Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Autumn Sun

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 22>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 3:38pm
All Aged Stakes for an open age WFA win.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 3:46pm
The thing I am looking for is who will challenge him.

Gem Song would of added some depth to the quality there, but Aramayo looked average at Caulfield, the horses he beat in the Rose and Guineas have not come back and screamed they have improved.

I would not be surprised if they retire him after the Randwick Guineas.

For him to go to stud and be given a high fee off his group 1 wins against what looks to be questionable 3yo's is not great for me.

At least Redoutes had to race Testa Rossa, and Commands and he won a open wfa group 1 against a high quality sprinter in Miss Pennymoney.

The form behind him, to me looks below the average ratings for three year olds!   
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

He will well and truly too dour to win that by then.
reductio ad absurdum
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 4:06pm
Yes he's crying out for the Derby.  Will they try?
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 4:07pm
Actually Dundeel could be doing him a favour coming out and doing well at stud.  He won the ATC Derby, Rosehill Guineas and Randwick Guineas.  
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 4:29pm
Last 600 was 34.66 on a Soft 7 and he came from last place. That was impressive enough for me. This is a 1600-2000m horse winning 1st up over 1400. He get better as he gets deeper into his prep.
ChrisB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 5:11pm
Overrated horse.

Struggled to beat (the one i backed each way) and has beaten nothing.

It didn't go in Cox Plate as it would have hurt his stud value. (by being thrashed)

furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 5:31pm
to be fair ChrisB everything get thrashed at the moment by the iron mare.  She is the superior one but this one is good also and is from a superior European family which produced Azamour with 2400m and 2000m G1's to his name.  This boy is possibly even stronger on pedigree for a distance.
Red Rancher View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Rancher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 5:52pm
I thought it was a very tough and gritty win today from an almost impossible position at a distance short of his best. Will benefit a lot for his next run.
ChrisB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by furious furious wrote:

to be fair ChrisB everything get thrashed at the moment by the iron mare.  She is the superior one but this one is good also and is from a superior European family which produced Azamour with 2400m and 2000m G1's to his name.  This boy is possibly even stronger on pedigree for a distance.

Of course Winx would thrash him.

I think Benbatl and Humidor would have also hence my comment.

You may be right. But until goes in some top quality races which he keeps avoiding (and not struggling to beat benchmark horses in poor races like today) I see nothing special about him.
ChrisB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 7:17pm
Great young horse sure. I'd love to own him!

Special? Not in the slightest. WFA will sort him out very quickly and then off to stud.
ChrisB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 7:18pm
That's if they dare put him in WFA.

Which i doubt tbh as too big a risk.
Speediskey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 7:54pm
You guys do realise he lost when resuming last prep? Clearly going to be near unbeatable this prep besides Winx
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 8:00pm
Beat nothing today, and form through the Caulfield Guineas is dreadful. I'd love to see him against Hawkshot and Ringerdinding (have a look at his last 100 today) this Autumn but that's not going to happen- two "Guineas" in two weeks.Ouch
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 8:01pm
He was trapped first up last time.  That's the only reason he was beaten.
Sullenberger View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sullenberger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 9:09pm
Loser
Sullenberger View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sullenberger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by ChrisB ChrisB wrote:

Overrated horse.

Struggled to beat (the one i backed each way) and has beaten nothing.

It didn't go in Cox Plate as it would have hurt his stud value. (by being thrashed)

start again .....loser
Glencoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glencoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 10:24pm
It would be just plain common sense to retire this horse after his 3yo campaign simply because our industry does not support dour staying sires. If I owned him I would worry about him showing dourness as a 4yo.
That might be where the money is for racehorses but it is not for stallions in Oz
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

He will well and truly too dour to win that by then.

6 weeks between the Randwick Guineas and the All Aged Stakes, plenty of time to freshen him for 1400.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 10:57pm
You guys are all absolutely insane, he was running near 11 second furlongs the last 600 on a soft 7, horses can only go so bloody fast.

He will not be beaten by any horse bar Winx this prep without insanely bad luck.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 11:02pm
Besides the very last race over 1100m, The Autumn Sun ran a quicker last 600 than every other horse on the card today. 33.93 last 600 over 1400m on a Soft 7.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by Speediskey Speediskey wrote:

Besides the very last race over 1100m, The Autumn Sun ran a quicker last 600 than every other horse on the card today. 33.93 last 600 over 1400m on a Soft 7.

And how many good horses were on the card today? Asking for a friend.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 11:13pm
Cool, so you don't rate him. You're wrong.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 11:18pm
I think he's a terrific colt. But I won't be suckered in by the usual stallion bullsh1t. Who's the best horse he's beaten? Zousain?
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 11:59pm
Winner of $2.5 million,   6 of 7 and still we knock them.

The early sectionals weren't in his favour today but he got the job done.

Appears to be in need of further.   

I should have been a Brain Surgeon ...   Much easier than form study ---day after day , plus Surgeons make less mistakes. Marginally.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 1:24am
The horse he beat yesterday could well be pretty bloody good.

reductio ad absurdum
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 4:24pm
Wow wow wow wow wow
crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 4:24pm
Wowzers
This space has been intentionally left blank
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 4:25pm
Ran 1.33.   geez
Long Row View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Long Row Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 4:25pm
Visually one of the best wins I’ve ever seen.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 22>