussies love being the underdogs anyway, so surprise wins are on the cards

also wont be shocked if Germany hammers everyone.

brazil is the usual danger. they eat footballs for breakfast and probably sleep with footballs.

ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 5:38pm
Now that's just offensive garbage. I'm sure you know that and are just seeking attention. Thumbs Down
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Love the game but only watch the top shelf, will be watching a lot of WC games so some late nights ahead, it's not everyone's cup of tea and that will never change, that's life.

Too many teams, so an awful lot of filler. Fact is these days the top Euro clubs have stronger teams than even the better international sides. Not really the pinnacle of the sport anymore, imo.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 9:01pm
The Champions League is higher quality football than the World Cup.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 9:07pm
I only bother to watch overseas sport these days if is at a congenial time here. Russia- haven't checked but I guess that will mean horrendous time of day for most games.
saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 9:28pm

Now for my serious thoughts. I think soccer is by far the most skilful of all the football codes. For me, that still doesn't make it a great game to watch. Find it too frustrating - & the low scoring nature of the game often results in dodgy outcomes. I would like to see bigger goals so that the team who has more shots is more likely to win. I think AFL is the fairest code for the same reason. Yes I know, not going too happen - why change the most popular code in the world !
Re Australia's soccer players - I think a few on here are being a touch harsh. We have done remarkably well "considering" over the past decade or two. The talent pool is low in numbers compared to most.

I love it because the best team doesn't always win.

An inferior team that has less possession and less shots on goal, can win if they take their chances. This is the beauty of the World Game. One moment of brilliance, or one moment of madness can be all the difference.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 9:50pm
Must agree with you there saintly, one moment of brilliance, Gareth Bale, and that scissor kick.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 8:11pm
Russia too good for the Saudi's to night,....well they better be or them soldiers will let them dogs loose , anyone see em, scary lot they are.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 8:17pm

Russia too good for the Saudi's to night,....well they better be or them soldiers will let them dogs loose , anyone see em, scary lot they are.

I backed Russia with Crownbet. They have a special where:

• Place a bet on any World Cup Group Stage match. Single match markets only.
  • Receive a $90 Bonus Bet for each Group Stage match the Socceroos win.
  • Minimum Bet $1.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

I backed Russia with Crownbet. They have a special where:

<ul dir="ltr" style="-sizing: border-; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 10px; color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Roboto, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;"><li id="docs-internal-guid-c89b2f4b-b83c-6d1a-d8e7-9c63f02e26cb" style="-sizing: border-; line-height: 1.38; margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt;"><span id="docs-internal-guid-7c0cdc42-d8d7-bb2b-f92d-90a16659e01a" style="-sizing: border-; font-size: 11pt; font-family: Arial; color: rgb0, 0, 0; : transparent; font-variant-numeric: normal; font-variant-east-asian: normal; vertical-align: line; white-space: pre-wrap;">Place a bet on any World Cup Group Stage match. Single match markets only.</span><li style="-sizing: border-; line-height: 1.38; margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt;">[COLOR=#000000" face="Arial" style="-sizing: border-;]<span style="-sizing: border-; font-size: 14.6667px; white-space: pre-wrap;]Receive a $</span>[/COLOR]<span style="-sizing: border-; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-family: Arial; font-size: 14.6667px;">90 </span>[COLOR=#000000" face="Arial" style="-sizing: border-;]<span style="-sizing: border-; font-size: 14.6667px; white-space: pre-wrap;]Bonus Bet for each Group Stage match the Socceroos win.</span>[/COLOR]<li style="-sizing: border-; line-height: 1.38; margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt;">[COLOR=#000000" face="Arial" style="-sizing: border-;]<span style="-sizing: border-; font-size: 14.6667px; white-space: pre-wrap;]Minimum Bet $1.</span>[/COLOR]

You won't have any problems, GL.
saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 9:05pm
The highlight of tonight will be seeing if FIFA or Putin are running tonight's show.

Sepp Blatter is banned from all matches, yet Putin wants him as his special guest in his box tonight.

Will he be allowed in?

I think Vlad will have the final say.
saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 9:06pm
Drew Portugal in one sweep, another sweep to be finalised tonight.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>