Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Wednesday Racing Blog May 16 2018

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wednesday Racing Blog May 16 2018
    Posted: 16 May 2018 at 9:20am
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Aurelius View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurelius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 9:37am
Sandown

R5 Fifty Stars   $4.20
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 10:06am
Good morning Gay3, Aurelius and all. Big smile
Straight Connector View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight Connector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 12:11pm
Welcome back JMAC!
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 2:16pm
Ahhh Well , It's only money,   Comforting words when you've just got $13 and lost the photo.     Bastaxd is the right reaction.

SO = Sunshine Coast R1 4 EVOLO
        Sandown R5    R2 Fifty Stars
        Warwick Farm R4    10 LAUSSEL
                      R7    2 OXFORD MAGIC
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 2:25pm
Fingers crossed you get a win maccamax, so there will be no more weetbix. Thumbs Up
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Ahhh Well , It's only money,   Comforting words when you've just got $13 and lost the photo.     Bastaxd is the right reaction.

SO = Sunshine Coast R1 4 EVOLO
        Sandown R5    R2 Fifty Stars
        Warwick Farm R4    10 LAUSSEL
                      R7    2 OXFORD MAGIC

Keep your chin up mm.

Money lost nothing lost, confidence lost everything lost.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight Connector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 2:58pm
JMAC!!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 3:20pm
Creatures of habit.

Adel R 5 # 9 SIMPATICO $12

t/d  16:6-2-3.

Yet to win above BM60 though.
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by Straight Connector Straight Connector wrote:

JMAC!!

Cheating P O s
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight Connector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

Originally posted by Straight Connector Straight Connector wrote:

JMAC!!

Cheating P O s

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 4:08pm
Backed off the map R3 Warwick Farm = Tinkermosa ..   Close 2nd .

A "Tom" special and it showed in the Market ...   I must give him his well earned =    He's Bluddy Good.   ( wonder if JMac got on too )
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 4:11pm
Great to have him back. Now has the tri from 3 rides. 1-3-2

See Dunn has lined him up for Care To Think next week. Smart move with a view to Straddie presumably?
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 4:18pm
One horse EW for me today. (7c deductions.)

Warwick Farm R4
Win or Place
10. Laussel @ 7.00
Warwick Farm R4
Win or Place
10. Laussel @ 2.25

I started with nothing and still have most of it left
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 4:25pm
Backing Celtic Love at Warwick Farm race 5. $12 fixed. Watch it's last run. Got blocked in and it's momentum was taken away. Had to start again and wasn't too bad to the line. Jaunty at $5 today was also in that race and all being equal l think Celtic Love beats it home that day. Happy to play Celtic Love. Underrated trainer Marc Conners.
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 4:51pm
That Desert Lord does so much wrong. If he ever puts it altogether he'll be a serious horse.
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by MJB MJB wrote:

Backing Celtic Love at Warwick Farm race 5. $12 fixed. Watch it's last run. Got blocked in and it's momentum was taken away. Had to start again and wasn't too bad to the line. Jaunty at $5 today was also in that race and all being equal l think Celtic Love beats it home that day. Happy to play Celtic Love. Underrated trainer Marc Conners.

Rachael Murray

What was that crap?

She was in a great spot and then she just lets everyone slide around her.

Should have been in the finish. Probably wins with a capable jockey.

Prince of Penzance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 5:19pm

Rachael Murray

What was that crap?

You love jockey bagging don’t you... seems to be a daily occurrence.
If it’s such a problem, maybe you shouldn’t back them
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 5:25pm
Give us a break PoP

I do my balls and then l gotta cop it off you? Go away.

Watch the race and you'll understand. If you don't understand then you don't have much of an idea.

Remember, l'm not getting personal. You're allowed to spew about a bad ride. As long as you don't cross that line.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 5:32pm
Bagging a ride is different from bagging a jockey. They get off lightly all things considered.

Looking forward to seeing the progressive Weona Nicconi at SC at 4pm. Big fella with a bit of quality about him 

DVD reckons he's a Qld Guineas chance if he keeps progressing. Price is nuts but worth a bo-peep
Heavenly Glow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavenly Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 5:37pm
Painted Lady and Gay Time Girl are both good long shot chances in the next.
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

Bagging a ride is different from bagging a jockey. They get off lightly all things considered.

Looking forward to seeing the progressive Weona Nicconi at SC at 4pm. Big fella with a bit of quality about him 

DVD reckons he's a Qld Guineas chance if he keeps progressing. Price is nuts but worth a bo-peep

Looks a good one.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

Impressive again. Does need to sort out his slow starting to be competitive with the better ones of his age.
Prince of Penzance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 6:39pm

Give us a break PoP

Watch the race and you'll understand. If you don't understand then you don't have much of an idea.

Remember, l'm not getting personal. You're allowed to spew about a bad ride. As long as you don't cross that line.

Every day I log in here, I see you continually bagging bad rides.
Not once have I seen you post about a good ride.
Sneck View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by Prince of Penzance Prince of Penzance wrote:

Rachael Murray

What was that crap?

You love jockey bagging don’t you... seems to be a daily occurrence.
If it’s such a problem, maybe you shouldn’t back them
His critique is spot on.
Horrible ride and I'm pretty sure it was a moral beat.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 7:16pm
Waller and Weir win 9 between them.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 9:03pm

Give us a break PoP

Can't say that's the case for me, so it's possibly your fault LOL
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 10:19pm

Give us a break PoP

That's strange. I suggest you go through my post history. I've praised good rides many times. Actually, l'll save you the trouble and copy a couple of them for you now...

"Wasn't a bad run. Not far away at all. Pretty good ride from the young lass too."

"I Boogi 4th. I'm sacking it after that run. The kid rode it an absolute treat."

Also, check out the Kiwia thread. I think l was the only one to back up Rawiller when everyone was roasting him for that ride at Caulfield. I said he did nothing wrong.

I call things how l see it. I'm not biased either way. If you don't like my posts l'm sure there's a way to block them out.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 10:46pm
lol MJB ....      Your too civilised .
Tell her to get stuffed.
 Post Reply Post Reply