Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

TIMES or CRIMES - Event Date: 21 Apr 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: TIMES or CRIMES
    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 11:20pm
WOW ..    RANDWICK TRACK on fire ...    Almost every race today was either a new Course Record or near to.
   I think they should have their electronic timing overhauled.

Horses like Tally and other Restricted Gallopers , wouldn't run these times if towed by "jet" assisted rockets.    "They are having a lend of us"

Former Champions would be turning in their graves.
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 11:38pm
Last time there was a tail wind in the straight Macca. 15-20km/h SE today might have been a factor, along with work done on the course to consolidate the surface/grass. Sectionals don't look super so any help must have been back straight/bend.

The ATC site shows a lot of 8-6-4 sub 11 sectionals which would be unusual.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 11:46pm
Only one course record - Anatola. Moss Trip close to Solicit, Tally not so - 1 sec away.

Interesting that their (GPS?) sectionals are quicker than the official time, albeit only by 0.07s : 01:08.03

24.05 [2]
34.99 [2]
45.82 [2]
56.60 [1]
01:07.96 [1]
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 11:56pm
Trapeze Artist 0.01 off Solicit. No sectionals on ATC site for the All Aged yet
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 12:10am
Pretty certain that may have been t/r, 1-20-73, only from memory last two digits, definately broke 1-21-0.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 12:52am
My mistake above. 

1:20.33 according to ATC, but no sectionals. That's a track record, 0.01 FASTER than Solicit.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 2:01am
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

My mistake above. 

1:20.33 according to ATC, but no sectionals. That's a track record, 0.01 FASTER than Solicit.

All interesting :-    I smelt a risky day and was ultra cautious ===
Got in front with a few lays early and closed shop . ( I like fillet )

Noted = 6 0f 18 favs won Sydney. Melb ...    Several we expected more of =   Cliffs Edge has travelled and had gut busters, He crumbled at his 6th run this time in .Had won 1st up so they have stuck the miles into him.
3 others Widgee Turf , Dothraki, Arbeitson were facing the music for their 7th run.   
Only 3 races at 2000m and horses won R'dwick runs 4 & 5 > Caulfield won at run 6.
To 1600 Caul 6 of 8 were won at run 3   one 2 one 4.
           Rdwick 3 at run 5 , 2 at run 3 >> 1,2,4, scored one each.

Pays to take care when they've been up awhile aye.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 1:29pm
It is unusual to be running track records for sprint distances at Randwick in late April- it used to happen in summer, before anthropogenic global warming kicked in.Wink
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 1:52pm
My take on this is , the new surface has now consolidated with a healthy root growth, months of " soft" weather and consistent even irrigation which has allowed for a friendly length/ width cutting of the grass, all this has given us a track where restricted class horse can run records, go figure.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

My take on this is , the new surface has now consolidated with a healthy root growth, months of " soft" weather and consistent even irrigation which has allowed for a friendly length/ width cutting of the grass, all this has given us a track where restricted class horse can run records, go figure.

If they find the fast lanes. Aye    Harder than finding winners is reading the tracks.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 11:18pm
Another possible Cliff's Edge type scenario coming up in the St Leger at Flem on Wed. 

6th start from spell, coming off a 36l flop in the Au Derby and they're offering $2.05-2.40 against much inferior horses.

HOWEVER - did get chopped out badly last time and did run third in the VRC Derby.

Your verdict?
RED HUNTER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 2:11am
You have to accept that most COURSE RECORDS are broken in extremely FAVOURABLE conditions to TIME

Randwick has been undergoing so much surgery over the last decade. We may have to accept further drama. 

Watch the next few years.

I heard DUFFICY say they were expecting rain that didn't come. Perhaps the decision To not irrigate(did that happen) ....LATE...caused the track to be conducive to electrifying times.

All a bunch of incredible alignment...track.....track surface....wind....
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 2:14am

Another possible Cliff's Edge type scenario coming up in the St Leger at Flem on Wed. 

6th start from spell, coming off a 36l flop in the Au Derby and they're offering $2.05-2.40 against much inferior horses.

HOWEVER - did get chopped out badly last time and did run third in the VRC Derby.

Your verdict?

AGREE.      The Horse has been blessed with miracle runs in all but one , this time in. He got chopped out but it was a dream rails run that got him there before he run out of luck.       . Gives me the impression he can't finish them off , which of course is the question ?     Is to 2000 as far as he wants to go.    All about price as a Lay .      NO WAY will I back him.
With the run he had in Ace Highs Derby he was entitled to do better.
Any pace in the St Leger and his Hemorrhoids will Haemorrhage.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 2:23am
THE RECORD BREAKING DAY

-- New South Wales -----

Meeting:Saturday 21Apr2018 Australian Turf Club
Rail:+6m 1600m -W/P, +4m RemainderPenetrometer:4.87
Weather:FineTotal Scratchings:14
Dual Track Meeting:N
Track Type:TurfTrack Rating:Good 3
General Comment:
Irrigation:2mm last 24hrs, 8mm last 7 days
Rainfall:Nil last 24hrs, 1.6mm last 7 days
Track Information:
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 2:25am
 RANDWICK previous week

New South Wales -----

Meeting:Saturday 14Apr2018 Australian Turf Club
Rail:+3m Entire CircuitPenetrometer:5.11
Weather:FineTotal Scratchings:15
Track Type:TurfTrack Rating:Good 4
General Comment:
Irrigation:2mm last 24hrs, 14mm last 7 days
Rainfall:Nil last 24hrs, 0.4mm last 7 days
Track Information:
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 2:27am
RANDWICK ..two weeks back

New South Wales -----

Meeting:Saturday 7Apr2018 Australian Turf Club
Rail:TruePenetrometer:5.09
Weather:FineTotal Scratchings:19
Track Type:TurfTrack Rating:Good 4
General Comment:
Irrigation:Nil last 24hrs, 3mm last 7 days
Rainfall:Nil last 24hrs, 0.6mm last 7 days

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 2:32am
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 2:53am
Top read Red..     The records have been falling regularly .   I think Deploy ran new figures in 2 distances some months back .   In her Time and others have been tickling records for ages now.
Good to see really but when it's due to fast lanes , the form study is more about tracks than horses.

This winter carnival in Brisbane is going to be interesting with NO Eagle farm.        . I would have a straight track down the F1 .
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 3:10am
Go to racingnsw site

and watch RANDWICK 6 last SATURDAY,won by SEABROOK

By this race, all knew the rails was RED HOT (rail out 6m ,the FAMOUS CREST they all talk about,I believe) and watch the run JASON COLLETT should have been patient  to wait for

NO CRITICISM..but if he waited on EL DORADO DREAMING for the rails,it simply WINS....SEABROOK was behind and DAMIEN OLIVER  had to go for the best part of the track( too far back,rails)

and it paid off in ACES
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 4:01am
Originally posted by RED HUNTER RED HUNTER wrote:

Go to racingnsw site

and watch RANDWICK 6 last SATURDAY,won by SEABROOK

By this race, all knew the rails was RED HOT (rail out 6m ,the FAMOUS CREST they all talk about,I believe) and watch the run JASON COLLETT should have been patient  to wait for

NO CRITICISM..but if he waited on EL DORADO DREAMING for the rails,it simply WINS....SEABROOK was behind and DAMIEN OLIVER  had to go for the best part of the track( too far back,rails)

and it paid off in ACES

I have that documented in my page for Saturday Randwick ... gem ride Oliver aye .    Those "lucky " breaks win races ,   also makes them good lays next time when their short priced and don't get the same luck in transit.
We have to face it as it is served up . Deal with the chit tracks .
Like the Doncaster win of Happy Clapper , Great win but what favours he got from the Racing Gods.     I lined up and layed him when the Champ got him into her Distance range .    Clapper doesn't shine at the 2000m
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 10:47am
macca....write this down in your book as I have just matched the brilliant times of REDZEL's (and others) CHALLENGE STAKES day to last SATURDAY

quote(same rail positioning,penetrometer not as good as on CHALLENGE STAKES day)

Rail Position: +6m 1600m-W/Post, +4m Remainder
Dual Track Meeting: N
Track Type: Turf
Track Condition: Good 4
Weather: Fine
Penetrometer: 5.19
Track Information

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 10:52am
This appears to be the RED HOT RAIL POSITIONING,providing all other elements are SWEET.

I'll leave somebody else to review the CHALLENGE STAKES meeting, to see if the RAILS(6m out) was the place to be that day..........I rarely bet SATURDAY CITY....been like that for more than 25 years.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 10:56am
Originally posted by RED HUNTER RED HUNTER wrote:

macca....write this down in your book as I have just matched the brilliant times of REDZEL's (and others) CHALLENGE STAKES day to last SATURDAY

quote(same rail positioning,penetrometer not as good as on CHALLENGE STAKES day)

Rail Position: +6m 1600m-W/Post, +4m Remainder
Dual Track Meeting: N
Track Type: Turf
Track Condition: Good 4
Weather: Fine
Penetrometer: 5.19
Track Information

The important correction...PENETROMETER not as good for times on CHALLENGE STAKES DAY (I included the extra "as" late,on reviewing,which changed the interpretation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  )
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 11:05am
Whenever they get a string of 30'+ days and little rain they will run fast times.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 11:17am
The rails was favoured Sat but it wasn't red hot. Quite a few won or went close coming down the middle. Tempo made a difference as it usually does.

Times on Challenge day weren't spectacular, nor were sectionals generally. Redzel was the exception and we all saw why - Super Too went like the clappers early. Jungle Edge seems to have been gassed by his effort there and has subsequently flopped badly twice. Perhaps instructive that Redzel also beaten at is next start by TA, and Super Too was run down at MV over 955m.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 11:32am
If we're talking very fast Tlaz then it often takes more than that. Pretty sure that Winx/Deploy had a strong tail wind in the straight the day Deploy broke the course record, and Sat there was a decent wind from the SE which possibly explains the strangely fast sectionals around the turn.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 3:03pm

If we're talking very fast Tlaz then it often takes more than that. Pretty sure that Winx/Deploy had a strong tail wind in the straight the day Deploy broke the course record, and Sat there was a decent wind from the SE which possibly explains the strangely fast sectionals around the turn.

Deploy broke the Rosehill 1300m Course record at his next run I think.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

WOW ..    RANDWICK TRACK on fire ...    Almost every race today was either a new Course Record or near to.

Horses like Tally and other Restricted Gallopers , wouldn't run these times if towed by "jet" assisted rockets.    "They are having a lend of us"

How many track records are held by top class horses ? 
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 3:25pm

Deploy broke the Rosehill 1300m Course record at his next run I think.
Broke both I think Macca.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

How many track records are held by top class horses ? 

Many are held by champions but many are not.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>