Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Bet of the Round

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 4:02pm
No flash odds with Ladbrokes!

150 or below
151-160
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Absolute twaddle Redemption. So the bookies only set an overs/unders line on a 95% heavy ground vs a 95% good ground at 2 to 8 points difference ? We are talking AFL & not NRL here are we not ? You are also a long way away from proving your case. I'm prepared to be patient

The bookies set the lines high, end of story.
For wet games, and yes, they read the BOM too, of course they do, they still set it too high.
Thats the whole point of what we are saying.
I recall as few years back, it was totally pouring in Geelong, and the bookies had the line at 172.5
I couldnt put enough money on it.

Ever so gradually, and I mean gradually, the bookies are realising their wet game lines are far too high.

Tonights game, 138.5, its still too high.

If its pouring, as expected, and the game finishes at 160, 150, etc, then do be it.
But the point is, more often than not, it finishes way below the line in a truly wet game.
Its like 95% that it will finish under the generous line in a truly wet game

AFL is the most score affected sport in the world when it comes to rain.

Its a sport than in the dry, it can be 200 points. And in the wet, it can be 100.

Breakdown the math even more.
Lets say its pouring, and the line is 140

thats 40, 40, 30, 30, each quarter

To achieve even just 40, thats 6 goals, 4 points.
Thats a goal, every 3 minutes of the game.
can it happen?
Yes, it can

But to score a goal, every 3 minutes of the game, in the rain, is HIGHLY unlikely.

If it was Blackjack, yes, we are counting the cards, the weather cards, and in worst case scenario, you can layoff the bet, if its dry, and cop a small loss.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 6:37pm
What price did you get for your 138.5?

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 6:38pm
Geezx, the conditions are really really bad
Doppler radar, wind is a whopping 90.
There is consistent rain coming, and hard rain

The line has dropped to 136.5 on william hill

thats still too high

they will be lucky to get to 100 tonight

going by what radar is doing now, maybe even struggle to get to 90.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 6:39pm
Yep, they're $1.95 for that.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 6:46pm
Lets see who can get closest to the actual game result

I will say:
Port: 63
Dogs: 42

Total: 105
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

What price did you get for your 138.5?

Hi Gay, $1.90 for the 138.5, yesterday.

Im still betting. LOL
Ive just made 3 more bets at 136.5 and Im watching radar and may keep betting at 7pm for more of the unders.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 7:15pm
TAB is also showing $2.80, for line under 125.5, so I just bet that too, simply as its a chance to almost triple outlay.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 12:31am
Originally posted by Redemption Redemption wrote:

Lets see who can get closest to the actual game result

I will say:
Port: 63
Dogs: 42

Total: 105
Final score Port 132. WB 75. Total 207
Refer ALP Election Promises
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 12:36am
Hope you managed to limit your losses Redemption.

Ended up being perfect conditions, which can happen. But basically you stood no chance which is frustrating.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 12:54am
At 5pm the weather forecast that I looked at had a " 24% precipitation" prediction. The conditions were therefore as expected.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 12:56am
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

At 5pm the weather forecast that I looked at had a " 24% precipitation" prediction. The conditions were therefore as expected.
That was for 8pm
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 1:05am
Originally posted by MJB MJB wrote:

Hope you managed to limit your losses Redemption.

Ended up being perfect conditions, which can happen. But basically you stood no chance which is frustrating.

Of course Brooke/Redemption limited the loss. Always does. Don’t ask for a screen shot of the bets though. You don’t need them. Just take her word for it.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 8:16pm
Actually, I kept all bets pre game.
I was happy enough with the wet, it was still slightly slippery on the surface.

However the score by the 25th minute mark, got to 36, nearing 40. thats alarm bells, because obviously 4 quarters at 40 points, is 160.

So I rang William Hill, score at 36, line 140.5, odds $2.10, and dumped my entire bet

In saying this though, and credit where its due, I found myself in the position that Oneonesit warned of.
The gap.
Had the score finished at 139 or 140, I would have lost my pre-game bets, and all of my hedge bet.
Whilst its a small risk, I did find myself stuck with that gap existing of 2 points.

Thankfully if went well over that.
I actually came out totally even

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 10:29pm
No you didn’t. Take a screenshot of your betting statement. Won’t happen of course.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 6:56pm
Sunday in Geelong looks promising for heavy rains.

Under 140.5, odds $1.82

Also if you want to go safer,
Under 150.5, odds $1.40

Thats on Neds

MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 9:39pm
Yep. Obviously l'm no where near as confident on Richmond as l was a week ago. They should still be winning but it's dangerous messing around with the lines in a bog game. Obviously over 39 is extremely unlikely now.

I think l'll just take the $1.55 head to head in some multi's. Short but sweet.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 11:14am
This is going to be a genuinely wet game

Its also worth noting, strong defensive sides are really able to limit scores at the Geelong ground, because its a narrow ground.
The narrowness enables the forward line to bottleneck faster, because more players are able to get back to the defensive 50 arc, so wet, plus bottleneck and good defensive teams, assure its a low scoring game.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 11:48am
I'm sure they're playing at the MCG today Redemption.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 2:30pm
geepez

lol

had it penned in for a cats home game in geelong

MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 7:52pm
Richmond just a class above. It doesn't matter the conditions.

If they finish top 2 it's done. Give em the flag. Unbeatable at the G.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 2:34pm
Good call MJB. Well done

Richmonds intensity is remarkable.
On top of what they did last year, they have self belief. Its only added to their new era.

I find it quite interesting that the Crows are sinking, after a bizarre pre-season, of punishment, playing Richmonds theme song all week to punish the team, etc, its old psych methods that dont work anymore.

I say this, because Richmond have turned to Yoga, led by Dusty.
And Collingwood have started going that down path too, and suddenly click into a gear.
Its become quite obvious that psych work that revolves around peace, honesty, opening up, Yoga etc, actually works.
They build respect, not only for themselves, but for each other.

Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 4:16am
Just wondering, upon perusal of other racing sites, whether this thread and maybe a couple of others will be closed down due to new legislation passed regarding sports betting / advertising?
Others may know more?
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 3:38pm
Redemption, you've been quiet lately. Hope all is well.

Check out the weather forecast for Perth over the weekend.
mowie View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mowie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 3:09pm
got to be suns to cover the line 60 point headstart with loads of swans out, I put 50 on it
chris Armstrong waller, *drugs are bad mkay
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by mowie mowie wrote:

got to be suns to cover the line 60 point headstart with loads of swans out, I put 50 on it

Great bet Mowie

Well done. Brilliant.

Clap

MJB, Ive bet very heavily for todays Perth game.

I took the 142.5 under, at $1.90

Will keep an eye on the game in case I have to hedge at halftime etc.
Its my biggest bet this year.
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 3:51pm
Hope you took a piece of the $17 on the head to head mowie! They even traded at $81 live in play l heard.

I'll be planting myself in a tab before the start of the West Coast game. If l see it bucketing down l'll be loading up on the under.
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 5:51pm
I didn't end up betting. No rain to speak of. There's some wind about and the ground is a touch wet but overall the conditions are okay.

54 in the first quarter. Looks to be going well overs.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 5:52pm
Qtr time and the over/under is now around the 168.5 mark. I guess Brooke/Redemption is hedging. Well pretending to anyway.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

Qtr time and the over/under is now around the 168.5 mark. I guess Brooke/Redemption is hedging. Well pretending to anyway.

About 4 min ago - just after 2nd term began.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>