Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

LYME AWARENESS MONTH

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LYME AWARENESS MONTH
    Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 7:21pm
I am raising awareness of Lyme (like) illness in partnership with the Lyme Disease Association of Australia (LDAA). Did you know that a bullseye rash (Erythema Migrans) is a sign of Lyme disease?
In the US, if a patient presents with a bullseye rash after a tick bite, it is part of the diagnostic criteria. In Australia many patients are told that their bullseye rash after a tick bite is ‘ring worm’ or ‘nothing to worry about’ when in fact the complete opposite is true. What’s even more scary is that ONLY approx 50% of people infected with Lyme (like) illness get a rash!
Rashes do not always present as a perfect bullseye. Solid rashes & solid spreading rashes without a distinct centre, can also indicate a Lyme disease infection. Furthermore, many patients do not develop a rash at all, nor remember a bite.😧
Each year thousands of Australians are denied treatment for Lyme (like) disease, with most left with no support. Patients are refused appointments with Infectious disease doctors, turned away from hospitals, ignored, vilified & told their positive test results are ‘false positives’.😥
Please SHARE the bullseye rash picture & pass on this message. It may just save a life.
The LDAA are establishing urgent initiatives to find answers fast & they need your help.

To make a much-appreciated donation to the LDAA you can visit here www.GiveLDAA.today or join in the fun & download a virtual bullseye rash here https://lymediseasemappingproject.org/profilepic/ldaa/
Thank you so much for helping me alert people to the dangers of ticks in Australia.😀
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 7:23pm
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 7:24pm
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 7:26pm
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 7:43pm
 Post Reply Post Reply