Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Autumn Sun

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 22>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

Still good enough to win but he's not a big fan of the heavy going
   Trap Track conditions. Anything can happen.

I hope Winx doesn't have to get too wide.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

Will need to see the replay and he might have been unlucky but that looked poor from Oliver on Chapala. Should’ve just about won.

I thought he rode the horse okay Judge, but he just got held up by some horses who were going backwards, while his stablemate and TAS had the run around the outside.

Both Mornoeys were great derby trials!

TAS might be a champion but at least when Octagonal was winning by a pimple in the autumn, he was beating an Australian Cup winner, a VRCDerby winner and Filante.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 2:45pm
If nothing else he’s given us some excitement this autumn.

Coming from a long way back to win the Randwick Guineas & then getting into a dogfight today to win the Rosehill Guineas.....both very exciting events.

I hope he’s not retired this campaign. I do think he’d get torched by Winx in a QE Stks, so I’d love to see him spell, then return for the spring:

1. Warwick Stks
2. Chelmsford Stks
3. George Main Stks
ChrisB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 2:46pm
Mystic Journey would give TAS windburn.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 2:47pm
It would be financial suicide to race TAS another season.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

It would be financial suicide to race TAS another season.

Agreed. They won’t risk the loss of millions.
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Straight arrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight arrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 2:58pm
Very hard to mark this horse? He is a winner!! You sometimes find blinkered horses don't come away from the pack, unless there very superior. Like Caulfield G ? But u find no matter what they throw at them they keep winning! He maybe that horse? But hard to be exact
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 2:58pm
Well there's one thing he's got in spades that's guts, but the fillies aside he's the best of an ordinary lot of colts and geldings, they'll squeeze the last drop out of this lemon ( hype wise) but to compare him with the Queen at WFA .....dreamers, but dreams are free.
Straight arrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight arrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 3:05pm
Agree he will get very good press !! I'm sure some under table deals will be getting done on tv stations and radio
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by Lord Hybrow Lord Hybrow wrote:

If nothing else he’s given us some excitement this autumn.

Coming from a long way back to win the Randwick Guineas & then getting into a dogfight today to win the Rosehill Guineas.....both very exciting events.

I hope he’s not retired this campaign. I do think he’d get torched by Winx in a QE Stks, so I’d love to see him spell, then return for the spring:

1. Warwick Stks
2. Chelmsford Stks
3. George Main Stks

No chance he's a racehorse in the spring.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 3:19pm
Anther over priced over hyped stallion.
We should have a royal commission into the studs
Glencoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glencoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 3:33pm
Determined but shows DOURNESS
Great in a racehorse but a no-no for an Oz Sire
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 3:37pm
You’re probably right Afros.

It is a shame though that his racing career is deemed less important than his future stud career.

Does the world really need yet another Redoutes Choice stallion? There must be already 40 or 50 to choose from. So no we don’t.

Does the sport need classy, talented racehorses to provide some depth in our feature races? In light of Winx’s impending retirement, yes we do.
correctweight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote correctweight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 5:29pm
Isn't even in the same postcode as Mystic journey yet alone winx
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 5:38pm
Very lucky that MC was LS......MC is a far better horse than Arrogant, especially on rain effected.
kavg View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kavg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 6:13pm
If he has another race it will be interesting to see whether he goes Doncaster or Derby. Pretty obvious he will avoid Winx in QE.

I was of the opinion that he would be too dour if he went Rosehill guineas and then came back to mile of Doncaster as his pedigree suggests 2000-2400m. He did look dour today so I am even more convinced that he will be looking for further.

Or is todays fighting run because he is actually more a miler and that freshening him up will have him cherry ripe for the Doncaster? Hard for me to guess but he is pretty short for the Doncaster against some hardened milers with a turn of foot. He is lucky though that Mystic Journey isn't around.
Prejudice is an emotional attachment to ignorance.
DiEM25 for the world.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 7:51pm
Yes she is lighter on her feet for one thing.  He's not built for the mud - and that was what turned up today.  Before the turn a very wet section really did alot of horses in.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 7:54pm
He did run 1-33+ for the Guineas at Randwick over a mile but he was under heavy weather before the turn and he had the race made to order for him, I cannot for the life of me see this horse as a Doncaster horse , imo he can't mix it with serious milers, others will no doubt disagree so feel free to shoot me down .
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 7:58pm
I keep saying he's bred for the Derby but I think the weather is here to stay.  There is no way he'll go 2400m in the wet after that run.  It was like Northerly and Freemason.  He's a big lad and needed every bit of his strength to get there.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 7:58pm
Rather reminds me of Lonhro, though he raced far longer than will TAS.
ChrisB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 8:18pm
Like Lonhro
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 8:22pm
Lonhro rarely won by a clear margin, indeed at least a dozen times by less than a neck.

Not saying TAS is in his class, simply saying they both FOUND THE LINE when the going got tough.
ChrisB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by correctweight correctweight wrote:

Isn't even in the same postcode as Mystic journey yet alone winx

Correct weight.

ChrisB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 8:25pm
Well let's talk about the Mudgee horse that is like Lonnhro who finds the line......

He has never had it tough by racing against nothing. Hence why he will be retired before he does.
Paul Hogan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Hogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by Glencoe Glencoe wrote:

That does not make any sense to me. His group 1 win over 1600 metres he ran 1.33.7.
'That is not Dour', that is the exact opposite that is Flying.

His last Win over 2000 metres was on a heavy 8. Maybe where the impression of Dourness comes from.
Paul Hogan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Hogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 8:31pm
He Won a Group 1 at 1400 metres, imo that is good enough for the Aus Market.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by Paul Hogan Paul Hogan wrote:

Originally posted by Glencoe Glencoe wrote:

That does not make any sense to me. His group 1 win over 1600 metres he ran 1.33.7.
'That is not Dour', that is the exact opposite that is Flying.

His last Win over 2000 metres was on a heavy 8. Maybe where the impression of Dourness comes from.

He is flying at the end of his races but it takes all of the runway to take off. Got no ping.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 8:40pm
Thanks Hoges for some reality.

ChrisB's above post suggests he knows bugger all or has had too much to drink.  Suspect both cases might apply for an apparent troll such as he appears.

Bottom line: Lonhro almost always won in a close finish when often appearing beaten.  TAS the same.  
Not comparing them per se, just identifying the similarities.  

Ok TAS hasn't won in open company, which certainly lessens his racing legacy somewhat.  But then again he's lost just once in 9 starts which ain't quite shabby.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Thanks Hoges for some reality.

ChrisB's above post suggests he knows bugger all or has had too much to drink.  Suspect both cases might apply for an apparent troll such as he appears.

Bottom line: Lonhro almost always won in a close finish when often appearing beaten.  TAS the same.  
Not comparing them per se, just identifying the similarities.  

Ok TAS hasn't won in open company, which certainly lessens his racing legacy somewhat.  But then again he's lost just once in 9 starts which ain't quite shabby.

What. Lonhro had explosive acceleration and most of his wins were by good margins I I see no resemblance to TAS. If anything he reminds me of Octagonal.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 8:55pm
Each to their own memory Tlaz.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 22>