Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Live animal shipments

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Live animal shipments
    Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 10:31pm
Who saw the vile footage of the sheep on that ship ?   Can anyone here say now that they  still support live export ??
All the so called rules , and most of them just broken , and all could see plainly , how badly.
animals before people.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 10:36pm
Absolute disgrace Acacia. More power to animal welfare activists i say. The industry is rubbish - smokes & mirrors. A plan to ban all live exports should be introduced
Refer ALP Election Promises
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 10:52pm
OMG did you see how deep the poop was, that they were standing in ?  And the rules say no pregnant ewes to be shipped, yet all those lambs born just to die in that disgraceful way.Sick
Meanwhile the bloke sipping champers at Ascot.  he should be Nuke
animals before people.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 12:35am
Banning it is stupid - we are quickly running out of export industries.

The authorities just need to fix it, with proper policing and penalties.

Derryn Hunch has been campaigning for a ban on live exports for 35 years - which tells a story in itself - DON'T BAN IT!!!Cry
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 3:14am
Why cant they slaughter here,,,freeze,,and ship ???   Whats so hard about that ?   Provide more jobs here as well. Build a abbitoir specially for that outlet. 
Why is it necessary to subject any animal to that horror ??   Weeks crammed together in stifling conditions,  not even room to lay down,  up to their guts in s**t,,,,to be killed in a manner that suits those sick sods at the end of their horror journey.    For those that survive .
Almost 3 thousand died on that one ship alone.  One vet on that ship of shame.  To see to all those thousands of animals.   Is that good practice ? 
Did you watch/see it, Dr E ???   If you didnt, you need to go have a look and then come back here and tell me it doesnt make you feel sick and disgusted.  If it doesnt , you have no heart.
The authorities have been insisting for years its all hunky dory,  then a vid leaks, and again they promise to make sure its all good, and again we see this horror.  Not just with sheep, but with cattle too.
The so called authorities are limp and useless.  They have been given chance after chance to fix this,,,and  they havnt,  and its still a horror story.
Too late !!!   Stop it . 
I say,  GO DARREN.   Anyone who thinks/feels this is OK is sick.
animals before people.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 9:36am
The Gillard Govt tried to clean it up following a 4 Corners show on cattle exports and cruelty. The LNP went off their heads calling it a threat to our economic and national security after Indonesia suspended trade with us over it and looked for other market to get their cattle. They blamed Labor for undermining us and took it to an election

What makes you think the same govt now will do anything to upset their export partners by properly fixing or ceasing this disgusting industry? They wont
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 9:39am
Everybody involved in the disgusting trade knows that once the ship leaves port it is basically unregulated and things like this latest outrage are inevitable.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Why cant they slaughter here,,,freeze,,and ship ???   Whats so hard about that ?   Provide more jobs here as well. Build a abbatoir specially for that outlet. 

Simple economics. We can supply live at an acceptable price to these countries but we price ourselves out of the processed market.I disagree with the practice but that's the reason for live export which obviously helps our Balance of Payments.
Whilst I'm not entirely anti union, having worked for several years in our local export licensed boning room, feel that if not for unions, it'd still be operational.
Wages were massive & I think the company could cope with that but it was all
the extras the boners demanded that killed it! They only worked 7 - 1pm max but kept demanding more $$ & lower tallies (no. of bodies). As it was they only worked 20 mins of each hour with everyone else packing etc the full hour whilst they played cards in their smoko room but there's a limit to how much you can screw out of any company.
All us 'labourers' were spewing when it closed as so many locals were employed at good hours & rates. Boners & slicers were on better money that foremen running each dept't.
We also supplied lamb & sheep to the Middle East both full bodies & broken down/packed.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 12:59pm
Yes Gay,  some unions do go well over the top, and kill the chicken that lays the golden egg.  The auto industry is another good example.
But surely now they must be forced into cleaning things up here.  I see they have set up a hot line for dobbers ( for want of a better word ) and I bet there will be plenty .
animals before people.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Why cant they slaughter here,,,freeze,,and ship ???   Whats so hard about that ?   Provide more jobs here as well. Build a abbitoir specially for that outlet. 
Why is it necessary to subject any animal to that horror ??   Weeks crammed together in stifling conditions,  not even room to lay down,  up to their guts in s**t,,,,to be killed in a manner that suits those sick sods at the end of their horror journey.    For those that survive .
Almost 3 thousand died on that one ship alone.  One vet on that ship of shame.  To see to all those thousands of animals.   Is that good practice ? 
Did you watch/see it, Dr E ???   If you didnt, you need to go have a look and then come back here and tell me it doesnt make you feel sick and disgusted.  If it doesnt , you have no heart.
The authorities have been insisting for years its all hunky dory,  then a vid leaks, and again they promise to make sure its all good, and again we see this horror.  Not just with sheep, but with cattle too.
The so called authorities are limp and useless.  They have been given chance after chance to fix this,,,and  they havnt,  and its still a horror story.
Too late !!!   Stop it . 
I say,  GO DARREN.   Anyone who thinks/feels this is OK is sick.

Yes I saw it aa - it's unacceptable, that's why I agree that it must be fixed - 100,000 Australian jobs are on the line.

You do realise what awaits these animals in the Muslim countries they are going to? 

You know that horses are still dying from their injuries on race tracks around the world ... should we ban horse racing because the authorities have been given a chance and haven't fixed it?

In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 1:46pm

This story from The Land this week.

FORMER federal cabinet minister and NSW rural Liberal MP Sussan Ley has backed Green’s policy in demanding an end to live sheep exports.

Ms Ley took to Twitter to make a ground breaking public statement contradicting Coalition policy on live exports, amid the current controversy involving sheep shipments to the Middle East, exposed by 60 Minutes at the weekend with video footage supplied to a whistle-blower via Animals Australia of animals suffering extreme heat stress on multiple voyages.

“Enough is enough with these ships of shame,” she said.

“Saying other countries would be worse is a lazy non argument.

“Time for these monsters to face prosecution.

“Time to pick a date by which all live sheep exports must end.

“We can work with industry and farmers to make this happen.”

It’s understood Ms Ley has also made similar comments reflecting her views in other media today.

Agriculture and Water Resources Minister David Littleproud has been contacted for comment.

Ahead of the 60 Minutes broadcast, the rookie minister promised there would be no ‘knee-jerk’ response to the latest live exports controversy but has ordered a new investigation into a 2017 voyage involving Emanuel Exports where 2400 sheep died, due to the broadcast of the video footage and pledged to take stronger action including imposing tougher sanctions on exporters found to be in breach of regulations.

Today, Greens leader Richard Di Natale said Mr Littleproud’s proposed review in response to fresh revelations of the “horrific conditions” within the live export industry was “just more smoke and mirrors”.

He said only an immediate transition away from live exports would “stop the needless suffering experienced by thousands of innocent animals”.

“We’ve had enough reviews into this horrific industry,” he said.

“We don't need more reviews, we need an immediate transition away from live exports.

“We can't trust this industry to police itself and we can't trust this government to do it for them.

“This footage and reports of the mass death of over two thousand sheep on a live export ship in August are just the latest examples to become public of the cruelty, suffering and death this industry inflicts on animals each year.

“When you see the footage of these poor creatures being tortured for profit, it is clear that there is simply no justification for allowing this to continue.”

Ms Ley told Fairfax Media her views were sparked by frustrations with exporters involving live sheep shipments to the Middle East which dated back to an incident in 2003 during former John Howard and then Agriculture Minister Warren Truss’ era, involving the Cormo Express.

That shipment was rejected by its intended markets and stranded at sea for an extended period resulting in thousands of sheep deaths and triggering a parliamentary inquiry that led to implementation of some reforms.

“We have been promised since then – so the entire time I’ve been a member of parliament I’ve been listening to these promises and I’ve heard enough and I actually don’t trust the exporters,” she said.

“It seems the supply chain will always produce these types of events because the industry’s had too many chances to clean up its act and I don’t even know if it’s possible to clean up their act.

“Australia won’t be able to hold its ‘head high’ in the international community on a range of rural issues if we continue our live sheep export trade to the Middle East, for a variety of reasons.

“I’m pleased with the steps that the Agriculture Minister has taken and they’re good sensible steps (in response to 60 Minutes broadcast) but I would go further by setting date by which we announce, with industry, with farmers, not cutting anyone off at the knees in terms of their business enterprise and their investments - doing it properly - that we will actually be a country that doesn’t have live exports anymore.”

In 2017, Australia’s live sheep exports, of close to 2 million head, reached $249 million but that only represents about 10pc of total sheep and sheepmeat exports value in aggregate.

However, WA is the nation’s largest exporter of live sheep accounting for more than 85pc of the total volume.

WA rural Liberal MP and Katanning farmer Rick Wilson said he was open to looking at tougher shipping time-frames, rather than backing Ms Ley’s view.

“I think perhaps we could look at restricting shipments in the July through September period for vessels that don't have the most up to date ventilation systems,” he said.

“Incidents like this put the entire trade at risk - we need to act expeditiously to ensure that it doesn't happen again.”

animals before people.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 7:25pm
OK, so what do the farmers and the rest of the 100,000 people employed by the industry do ... maybe the ALP/Greens Collusion lead by Mr Di Natale can just pay them a Universal Wage ... which is what everyone will be on when they finish destroying all of our remaining export industries ... Thumbs Up 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 11:26pm
Why does it need to be destroyed ??  Confused  How hard is it to implement proper care of animals in transit ?? 
If the big wig of that ship can afford champagne trips to Ascot he can afford proper vet care, and a decent place for these animals to travel in, surely ??  There was one vet on that ship.  ONE  !!!!    For all those animals.   I dont even know how many there were , but approx 2,500 died, so the number must have been massive. 
Lessen the load in a shipment so the animal has room to move and lay down, so they arnt jam packed together for weeks on end in the heat,,,,install air con on all decks,,,,put in place a stall muck out system so they dont stand belly deep in gelati for weeks,,,,and obey the rules,,,,no pregnant ewes,  for starters.  
How hard is that ???   Not really hard at all,,,unless you are a money grabbing a-hole.  Making your fortune off the misery of animals. 
Dont make excuses and tell us how sad it will be for farmers etc,,,,I come from a farming family,  and mine are horrified at whats going on.  How weak the rules are and how weak the ones that are in place are not being enforced.  And how weak the Govnt are on this, and have been for years.

animals before people.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 11:38pm
That's what I said aa -fix it - they know what is needed, and the end users will pay. Actually, if you get more live ones through, you make more anyway!

The Human Headline and the Greens want to just shut it all down ... it's just like they want to shut down coal - and like coal, if we don't supply the demand, someone else will, and they will probably do it with less compliance, and the outcomes will be potentially worse!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 12:41am
Yes they know whats needed, but who is forcing them to do it ?? No-one, unless folks like us force them to.  Speak up and say enough is enough. 
If they cant fix it and get it right, I am with the Human Headline.   God knows they have had enough chances to do so, and they have failed every time.  
So far the Govnt watch dog has been weak as piss, and its been going on for years.  Excuses and excuses and no real improvement at all. 
So if the authorities are too limp to enforce rules, and bring in new and better ones, it should be shut down until its up to scratch.
Shut it down for 6 months and watch everyone shape up !!!   They will be falling over themselves to get it right. 
Shape up or ship out.   If you cant get it right ,  after all these chances,  then piss off.  
As to coal.  Well  !!  Come and live around the mines and watch them destroy the beautiful country side so it can be sent to China.   Its the same old story.  They say they will fix up the land after the mining ceases.  Yeah  !!  Right  !!     They say they will contribute $$$ to the community.   Yeah .  Right !!

animals before people.
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 12:57am
When you see a story like this, it makes you realise we are living in the dark ages
We arent a "progressive" and advanced civilisation at all.

Been wanting to become a vegetarian for years. This story pushed me to it.

My personal belief, if you cant kill it yourself, you dont deserve to eat it.
I can kill a fish, grew up fishing.
I could never kill a cow, a chicken, a lamb. Would have an emotional breakdown.

Maybe food for thought for others. Pardon the pun.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 2:04am
Well,  you are right there, as to seeing this stuff happening .   Its definatley dark ages stuff.   I admit I eat meat.  But I want it handled humanely.  
And its not just the transporting of these animals in these shocking conditions for weeks on end .
Its the horrible death they suffer when they get there .    Halal and all that oh so PC crap.
You can say us meat eaters are hypocrits.  But holy dooley Cry  These muslims who claim to be close to their God , and want the animal slughtered in their way,  the barbaric way,  have no feelings at all for animals.   Its sick stuff , what faces the animals at the end of the horror sea journey.
Halal , and halal slaugher , makes a mockery of the muslim stuff about kindness/peace etc, that we keep getting told about.
Its all just horrible .   Stop the ships.   Slaughter here.  Stuff the unions.   Stuff halal slaughter. 
And, for mine, these farmers who send the stock to these ships, should be made to travel on one with their sheep/cattle, and actually see whats happening, and I bet they wont send any more of their animals to that hell. 

animals before people.
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 7:17am
If the animal actually makes it there alive it meets a cruel end anyway. I wonder if its even possible to make the journey humane - thousands of animals crammed onto ships below deck. The animal has to be transported to the ship then loaded on , suffer for days during shipping,
then get unloaded (god knows how cruel this is) and then transported to wherever it meets its end

Just stop the industry - Dr e's argument doesn't stack up. If an industry is inhumane it shouldn't exist.
I didn't notice that the world ended when slavery was abolished - despite arguments that it would
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 2:01pm
OK marble, you have NFI, so read carefully!

Do you think the Muslims will just stop importing livestock to slaughter if we don't supply it?

No, they will just source live exports from some other country, that probably has LESS regulation, and causes greater cruelty and slow death to animals!

Here's an idea, why don't you just round up some Greenies, and pop over to the Middle East, maybe Syria, and start up a picket line demanding they stop Halal Slaughtering practices altogether? ... that might work! ... whilst you are at it, you might want to protest their treatment of women as well (it's like slavery!). 

It's just like the hand wringing bed wetters who are to stupid to understand, and have been brain washed into thinking that their virtue signalling and screeching to "Stop Adani" will actual achieve anything other than destroy more job opportunities for Australians!

If we don't supply the coal, someone else WILL ... and it will likely be a Third World country, with NO environmental compliance requirement, and NO human rights compliance ... the 1600 coal fired power plants that are commissioned or under construction, WILL need a coal supply for the next 50 years, and they don't really care where it comes from. 
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 2:33pm
I find it quite amazing how you can turn a conversation about animal welfare into one about coal production with one quick deflection Dr E. Well done.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 3:04pm
I think acacia brought up the coal problem in her area.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 3:14pm
OPINION

Live export is a centuries-old Australian industry, but the cameras are new

By Nancy Cushing

Posted yesterday at 12:22pm

recent episode of 60 Minutes has captured public attention and the political agenda by airing dramatic video footage from Animals Australia, showing the fate of Australian animals in the live export trade.

Video shot secretly by a crew member shows sheep on five separate voyages from Fremantle to the Middle East last year. They are buffeted by the movement of the ship, strain to breathe in the hot, noisy and acrid atmosphere between decks and trample the dead and dying under their hooves.

But while these glimpses inside a transport ship are new, the practice of live animal export is as old as the European colonisation of Australia.

Animals of the new colony

The first arrival of animals that would later be exported from Australia, including sheep, cattle and goats, can be dated with unusual precision to January 1788.

Like the convict workforce who made up the bulk of the human cargo on the First Fleet, the livestock, purchased mainly at the Cape of Good Hope, were considered necessary to transplant a British society and economy to Antipodean soil. Live animal import from other colonies, like India and Batavia, and from Europe continued throughout the first century of colonisation.

Hoists used during live export carry sheep in a harness

Breeds that suited the climate and their roles in the colony, especially those that helped displace native plants and animals and Indigenous peoples, were sought after and carefully nurtured.

Gradually the inward flow of animals reversed. Flocks and herds increased to the point where some could be sold on to other destinations. Initially, this was to the other colonies Britain was establishing in the region, such as Van Diemen's Land (now Tasmania), Western Australia, New Zealand and South Australia.

These animals were primarily traded to establish new populations at their destinations.

Animals from New South Wales were also sent to the French colony of New Caledonia, and in small numbers farther afield to Russia, Japan and India. As numbers rose, larger-scale live export for consumption became established.

A hidden process

As in the present, this trade had distinct phases, some more visible than others. The process began where the animals were raised, generally on lightly stocked rangelands in the interior. They were driven on foot or loaded onto rail carriages to be taken to ports, where they waited in open yards to be loaded onto ships.

Thus far, the animals were moving through public spaces, where their treatment and conditions could be seen and in some cases recorded.

Members of the public could register their concerns and seek to have mistreatment addressed. And even in a period when animal welfare was still an emerging concept, some did.ailcars laden with frightened stock led to complaints about overcrowding and lack of access to food and water. One observer labelled such treatment "as gross a case of cruelty as it is possible to conceive".

However, once the animals were hoisted or walked onto ships, they became invisible. No outsider could see them. Only those involved with the voyage knew how densely they were packed, how secure their pens were, whether their dung was cleared away, or how much food and water they received over journeys that could last for weeks. In the case of sheep, the advice was to pack them like wool bales, so tightly pressed together that they prevented one another from falling over.

In many cases, the animals were barely seen at all, except by one another, being left to their own devices on short voyages. During longer trips they would be tended to minimally, because of the toxic environment created below deck by what were termed their "exhalations of carbonic gases".

Even the evidence of how many died on the voyages was hidden.

Their bodies were thrown overboard before reaching port and few records were kept.

Animals carried on open decks could be seen while at the docks and had access to better-quality air, but were more vulnerable to high seas and inclement weather.

At the other end of the journey, the exported animals came back into view. This was often when the most useful accounts were recorded.

Complaints about their poor condition, reduced numbers or the loss of entire shipments of animals were considered worthy of writing about in local newspapers by those who had eagerly awaited their arrival.

It is at the receiving end of the export process that accusations of flimsy pens, overcrowding or the loading of animals that were not fit for the voyage can be found.

Taking this longer view of the Australian live export trade shows just how extraordinary the opportunity to see what happens during live export is.

Animals Australia has noted that:

"Australia's live sheep trade has operated for over five decades with only those financially invested in the trade having visual access to the conditions and welfare implications for the sheep on-board".

This has been an issue for much longer than 50 years, but it's now possible for outsiders — including farmers, politicians and members of the public — to see the appalling conditions of the live export trade for themselves.

Nancy Cushing is an associate professor in Australian history at the University of Newcastle. This article was originally published on The Conversation.

Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 3:23pm
it seems the more sophisticated we become, the more uncouth we actually are.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

That's what I said aa -fix it - they know what is needed, and the end users will pay. Actually, if you get more live ones through, you make more anyway!

The Human Headline and the Greens want to just shut it all down ... it's just like they want to shut down coal - and like coal, if we don't supply the demand, someone else will, and they will probably do it with less compliance, and the outcomes will be potentially worse!

Not me, Gay Big smile  Coal was Dr E,s pet peeve LOL
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 4:33pm
So basically we havnt learned anything, or changed one bit, when it comes to animal welfare, in all these years .   We can fly men to the moon and make machines that can do almost anything, but we cant improve animal welfare ??Sick
animals before people.
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 7:09pm

Do you think the Muslims will just stop importing livestock to slaughter if we don't supply it?

No, they will just source live exports from some other country, that probably has LESS regulation, and causes greater cruelty and slow death to animals!

Here's an idea, why don't you just round up some Greenies, and pop over to the Middle East, maybe Syria, and start up a picket line demanding they stop Halal Slaughtering practices altogether? ... that might work! ... whilst you are at it, you might want to protest their treatment of women as well (it's like slavery!). 

It's just like the hand wringing bed wetters who are to stupid to understand, and have been brain washed into thinking that their virtue signalling and screeching to "Stop Adani" will actual achieve anything other than destroy more job opportunities for Australians!

If we don't supply the coal, someone else WILL ... and it will likely be a Third World country, with NO environmental compliance requirement, and NO human rights compliance ... the 1600 coal fired power plants that are commissioned or under construction, WILL need a coal supply for the next 50 years, and they don't really care where it comes from. 

no doc its you that is clueless. How about you put yourself on the next export ship in the hold and if you make it back buy a house and live in it next to the adani mine. Thats living the dream Doc.
How many times does it take for you to understand that is impossible to get 100% of all animals there humanely and still make money. It can't be done
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by marble marble wrote:

no doc its you that is clueless. How about you put yourself on the next export ship in the hold and if you make it back buy a house and live in it next to the adani mine. Thats living the dream Doc.
How many times does it take for you to understand that is impossible to get 100% of all animals there humanely and still make money. It can't be done

We cant get the road toll down to zero - should we ban cars?Wacko

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by Softy Softy wrote:

I find it quite amazing how you can turn a conversation about animal welfare into one about coal production with one quick deflection Dr E. Well done.

It's not really a stretch, it's generally the same ill informed people who are over reacting.
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 8:24pm
unless your trying to crack a world record I dont think too many people are forced into cars 
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 8:26pm
marble, good luck to you living in your bankrupt Utopia, where no animal ever comes to any harm ... did you even look at the Halal Slaughter video?Ermm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>