Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Tom Waterhouse. Is he serious???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 15>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

It is all strange.     I would have thought this venture would be below his standards in the game.   Tipping the obvious to a few desperates.
    One must admit he has started with a rush ,   I know of 11 winners he's tipped in 2 weeks, with some to $8.   
   Masters of Marketing and as suggested, his base would be growing very fast.
Robbie backed the punters show and sold his tips for a week before he was told it wasn't allowed given his bookmakers license.
I'm not surprised Tom is doing this.
Atreus View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atreus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 9:42pm
Tom is just being realistic.  In the last few years there have been large increases in the charges on fixed odds betting.  Before V'Landys came along the fee for fixed odds betting was 1% for years and years.  Then he comes along and increases the fee several times over.  Now the Point of Consumption Tax is coming in and will send taxes and charges on fixed odds betting to all time highs

With so much money being ripped out of the game by race clubs and government it will be much harder to show a profit as a punter or a bookie.  So I can understand why you would get out of the game and just become a tips seller
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by pnclick pnclick wrote:

Hope you weren't on the ones sent out today Macca.

NO mate . My own 4 showed some profit ... I believe he had 3 seconds 2 unp.    So he is Human after all .    His special beaten in a photo.

I don't Subscribe to his tips , but the news travels quickly. Appears he favours Lightly raced 3 & 4 Y/O's with high win/place percentages.
That is a method older than me .
All about money management really , the selection can come out of a hat.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 11:03pm
Cant believe people actually pay these blokes for tips ????   
I can loose my money just as well by myself thanks. 
animals before people.
pnclick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnclick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 11:08pm
Yes 3 very close seconds, and a couple of down the tracks. I got the 'free' email this morning, and had a look at them, didn't bet, just noted what was sent.

Agree... Money management THE most important, and probably least understood, aspect of betting. 
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by pnclick pnclick wrote:

Yes 3 very close seconds, and a couple of down the tracks. I got the 'free' email this morning, and had a look at them, didn't bet, just noted what was sent.

Agree... Money management THE most important, and probably least understood, aspect of betting. 

We can understand why our famous Kerry Packer Broke/Retired quite a few of the Rails Bookmakers some years ago .
He was probably betting to about .000001 percent of his punting Bank and with gradual increase of stake through a bad trot he shattered them when the cycles went in his favour.
We Punters don't want to learn , We are in self destruct mode 24/7.
Over betting in relation to available Bank , Chasing losses , Having far too many bets , =   All add up to no hope.
I have no doubt Tom Waterhouse will show a profit,   and not on horses like his Mothers, ENGLISH ( which he didn't tip ).
It will be on these better performed younger gallopers ,early in their careers while they are meeting classes well below what they will reach.
He won't be tipping them when that point arrives.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 12:49pm
Why would anyone get tips from a bookie? It's there job to TAKE your money
Sneck View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

I'm sure Tom wants to win for an ego boost if nothing else. 
This is probably the B+ set at worst until he establishes himself.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 12:53am
Originally posted by Sneck Sneck wrote:

Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

I'm sure Tom wants to win for an ego boost if nothing else. 
This is probably the B+ set at worst until he establishes himself.

Can you imagine the base he is building , for whatever he does in the future ..      That alone would sell for a fortune.
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 1:32pm
Why?

He built a big base, couldn't make money sold out to W Hill.

They had a bigger base and also couldn't make money, and sold out to crownbet.

A base is needed to generate revenue,but just having a base doesn't automatically generate revenue.
Then you need a model that generates more revenue than it costs.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 2:01pm
They spend big money to lure people into their web ( Bookmakers )

Tom's lists would have exploded with the success he had in his first few weeks .        . He will sell when the price is right.
SHOVHOG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHOVHOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 2:18pm
We paid Aspinall/Greaves racing for years and made some good money out of the sheets.
" In gambling the many must lose in order for the few to win"
pnclick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnclick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 6:06pm
Latest from Tom: 

Gold and Emerald members of TomWaterhouse.com are invited this Saturday to the Chairman’s Club at Royal Randwick - my shout.

I’ll be at HQ with my Platinum members betting up, so Gai Waterhouse and Adrian Bott are kindly hosting. 12 tickets available - first in first served

Can we get photos of who is with Tom on Saturday?

ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 4:44pm
Thought Id share my experience with this service for anyone interested (possibly no one )

A couple of months ago I signed up for his free bronze package where he sends his best bet of the day each Saturday. Pretty much no commentary around the race, suggested bet size or rated price, just the venue, race number & horse name.

First 4 selections lost – all were favourite which doesn’t really bother me. After this I got an email offer for a free week of the early mail package – usually $99.95 per week. He sends several selections on a Thursday afternoon for Saturdays races with selection notes, best price currently available and number of units to have on.

As many may know I don’t bother following racing too closely these days as my interests have moved to sports etc. A couple of days after getting the free early mail offer, I paid $24.95 for the gold package for Derby day. Did this basically to give myself half a chance of not being totally wiped when I was at Flemington. He sends a dozen or so selections for Saturday all across Australia with notes and suggested bet size. Also got sent the same deal for Cup day & Oaks day included in this price.

Selections performed very well and I am up significantly from them which I guess probably isn’t a huge surprise. Maybe I caught them on an extremely good week, who knows.

Because I am so out of the loop regarding form, I would probably pay again next time I go to the track (likely to be who knows when)

Positives: he obviously has the form worked out extremely well and the races mapped perfectly so will generally get a good run for your money with a good percentage of the selections. No idea where these sets of selections rate in terms of extracting value but I can see them being clearly profitable over time.

Negatives: a lot of his selections shorten in the market so you need to be quick. In particular the early mail sent on Thursday seems to be immediately crunched. You need to be monitoring your email constantly and then getting bets on straight away. His results are based on the best price available so would be very hard to replicate yourself.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

Why?

He built a big base, couldn't make money sold out to W Hill.

They had a bigger base and also couldn't make money, and sold out to crownbet.

A base is needed to generate revenue,but just having a base doesn't automatically generate revenue.
Then you need a model that generates more revenue than it costs.

The women founder and CEO of Bet365 has a good model for extracting cash from mug punters. Net worth 6 billion. Pays herself $384 million a year salary. She is little Tom's idol.Big smile
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 4:59pm

His best bet freeby, has won about 12 0f the last 14 (I think )

I recall when it was 9 from 10.

Edited by Gay3 - 27 Nov 2018 at 5:50pm
jimbob04 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbob04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2018 at 3:40pm
anyone here use there service, gold package looks good money back if no profit
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2018 at 4:38pm
Please use the 'search' when starting new threads jimbob Smile

Edited by Gay3 - 12 Dec 2018 at 4:39pm
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Straight arrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight arrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 10:28am
When you sign up? Does it come with any guarantees?? I can't believe people can sucker others into these schemes!! At least is there a discount on losing months/ weeks? Like he would be wanting a rebate back on his losing bets. Does he do the same ?
marscay View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marscay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 11:28am
What a rort but good luck to him tbh if it's working.

Nothing like a family name in this game.
diomed View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diomed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 9:15am
Ready to go pro?
Ready to go broke. Wink
jimbob04 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbob04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 9:41am
money back if have a losing month no other betting service offers this might give them a crack

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 6:20pm
   Tom is claiming good win percentages on all his levels of paid subscriptions ,          BUT        The old chestnut.

His wins are calculated on best price bet after he releases his selections .     Meaning if you take 6/4 something that goes to 5/1 , your on a much different price to what he's claiming.
   NO ONE can achieve those best odds on every selection , so SCAM results being advertised.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2018 at 7:51pm
Tom's value bets showed 40% profit today .       Helped by one he claims 27/1 about that started $15.   Another he claims $7 about (SP 3.20)

SICKENING these scammers.       

All we have to do it appears, is get the big overs .    Too Easy.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2018 at 8:39pm

Tom's value bets showed 40% profit today .       Helped by one he claims 27/1 about that started $15.   Another he claims $7 about (SP 3.20)

When he sends out the tips the prices quoted are correct. So there is no real problem claiming these prices IMO. The problem is that to get the price you need to be hovering over your email inbox ready to bet immediately. Any delay and you will often miss the price because they are regularly backed in substantially.

As I mentioned when I reviewed the service, I can see them being marginally profitable for the regular user but it will be almost impossible to get the profit percentages quoted.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2018 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

When he sends out the tips the prices quoted are correct. So there is no real problem claiming these prices IMO. The problem is that to get the price you need to be hovering over your email inbox ready to bet immediately. Any delay and you will often miss the price because they are regularly backed in substantially.

As I mentioned when I reviewed the service, I can see them being marginally profitable for the regular user but it will be almost impossible to get the profit percentages quoted.

Impossible to get near his prices with the following he would have.
With Your know how & experience E & E   You may, do as you say , but most punters don't have accounts or access to many outlets. Few Corporates take much from winning punters before limiting or banning them.

IMHO SP is the only true guide to tipping results.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2018 at 9:04pm

Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

Impossible to get near his prices with the following he would have.
With Your know how & experience E & E   You may, do as you say , but most punters don't have accounts or access to many outlets. Few Corporates take much from winning punters before limiting or banning them.

IMHO SP is the only true guide to tipping results.

Can’t argue with that. It all makes it very hard to replicate his figures. But as I say, from what I saw on the one week of gold package I paid for, I could see it being marginally profitable.

For me not really following the sport at all anymore, the selections were perfect. I went to Derby day with no idea of the form and it would have been a bloodbath otherwise.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 8:54am
Tom Has published his Results and prices for the 12 months he has been in operation = TIPPING .

He is honest enough to show where his tips at SP are losing.
However , ( The Usual )    BEST PRICE BET around the world is showing profit.
( HOW MANY followers get on at these best prices bet in the days leading up to the race).
I see it as an admission that he is creating a superb trading opportunity for himself .
------------------
   Yesterdays winning day ( hahahaha )   2 won from 4   , One started 1.95 , the other 1.70 ...    His top prices claimed were $2.25 + $2.10.

Other prices claimed during his "winning " period were up to 150% better prices than SP, on almost all bets .

CALL IT WHAT YOU LIKE ....     
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 9:19am
I doubt many get on at the best price claimed as you would need to be ready to go the moment the tips come through. But also most everyone will be getting on at much better than SP as well. Eg yesterdays losing free best bet - I got on at 2.7 about half an hour after the email came through. It started odds on.

True results for anyone paying will be somewhere in the middle - much better than SP but not what he claims.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 9:24am
Also not hard to see how the early mail package would have been up 18% yesterday as claimed. He only gives 4 or 5 tips in that package with bet size suggestions as well. No idea what the bet sizes were but given the two winners were short it’s quite likely the other selections were smaller bets.

The gold and silver package lost yesterday reading between the lines of the email.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 15>