Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Saturday Racing Blog May 12 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

Amazing price Moss Trip on the back of the course record run at Randwick last start.    Won like a smart horse.

Her sectionals were super last time Macca and the way the race was run played perfectly for her. Was very happy when Avdulla was back there, even happier when I saw she hadn't lost the devestating tirn of hoof. Wasn't interested at $2.90 but Crown bet $3.80/4.40 boosted late so had to go again. Paraded super I thought.

Gives a leg up for Osborne Bulls with the track being fair to those down the outside .   Good track Scone.

Yes Scone usually gives horses their chance. Today with the wind especially cover looks a HUGE plus if not essential.

Fair pointer to Dyslexic later although she's not favoured by the weights.
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by MJB MJB wrote:

Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

3/5 lame, MJB.

Yep fair enough. Obviously have to forgive.

Doesn't help the punters who launched into the $1.90. Amazing how many shorties are found to be lame/irregular heart rhythm etc etc.

So much can go wrong.

AND - they appeared to go at a solid clip early into that wind. Of the leaders only Nic's Vendetta with the postage stamp weight held on. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 4:52pm
RKing must get time for Resin ride. Nearly caused the roughie to fall.

Bartley was quite upbeat about the winner In Good Time earlier this week, albeit cautious about the class rise. Owners must be loving it.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 4:54pm
I wish Tracey Bartley had kept his horse at home today.

She Knows = $13 was one we dream about .    No place saver either .
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 4:59pm
You and me both Macca.

She Knows was the best split in my quaddie. I didn't have the winner.
Heavenly Glow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavenly Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 5:11pm
Houtzen now to be ridden back. Well there goes that.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 5:19pm

I wish Tracey Bartley had kept his horse at home today.

She Knows = $13 was one we dream about .    No place saver either .

Feel for you Macca. Had a few like that a couple of weeks ago. Super run.
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by Heavenly Glow Heavenly Glow wrote:

Houtzen now to be ridden back. Well there goes that.
really? there goes a lot of speed in the race -  that sort of hands the run of the race to redzel
Straight Connector View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight Connector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 5:28pm
Take a bow Rachel King.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 5:29pm
Collett was horrible on Invincible Gem there. 5 wide and sat there. 

Nice win by the Bull but that's not Qld carnival form at first blush is it?
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 5:30pm
Well done to the Osborne Bulls backers. She rode for luck and she got it. You wouldn't take $2 about that though. Other days she won't get the required luck.

Firsthand flopped. He's better than that. Just didn't put in today.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 5:31pm
Random fun fact:

Lord Durante (Caulf R7) is the Darren Gauci Handicap.
Last jockey to win on that horse, was  Darren Gauci.
6 of the horses 9 wins have been ridden by Gauci.
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 5:33pm

Collett was horrible on Invincible Gem there. 5 wide and sat there. 

Nice win by the Bull but that's not Qld carnival form at first blush is it?

Check out his ride on New Tipperary yesterday. Disgraceful. That was the start of my current bad run!

Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 5:37pm
Wendy Kelly fined $1000
She accidentally loaded the wrong horse on the float, so Gibbon has been left behind and won’t run today
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 5:37pm
I don't want the Osborne Bulls race over .       Tom's special too by the way ... That's 3 from 3 . He's good.
    Rides like that are bad for my Dikki Tikka.
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 5:44pm
After watching the race again, l gotta say Invincible Gem was a moral beaten. With a half decent ride he beats the Bull.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 5:46pm
Is $2.68 REDZEL stealing money or what.

Has to win around this saucer track.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 5:54pm
Holy shyte. Pity I didn't take any notice of my comment about TClark above LOL. Luckily had no interest in the race.
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 5:54pm
Le Romain was massive.

As for Redzel, not good enough. The roughie that kicked up wasn't helping it but you gotta expect pressure in these races.

It's lost a length this prep.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 5:57pm

Holy shyte. Pity I didn't take any notice of my comment about TClark above LOL. Luckily had no interest in the race.

No peace for Redzel ...   was gone early ...    English has run some smart races in it's day .   No real surprise.
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 6:01pm
Small bet Shazee Lee at 15's. Well weighted v the horses who also come out of that Hawkesbury race.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 6:02pm
Surprised me Macca, and anyone who has backed her in recent times I'd suggest. Obviously needs a wet track these days. Got the plumb run. Redzel no excuse. 
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 6:05pm
Questions (2) Would Impending had of won IF it was the old distance of 1350?
                        Did Le Romain " clock of " when Collett lost near side rein at the 50m.mark when beaten a head by Trapeze Artist? just curious, I say yes to both lol.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

Okay I’ve found one that I’m keen on out in the Bush.
Donald race 6. Jittery Jack

Trotted in on debut at his home course of Kerang at Easter time at nice odds.
Stepped up to BM64 at Echuca last time out, and managed to run 3rd to Weir horse SilentZ, who absolutely flew home, and did the same again at Sandown on Wedneaday when winning impressively.
The horse that ran 2nd was Watchdog who has run some reasonable races for Godolphin.

This horse should simply be winning today, I reckon he could make the grace and be a nice country performer when he gets more experience.

4yo by Desert King, should handle the wet.

I also want to say a big congratulations to Neil Dyer and his team. One of my favourite horses, BEL SIR is having his 100th start today, no doubt a prep run enroute to Darwin.

I was able to get $9 thanks to some boosts and specials with three different corps....
Stuck the rails and only just pipped by one on the outside fence....

MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 6:10pm
My horse scratched at the gates. I think that's a sign. Don't bet anymore.

Congrats to the poster who tipped Siren's Fury!
Rhino View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 6:13pm
Ada you are a legend.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Questions (2) Would Impending had of won IF it was the old distance of 1350?
                        Did Le Romain " clock of " when Collett lost near side rein at the 50m.mark when beaten a head by Trapeze Artist? just curious, I say yes to both lol.

Possibly Carioca, although LR is much better suited at 1350m also. I'd have backed him even over 1300m today with the wet.  

LR was awfully unlucky in the All Aged and I say that as a TA backer on the day.
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 6:26pm
Dark Dream has been backed in like it's unbeatable. Big go.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 6:28pm
Lol so much for the champ Furrion. Weir stable knew. Wonder how Lucky For All would have gone at Doomben today. Very well on that win.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 6:30pm

Lol so much for the champ Furrion. Weir stable knew. Wonder how Lucky For All would have gone at Doomben today. Very well on that win.

Would’ve trotted in
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>