Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Mickey Blue Eyes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mickey Blue Eyes
    Posted: 16 May 2018 at 9:43am
Why is this horse $3.90 and only second fave today? Should be $3 and fave, surely?

Excellent debut in stiff grade behind the promising Graff. Should lap up the extra 100m and horses like him take a leap forward at their second start with the aid of experience.

He will get back and maps a bit ugly for 1400m Warwick Farm, but the fave isa lso likely to be back there or risks sitting deep if they try to slot in midfield.

He's a horse I'm sure they plan to run in the JJ Atkins if he earns his way there, starting with this maiden today.
Sunline...simply supreme
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 10:17am
Press Box scratched Cry
Sunline...simply supreme
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 11:14am
$3 with Press Box out is still backable IMHO.
Sunline...simply supreme
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 11:23am
Shocking name for a race horse.
Straight Connector View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight Connector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 12:17pm
Gotta agree this horse looks the one, even before the scratching which is disappointing.

I have doubts over the stable, I simply do not understand the placement of their horses at times. But they always have a decent horse among the bunch, and this boy could be their latest.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 3:34pm
Well there's a lesson there in backing backmarkers in general, but especially 1400m races where you can strike a walk like he did there.

Back, fought the rider, pushed very wide on circling, mathematic impossibility.
Sunline...simply supreme
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight Connector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 3:40pm
For whatever reason I thought A. Cummings had the horse? Hence my previous comments.

As for the run, I only listened, but it sounded like a bit of a car crash.

MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 3:58pm
That's the variables of racing. Always tack on a few points to horses on the speed who make their own luck. So much can go for wrong for backmarkers.

I thought the horse still ran pretty well. Let down well. But couldn't possibly win given the nature of the race.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by Straight Connector Straight Connector wrote:

Gotta agree this horse looks the one, even before the scratching which is disappointing.

I have doubts over the stable, I simply do not understand the placement of their horses at times. But they always have a decent horse among the bunch, and this boy could be their latest.

Strange comment. Hayes has more than one decent horse. Probably has 40 or 50
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight Connector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

Originally posted by Straight Connector Straight Connector wrote:

Strange comment. Hayes has more than one decent horse. Probably has 40 or 50

Already acknowledged that I mistakenly thought he was with Cummings    
 Post Reply Post Reply