Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Saturday Racing Blog April 21 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Muss View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Saturday Racing Blog April 21 2018
    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 4:11pm
Yep agree with all that. Monday is always a great day for me. If I just bet Mondays I would be miles ahead.

Have a quick question for you guys?

Had a place bet with a corp on Sat & the horse won the race. Should have got $2.20 return best of 3 totes but the corp paid me $4.90. I assumed they would pick up the error but the money is still in my account.

Originally I thought I must have mistakenly hit it for the win but I checked & it was definitely a place. $4.90 was the win return on NSW tote. The others were $5+ & SP was $5.50 so that can’t explain it or I would have got more.

Anyone have a clue what has happened here?

Not fessing up BTW.

Keyboard Warrior
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by MJB MJB wrote:

Correct Sunline. I've been singing the same tune for a while now. Give me a Moe maiden over a Group 1. It's very hard to win in these good races. Every horse has been set for the race, they all have ability, it's usually the best ride that wins. There's not much separating those horses. And the form is well known. There's no overs to be found. No edge.

In bush races you can quickly eliminate half the field. It's just alot easier to find winners.

The problem is we can't help but love the good horses. We love the game and naturally it's fun to find the good horses early on and follow them through the grades. And visually it's alot better to the eye. Horses battling away in the bush have reached their mark and it's ugly viewing watching them. They just bob up and down in the one spot.

What do l think the best races to bet on are? Maidens. If l just bet solely on maidens l'd make a fortune. Dissecting maidens is very simple. You're just looking for the best horse. And generally the best horse will win.

You should only be betting on Maidens my friend . Managing the dollar right and your a winning gambler.
   I share your views, re the carnivals.     I backed one horse yesterday
Layed a few that would surprise the team , but that's Racing.
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 12:31pm
Just watched the replay Paleface and it was a terrific run by Bedford as he didn't appear to relish the going in the straight. Running the carnival on that dog's breakfast is going to be yet another disaster if rain is about. 
Paleface View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paleface Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 12:14pm
I am speaking through my pocket, all Bayliss had to was hook him out wide and give him the room he needed. Hard watch.  
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 4:36am
Correct Sunline. I've been singing the same tune for a while now. Give me a Moe maiden over a Group 1. It's very hard to win in these good races. Every horse has been set for the race, they all have ability, it's usually the best ride that wins. There's not much separating those horses. And the form is well known. There's no overs to be found. No edge.

In bush races you can quickly eliminate half the field. It's just alot easier to find winners.

The problem is we can't help but love the good horses. We love the game and naturally it's fun to find the good horses early on and follow them through the grades. And visually it's alot better to the eye. Horses battling away in the bush have reached their mark and it's ugly viewing watching them. They just bob up and down in the one spot.

What do l think the best races to bet on are? Maidens. If l just bet solely on maidens l'd make a fortune. Dissecting maidens is very simple. You're just looking for the best horse. And generally the best horse will win.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 2:11am
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

Shakey end to the carnival for me. I will be well placed down in grade at the country circuit in coming weeks.

Too many shockers over the carnival Sunline.   3 straight at huge odds at Caulfield earlier.
The wide open races are for smaller "value" dutching bets only.   Too much depends on the fast lanes and the luck in running.
Have you thought the same as me , in that the mid weekers are being invaded by the top Stables and that's where the good things run more to form.   Winnng their way through the lower grades . ( keeps owners Happy too = That winner feeling )

Macao without doubt. The big carnivals are fraught. Big fields, many good horses and just as manag winning chances, all horses fit and peaking, all trying. Makes for a punting nightmare.

I make most of my money midweek on the bush, provincial and metro circuit, where before they even get to the gates the majority of the field can be penned. Much rather open up the shoulders under those circumstances. So many under exposed and under bet horses too. If you do the work you reap the rewards. Carnival days are over exposed over bet horses. No edge to be found.
Sunline...simply supreme
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by Smoke and Mirrors Smoke and Mirrors wrote:

Anyone catch the run of Pleasuring first up from her let up, very good late

It appeared to be a good run but it would be nice if it was in the bloody screen so we can see it. That's my pet hate!
Smoke and Mirrors View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smoke and Mirrors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by Paul Hogan Paul Hogan wrote:

1800 858 858

Arghh, Keno numbers now your talking, fav no is 8.

If you win, I want half
"Go Hard or Go Home”
Paul Hogan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Hogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 10:37pm

1800 858 858

Arghh, Keno numbers now your talking, fav no is 8.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smoke and Mirrors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 6:55pm
Anyone catch the run of Pleasuring first up from her let up, very good late
"Go Hard or Go Home”
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 6:53pm
Backed Belle Du Nord at $31/best tote place and got a bit excited when she cruised up to them around the turn. Then Sopressa just idled by......LOL  

Weir has another SA classic in his sights on that.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smoke and Mirrors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 6:45pm
Freedman took a float load up last week.
Will have about 10 horses based there for the Winter
"Go Hard or Go Home”
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 6:42pm
I'm on shiraz in the last - not bad in with the claim and should get a soft run.
double rover with osbourne in the tri as well
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 6:35pm
What a shocking day for shorties around the country.

Anyone see Doomben race 8? Have a look at Bedford. It had plenty to offer but no where to go. What's it's target race?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smoke and Mirrors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by Sneck Sneck wrote:

1800 858 858
Do they have anyone who knows anything about gambling or just catladys?

They have people who have battled gambling that have turned themselves around
"Go Hard or Go Home”
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

Geez Cool Chap disappointing.

Was going great to the turn..       half these horses should be spelling .   hard campaigns and reach the end of their campaign.

Compare the WINX campaign plan .   No week after week, run after run.      It's hard on them and the results show where the problems are.

Yeah maybe firm tracks taking a toll too.
Sneck View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 6:28pm

1800 858 858
Do they have anyone who knows anything about gambling or just catladys?
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 6:28pm

Was going great to the turn..       half these horses should be spelling .   hard campaigns and reach the end of their campaign.

Compare the WINX campaign plan .   No week after week, run after run.      It's hard on them and the results show where the problems are.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 6:21pm
Blew the start horribly Cheeky. Didn't like him at all today but he was none after that.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 6:20pm
A looooooong time between drinks for the once promising Tally. Soft in the end. 1 win each year.
Cheeky View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheeky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 6:20pm
The 8th race in Sydney looked like a boat race J Hyeromious ride 
 was appalling needs investigation
Good Horse Good Jockey Good Bet Pittsburgh Phil
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 6:18pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smoke and Mirrors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 6:12pm
Wasn’t a bad Carnival for me, but I only have $5 bets every now and then.
"Go Hard or Go Home”
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

Shakey end to the carnival for me. I will be well placed down in grade at the country circuit in coming weeks.

Too many shockers over the carnival Sunline.   3 straight at huge odds at Caulfield earlier.
The wide open races are for smaller "value" dutching bets only.   Too much depends on the fast lanes and the luck in running.
Have you thought the same as me , in that the mid weekers are being invaded by the top Stables and that's where the good things run more to form.   Winnng their way through the lower grades . ( keeps owners Happy too = That winner feeling )

Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 5:55pm
Sunline...simply supreme
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 5:54pm

Ok here come by 2 bets I put on earlier this week - Sprightly Lass and Cool Chap

good luck ...    This track will suit Cool Chap ...      He can run time .
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 5:49pm
Ok here come by 2 bets I put on earlier this week - Sprightly Lass and Cool Chap
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smoke and Mirrors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 5:45pm
1800 858 858
"Go Hard or Go Home”
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 5:43pm
Thank heavens for the B365 SP guarantee. Totes were swamped even as he eased slightly.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by correctweight correctweight wrote:

Well there goes 10 weeks of wages for me. I quit betting. Nothing makes sense.

Do you have a plan mate...   Money management is more important than anything in the gamble.   It's just like climate,   cyclical and we have to
ride the waves = Good & bad.   NOT BLOW THE BANK ON A MAD MOMENT .   
Ten weeks wages is a lot of money ,    Smaller fish are sweetest and they are there to be picked up every month .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>