Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Autumn Sun

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 22>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2018 at 2:11pm
He sounded like an absolute goose. Gave no decent answers, lots of garbage about thew horse telling us, no firm plans or directions, just lots of hypotheticals and motherhood statements about the horse, Waller, the owner and everyone else.

Do yourself a favour and ignore anything that bloke says. Only two people matter in this equation: Waller and the owner. Waller will largely get his way, but I have no doubt the horse will land in the Australian Derby if by then a stud hasn't bought him. If a stud has bought him by then, he won't go near a Derby.

In the meantime he will go to the Guineas without a doubt. What happens beyond then is anyone's guess.
Sunline...simply supreme
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2018 at 2:13pm
No good thing in Caulfield Guineas, not if they run it at Caulfield.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2018 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

Do yourself a favour and ignore anything that bloke says. Only two people matter in this equation: Waller and the owner. Waller will largely get his way, but I have no doubt the horse will land in the Australian Derby if by then a stud hasn't bought him. If a stud has bought him by then, he won't go near a Derby.

Having won a 2yo group 1 race and the Golden Rose it does not matter if he wins a Melbourne Cup and a Ascot Gold Cup and Aintree Grand National.

At least it should not matter.

reductio ad absurdum
SHOVHOG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHOVHOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2018 at 2:31pm
Caulfield guineas is his only real target. He will not get back to last again that's why they had the blinkers on but from the barrier and because of the opposition they decided to go back. He will have the tactical speed to lob in the top 3 pairs and he will demolish them at 1600m.   Odds on by Racetime ? You better believe it.
" In gambling the many must lose in order for the few to win"
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2018 at 2:42pm
I find it hard to get rapt about Redoute's. Has there ever been a champion open age Redoute's? If this one turns out to be one it will be the first in my book, after a billion live foals and a gazillion in fees. But maybe my memory is gone- refresh me.

Hang on I've thought of one- Lankan Rupee.Clap

Simon Cameron

furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2018 at 3:24pm
Miss Finland came back and won as an open class 4yo.  So did Lotteria and Bonaria.  You can't blame a horse who is seen as a sire of sires when he looses them every year at the end of their three year old season.   Rock Magic is just below that top G1 sprint class but has been a very hardy horses year in and year out.

The thing is this colt is from a middle distance staying family and he shows that speed and will to win.  Probably won't have him around for long either.  But that doesn't mean he doesn't have great ability.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2018 at 11:07pm
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 10:56am
Best Golden Rose winner ever I read. Really? How do you work that one out? I don't have to go too far back in the distant past of the race to call bullsh1t on that.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 10:57am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Best Golden Rose win ever I read. Really? How do you work that one out? I don't have to go too far back in the distant past of the race to call bullsh1t on that.

Edit.

Simon Cameron

furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 11:22am
I guess he could get easily beaten in the Caulfield Guineas as he isn't a front runner so you'll still be unwilling to see what a run that was on Saturday.  Mind you the run of Thinkin' Big with the audacity to prick his ears coming to the line was also an eye opener.  Have to keep following both I think.
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 1:41pm
He's short but he wins.

Just needs luck at the right time. Can't see anything going with him once he hits top gear.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 3:25pm
All he needs is luck now. It's no guarantee, and as a result I couldn't advise people to charge into a silly price. But with even luck he wins by a couple lengths.
Sunline...simply supreme
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 7:05pm
Best horse in the race hands down, but the race has been favourable to sprinting types who can sit on the speed and kick at the 200m.

The issue is where he gets from that gate. If he can sit a little closer from the gate, he has fewer horse to get past.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 7:33pm
$1.90 favourite. They wouldn't drift too far back. 14 horse field. Maybe slightly worse than midfield.
SHOVHOG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHOVHOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 10:41am
He will be no further then 3 pairs back will hit the front at the 300 and cruise home.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 10:54am
Love to think he;s no further than 3 pairs back but I'll be stunned if he is.
Sunline...simply supreme
SHOVHOG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHOVHOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 11:04am
Waller applied the blinkers in the golden rose so he could sit close but the barrier took that out of the equation. He will be worth a bomb after this race JMAC will know the only way he gets beaten is bad luck so they will take it out of play. Having said that he's good enough to win from last but I rate Leonardo da hinchi quite highly and think playing the straight out multiples with him running second is where the value will be. Hope something rough lobs in third.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 11:50am
Gl to those who have him at a good price pre-post but I will be watching on here @1.9.
rem286 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rem286 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 12:30am
Originally posted by SHOVHOG SHOVHOG wrote:

Waller applied the blinkers in the golden rose so he could sit close but the barrier took that out of the equation. He will be worth a bomb after this race JMAC will know the only way he gets beaten is bad luck so they will take it out of play. Having said that he's good enough to win from last but I rate Leonardo da hinchi quite highly and think playing the straight out multiples with him running second is where the value will be. Hope something rough lobs in third.

Arrowfield have purchased managing interest in him.  No surprise there.  No doubt another good horse that won't see the track after his 3yo Autumn campaign
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 12:53am
He's too short now. I reckon he may drift out to evens or even longer on the day.

Imagine if this race was at Flemington. What odds would he be? If he's $1.85 at Caulfield, he'd have to be $1.40-$1.50 at headquarters.
robbo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by MJB MJB wrote:

He's too short now. I reckon he may drift out to evens or even longer on the day.

Imagine if this race was at Flemington. What odds would he be? If he's $1.85 at Caulfield, he'd have to be $1.40-$1.50 at headquarters.

Agree and I'd much rather take the $1.40 at Flemington. Caulfield has brought plenty of gun Sydney-siders undone, let alone a big-striding swooper like this bloke. He is clearly the best colt in the land and I'm still smiling after getting $8.00 the Sunday before the Golden Rose but he must be a lay tomorrow. Leo and Native Soldier look the ones.
correctweight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote correctweight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 9:48pm
Use the TAB multiplier and the 12pm lower market percentages on Friday to get around 2.10+
Gee Gee View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee Gee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 11:12am
Owners wanted to win a ATC derby. 

Doubt Arrowfield would want that now

Money talks :)  
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 11:21am
It did not stop them buying Dundeel. 
reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 11:22am
He has won his "stallion making" races, He can win an Ascot Gold Cup and a Grand National and it will not change the quality of his swimmers.

reductio ad absurdum
Speediskey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 11:42am
Yeah, definitely won't be going to a derby now.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 11:52am
I want to see him in one of the Derbies.  Look at Hyperion he won from 5f as a two year old to the Epsom Derby and St Leger S as a three year old.  Doesn't stop them being great sires.  THe important thing is they have speed.  He's proved that already.
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 1:09pm
Ladbrokes are betting 6/4 for the next hour.

Max bet is $50 which sucks but should be a collect.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 6:18pm
Super star
Speediskey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 6:20pm
Horse is an absolute freak.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 22>