Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Autumn Sun

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 22>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Autumn Sun
    Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 12:23pm
It's amazing how bad all the form around TAS is at this stage. Definitely no franking credits on his form so far.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

The single best thing you could do for racing worldwide is restrict stallions to 50 mares per season but that's mad talk.LOL
Imagine what his fee would be then?
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 9:26pm
I'm surprised that anyone is surprised that his career has gone this way, once he won the Golden Rose and Caulfield Guineas his autumn was only going to be about padding out the stud fee.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 8:30pm
90*

it's been a long day
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 8:30pm
You can have 70 if you race on at 4, 70 at 5 etc etc LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 8:11pm
The single best thing you could do for racing worldwide is restrict stallions to 50 mares per season but that's mad talk.LOL

Simon Cameron

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by Red Hare Red Hare wrote:

Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Originally posted by Jamal Jamal wrote:

This is the problem with Australian racing. This is why the depth particularly at 2000m onwards is so weak....good Colts are retired too early. This is why one horse has been able to dominate for so long...the talent pool is weakened when the good Colts go to stud.

But don't they do that o/s as well? My posts might drift back in time often but I say thank god for "the good old days" , the likes of TJ, Bart, Father Hoysted, Jack Green , and Maurice McCarten and sundry other top trainers gave the public what they wanted , that is the continual chance to see year in year out quality racing, would you ever see a champion entire come back from a 2 year convalescence today racing first up over 10 furlongs with no barrier trials against the best WFA around, I doubt it.
As fine a list of altruists as has ever been assembled LOLLOL

Hear what you're saying mate, but that lot (or ANY lot) would only change for 'the better' if 'the better' was coming their way.

Yeah times have changed Red , and so has racing , move or get left behind, we all have our opinions and they will all differ , I half expected a bucketing lol, maybe still to come.
RED HUNTER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 6:16pm
How much would BRUTAL fetch at stud ?
RED HUNTER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

To the surprise of literally no one he has been retired. Will stand for $77,000 Stern Smile

Wonder if they don't want to meet "BRUTAL" too.
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 4:01pm

This is the problem with Australian racing. This is why the depth particularly at 2000m onwards is so weak....good Colts are retired too early. This is why one horse has been able to dominate for so long...the talent pool is weakened when the good Colts go to stud.

But don't they do that o/s as well? My posts might drift back in time often but I say thank god for "the good old days" , the likes of TJ, Bart, Father Hoysted, Jack Green , and Maurice McCarten and sundry other top trainers gave the public what they wanted , that is the continual chance to see year in year out quality racing, would you ever see a champion entire come back from a 2 year convalescence today racing first up over 10 furlongs with no barrier trials against the best WFA around, I doubt it.
As fine a list of altruists as has ever been assembled LOLLOL

Hear what you're saying mate, but that lot (or ANY lot) would only change for 'the better' if 'the better' was coming their way.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 3:42pm

And this ladies and gentleman is why the breeding industry always has and always will control the racing industry!

Not only did Messara up the prizemoney of certain races with the help of V'Landys (for example the Peter Pan which morphed into the Golden Rose was a waining, long forgotten group 3 going nowhere before these two got together), but they have neglected the stayng events leading into the Sydney Cup and Metrop.

Unfortunately this has always been the case. The big stables in the 1800's were owned by the wealthy land owners especially wool and wheat) or publicans, or media owners, and it is no different now, just the occupations of the wealthy have changed.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 3:08pm

They do to a degree. Difference is there's a lot more students cred for horse that perform over longer distances in Europe. Because if that you will often see them race on as 4yos. Here they get retired as 3yos. Often before they've taken on open company.
jacko1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacko1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 2:55pm

True but if they were offered the carrots that are obtainable today for stallions do you think they would keep racing them? How many owners would turn down a payday of tens of millions. 
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 2:10pm
pnclick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnclick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 1:43pm
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 12:46pm

Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 11:25am
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 11:23am
I laugh at the price but you can be sure that if I owned even just a hoof and they came to me and said 'we're going to retire him and stand him for $77,000' I'd say yes in a heartbeat
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 11:14am
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

To the surprise of literally no one he has been retired. Will stand for $77,000 Stern Smile

Hahahahaha they’re out of their mind
to the victor
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 11:07am
I saw on social.media this morning that The Autumn Sun has been retired.
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 11:06am
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 7:08pm

Freemasons win was on GS day, I counted 9 3yo that have won it , just saying.

5.5star is the only 3yo winner I can recall in ages and he didn't start in derby or QE. In fact 5.5 is the only top 3yo I can recall even starting in Tancred in ages.

Google BMW Tlaz, the Tancred has had 4 or 5 name changes and that's where it can confuse people , Mercedes, Kia, BMW, bla bla, Grand Zulu, Occy, Stony Bay, Myocard, Bonecrusher who beat another 3yo in Rant and Rave with another 3 yo Dolcezza 4th, oh and Beau Zam, there is a few more fwiw.

As far as I can tell the only 3yos who have won the Tancred in this century - 2- did not make it to the derby. And the 3yos who did race in Tancred and derby or oaks ran poorly in the derby or oaks- Lasquetti Spirit's 5 length oaks third the best of them.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 6:53pm
Beauty Generation ran 4th I believe before heading over to HK
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by ChrisB ChrisB wrote:

Originally posted by furious furious wrote:

Oh for pete's sake.  THe Queen Elizabeth has been the best WFA 2000 race for ages.

Ah.......no.

I would back furious's knowledge against yours Chris B any day of the week.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 6:47pm
/92 /93. /95, all 3yo winners fwiw.
ChrisB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 6:46pm

Oh for pete's sake.  THe Queen Elizabeth has been the best WFA 2000 race for ages.

Ah.......no.

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 6:28pm

5.5star is the only 3yo winner I can recall in ages and he didn't start in derby or QE. In fact 5.5 is the only top 3yo I can recall even starting in Tancred in ages.

Google BMW Tlaz, the Tancred has had 4 or 5 name changes and that's where it can confuse people , Mercedes, Kia, BMW, bla bla, Grand Zulu, Occy, Stony Bay, Myocard, Bonecrusher who beat another 3yo in Rant and Rave with another 3 yo Dolcezza 4th, oh and Beau Zam, there is a few more fwiw.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 5:20pm

Simon Cameron

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by Mr Grieves Mr Grieves wrote:

Freemason wasn't a 3yo when he won it

Did I say he was?
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 3:33pm

I'm talking the year after they won the Derby and Oaks.  It a top three year old wants to run no stopping them just that the older generation should all be there.

We are the only country that runs its premier open aged 2400m race before its premier Derby.

The Derby needs to be moved to 2 or 3 weeks before the Tancred with time for horses to freshen and go for the Queen Elizabeth.

reductio ad absurdum
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 22>