Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Friday Racing Blog May 18 2018

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Friday Racing Blog May 18 2018
    Posted: 18 May 2018 at 9:08am
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 10:31am
Morning all
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 10:48am
Good morning Gay3, tillyras and all. Big smile
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 2:44pm
I've found something for an interest each way at $11/$3.5 today. R8 Port Macquarie Kailis Pearl. It will get back so the draw is a non-issue. It's just whether enough pressure is on up top to bring the backmarkers into it. If so, can run into top 3.
Sunline...simply supreme
Aurelius View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurelius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 3:52pm
Geelong

R6 Kaiken   $5.00

Not overly confident however think the soft track enhances her chances.
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 4:11pm
Ipswich race 7 Vivid Pink at 10's fixed. I've been following this horse for a while. It's run some frustrating 4th's for me but l know for sure this race today is easier than it's been contesting. Well weighted with 54 kilos. It ran 3rd one day behind Dapper One who was flying up there in Queensland. The two favourites in today's race don't have form like that. Happy to play at the 10's. He's probably going to be better over longer but he could be the best horse in the race today and you don't often get a price like that for the best horse. I Remember You is under the odds and limited. Doctor on Ice looked good winning it's maiden but that was on wet ground. The value is definitely with Vivid Pink. I'm betting up.

tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 4:36pm
Geelong Race 5
The Peninsular

Moderate country performer but D Oliver riding today sticks out.
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 4:56pm
The bagmen are on their knees at Port Macquarie. The first 5 favourites have saluted.
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by MJB MJB wrote:

Ipswich race 7 Vivid Pink at 10's fixed. I've been following this horse for a while. It's run some frustrating 4th's for me but l know for sure this race today is easier than it's been contesting. Well weighted with 54 kilos. It ran 3rd one day behind Dapper One who was flying up there in Queensland. The two favourites in today's race don't have form like that. Happy to play at the 10's. He's probably going to be better over longer but he could be the best horse in the race today and you don't often get a price like that for the best horse. I Remember You is under the odds and limited. Doctor on Ice looked good winning it's maiden but that was on wet ground. The value is definitely with Vivid Pink. I'm betting up.

S Cormack not riding. J Byrne picks up the ride.

Surely that's a fair upgrade.

Best $10 pop l've seen in a long, long time.
jimbob04 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbob04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 5:40pm
good luck guys

MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by tillyras tillyras wrote:

Geelong Race 5
The Peninsular

Moderate country performer but D Oliver riding today sticks out.

$4.60 the place fixed.

Sneck View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 6:24pm

S Cormack not riding. J Byrne picks up the ride.

Surely that's a fair upgrade.

Best $10 pop l've seen in a long, long time.
I'm not sure how much of a positive jockey change it actually is I like Cormack. 

Vivid Pink getting out to a nice price now though I'm going to save on it.

I backed 3 the win 15 the place for the record.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 6:24pm
Kailis Pearl fell...
Sunline...simply supreme
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 6:26pm
Stiff again Sunline. I think your horse lost the rider. I think it was you anyway. The caller from the studio was no help at all.
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 6:32pm
4th again. It's getting a bit boring now.

That horse has destroyed me. I've backed it four times now. Three times it's run 4th. The other time it ran 3rd but there was no third dividend.

1200 too short. Ipswich doesn't suit either. Needs a bigger track. Rocketed home though which doesn't surprise me.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 6:34pm

Stiff again Sunline. I think your horse lost the rider. I think it was you anyway. The caller from the studio was no help at all.

I felt like I had a bet on a race in timbucktoo.
Sunline...simply supreme
Sneck View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 6:37pm

4th again. It's getting a bit boring now.

That horse has destroyed me. I've backed it four times now. Three times it's run 4th. The other time it ran 3rd but there was no third dividend.

1200 too short. Ipswich doesn't suit either. Needs a bigger track. Rocketed home though which doesn't surprise me.
It did enough to get you for next start Wink

I'm not sure how wound up it was today giving the betting.
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 6:42pm
Nah, it's a sucker horse. I've had enough of it. It can win without me.

Yep, the betting told the story. I knew l was gone when l saw it hit 15's. I had it marked at $4. It's a better horse than the winner who is also one of mine and who l've also tipped on this forum before.

As you said, not wound up enough. It's class came through late. Needs further and a bigger track.

marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 6:43pm
topending is worth a crack at good odds  in the get out at Ippy - loves the track and distance, just needs a solid speed so he can finish over the top of them. His last run under a big weight a sunny coast was pretty good
Sneck View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 7:58pm
cranbourne r1no11
Sneck View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 8:29pm
cr2no1 took the 1.60 with unibet
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 12:35am
2 runners from the 2017 Melb Cup are in tonight’s Yorkshire Cup 2800m.

Max Dynamite is back to the flat after a couple of dreadful efforts over the jumps.

Wicklow Brave conversely is back to the flat after running 2nd in a G1 hurdle in Ireland.
 Post Reply Post Reply