Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Stallions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Justify

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Justify
    Posted: 20 May 2018 at 12:48pm
JUSTIFY (USA)Chestnut colt 2015 
Scat Daddy
Bay or brown 2004
Johannesburg
Bay 1999
Hennessy
Chestnut 1993
Storm Cat
Bay or brown 1983
Storm Bird
Terlingua
4-j
8-c
Island Kitty
Chestnut 1976
Hawaii
T C Kitten
1-l
8-c
Myth
Bay 1993
Ogygian
Bay 1983
Damascus
Gonfalon
8-h
16-a
Yarn
Bay or brown 1987
Mr Prospector
Narrate
13-c
2-f
Love Style
Chestnut 1999
Mr Prospector
Bay 1970
Raise a Native
Chestnut 1961
Native Dancer
Raise You
5-f
8-f
Gold Digger
Bay 1962
Nashua
Sequence
3-m
13-c
Likeable Style
Bay 1990
Nijinsky
Bay 1967
Northern Dancer
Flaming Page
2-d
8-f
Personable Lady
Bay 1981
No Robbery
Porthole
19-b
1-w
Stage Magic
Chestnut 2007
Ghostzapper
Bay 2000
Awesome Again
Bay 1994
Deputy Minister
Bay or brown 1979
Vice Regent
Mint Copy
10-c
10-a
Primal Force
Bay 1987
Blushing Groom
Prime Prospect
22-d
1-c
Baby Zip
Bay 1991
Relaunch
Grey 1976
In Reality
Foggy Note
21-a
3-o
Thirty Zip
Bay or brown 1983
Tri Jet
Sailaway
20-c
23-b
Magical Illusion
Chestnut 2001
Pulpit
Bay 1994
A P Indy
Bay or brown 1989
Seattle Slew
Weekend Surprise
13-c
3-l
Preach
Bay 1989
Mr Prospector
Narrate
13-c
2-f
Voodoo Lily
Bay 1987
Baldski
Bay or brown 1974
Nijinsky
Too Bald
8-f
21-a
Cap the Moment
Chestnut 1980
For the Moment
Set Your Cap
11-f
1-h
 Ancestor duplications:Mr Prospector5f,3f x 5f Narrate5f x 5f Nijinsky4f x 5m

reductio ad absurdum
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 4:59pm

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 9:43pm
reductio ad absurdum
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 10:08pm
Great piccies.   Disgusting conditions .  Hope he can crack the 3rd leg.
animals before people.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 12:34pm
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 12:44pm
I see Mr P was 29 when Love Style, the dam of Scat Daddy was foaled Cool
correctweight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote correctweight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 10:55am
Weakest triple crown winner ever. Dhpuld be rated nowhere near Winx. But sadly probably will.
Nobody View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nobody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 11:11am
Originally posted by correctweight correctweight wrote:

Weakest triple crown winner ever. Dhpuld be rated nowhere near Winx. But sadly probably will.

LOL

What the kiss does Winx have to do with the Triple Crown?

If you enjoy racing, you would enjoy the history of the triple crown. Best horse on all conditions and track types.  However I'm mightily impressed by Lonhro's son who ran second. No run for two months, an inury setback, first run on dirt, never been beyond 1600m,a new trainer with 3 to 4 weeks before the race, and jockey pulled him back too sharply after the start and cost him about 6 lengths. 

But back to Justify, I love the fact that Mike Smith had the confidence in the horse to take him to the front and dictate terms just like he did in the Preakness. Uneaten colt with the will power to take on all comers. Hopefully, I'd like to see him take on the Travers against the older horses.

And for good measure I can guarantee he will shuttle to Newgate for a southern season in a few years time.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 11:36am

Champions tend to make top class horses look 2nd rate which I suspect is the case here.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 11:44am
4 instances of Nijinsky surely had an effect on his staying ability Big smile

Click to enlarge then click Zoom (top of new window) if need be.

Edited by Gay3 - 10 Jun 2018 at 11:45am
RED HUNTER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 12:42pm

The Australian connection behind US Triple Crown chaser Justify

https://www.smh.com.au › Sport › Racing
2 days ago - Justify attempt to complete the Triple Crown on Sunday. Watching in the stands will be Newgate Farm boss Henry Field, who picked him out at ...
ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 1:27pm
Correctweight has weighed in very light today. Must have left his saddlebags back at the stable.

Excellent effort to dominate the race and the series. I think Gronkowski was given the typical "hope he stays and let's run second" ride. Switched right off early and took it as easy as possible to get home and pick up the scraps. First run after starting his career with Jeremy Noseda in England. Had done very well at a mile on the all weather circuit over the winter there. Had been known to over race a bit at a mile so they probably worked hard to get him to settle early to stay the extra 800m.

Shammy Davis View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

4 instances of Nijinsky surely had an effect on his staying ability Big smile

Click to enlarge then click Zoom (top of new window) if need be.

His pedigree is a real history lesson in the development of the modern Thoroughbred. I certainly misjudged his staying power.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 2:22pm

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote correctweight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 7:12pm
Nothing wrong with being a weak triple crown winner. Theres bot many of them.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote correctweight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by Nobody Nobody wrote:

LOL

What the kiss does Winx have to do with the Triple Crown?

If you enjoy racing, you would enjoy the history of the triple crown. Best horse on all conditions and track types.  However I'm mightily impressed by Lonhro's son who ran second. No run for two months, an inury setback, first run on dirt, never been beyond 1600m,a new trainer with 3 to 4 weeks before the race, and jockey pulled him back too sharply after the start and cost him about 6 lengths. 

But back to Justify, I love the fact that Mike Smith had the confidence in the horse to take him to the front and dictate terms just like he did in the Preakness. Uneaten colt with the will power to take on all comers. Hopefully, I'd like to see him take on the Travers against the older horses.

And for good measure I can guarantee he will shuttle to Newgate for a southern season in a few years time.

Thanks dr expert
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 7:28pm
I was at Newgate on Sat morning,  and the whisper was Coolmore will offer 60 million to control him at Coolmore.  ( If he wins. )  He won Sunday morning.   Newgate said if Coolmore dont buy him, he will no doubt come out to Newgate when he retires. 
Today at Coolmore they didnt confirm the rumour when ask,,,BUT, they certainly didnt deny they plan on having him if possible.
Already the joke mill is working.  The story goes Justify got invited to the White House but he said No Thanks, if I wanted to see a horse,s arse I would have run second. 
animals before people.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 7:35pm
Thanks acacia.  Thumbs Up

With a special LOLfor the last bit.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 1:50am
Yeah, SC, loved the joke. LOL  The rest is just rumours.  But its from those involved, so will be interesting to see how things pan out Thumbs Up
animals before people.
Shammy Davis View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 2:52am
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

. . .The story goes Justify got invited to the White House but he said No Thanks, if I wanted to see a horse,s arse I would have run second. 

ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 11:29am
No surprise there AA it's a sire line the Coolmore boys have had plenty of interest in.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 1:57pm
Yes they are keen to get ahold of the good ones by Scat Daddy.  I think they have 2, or maybe 3, already .   Its interesting isnt it, to see horses by S.D. doing so well, when he was by Johannesburg, who was a complete flop here in Ozz, anyway, and I don think he got much else that amounted to much anywhere else, did he ?
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 2:21pm
I just remembered them saying that Winstar also own some of him, so one wonders if they will be keen to let him go ???
animals before people.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 3:15pm
reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 3:21pm
Sorry, I thought that was a video highlighting the team riding.

There is no doubt team riding took place, and I am talking from a skulduggery point of view. I will try to find it and upload.

reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 3:37pm
reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 3:41pm
reductio ad absurdum
Brudder_A View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 11:07pm
Returned back to Churchill Downs, Louisville yesterday.

Will spend  a week there then back to California for a bit of a rest as connections plan what to tackle next.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote correctweight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 3:17am
Provisional rating of 125. Was accurate in saying he is the weakest triple crown wimner ever. Asgain notjing eromg with that, winning s triple crown still a great achievement.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 1:59am

Little new information is known about the medical condition of Champion Justify following the announcement earlier this week that the 13th winner of the American Triple Crown has been taken out of training.

“Justify had some filling in his left front ankle a week ago, which subsided in a couple days,” trainer Bob Baffert said in a prepared statement. “I trained him last week and the filling came back. We want to get him checked out.”

There was no further information where or by whom the condition would be evaluated. He has been stabled at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, California.

The scant public information has continued to drip, drip throughout the week. Baffert later announced that Justify would not run in the Haskell Invitational at Monmouth Park, New  Jersey July 29. Then came word that the son of Scat Daddy would be shipped to Baffert’s base at Del Mar Racetrack near San Diego where he would be temporarily stabled, then evaluated in two weeks’ time for the recurring condition.

animals before people.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>