Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Ben & Mark Currie

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 22>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 8:21am
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

He's got this Countess De Galvez flying. She looks smart

It’s in today at Toowoomba. Rather oddly, after smashing them by 8 lengths over 1625m 2 starts back it’s now back to 1300m
I’ll have to let it go at the price
Batman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 3:55pm
Looks like his team around him is being systematically dismantled.
The Queensland Racing Integrity Commission's internal reviewer Kane Ashby has published reasons for rejecting an application on penalty from jockey Beau Appo on sexual harassment charges.

Appo was disqualified for six months with three months suspended after a protracted series of stewards hearings.

In February, he was charged with sexual harassment of a person employed in the racing industry.

The charge specified Appo sent text messages to a female licensee during a period from June to September last year which constituted sexual harassment.
“Gambling has brought our family closer together. We had to move to a smaller house.”
Batman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 7:32am
Might beat these charges on some technicalities. If he does QRIC needs disbanding for not forseeing this
“Gambling has brought our family closer together. We had to move to a smaller house.”
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 11:44am
Getting close Lordy

Currie charged again

Carl Di Iorio@CDi_Iorio

10:10am

, (

Hours after Ben Currie received another stay of proceedings on Wednesday, Queensland Racing Integrity Commission stewards laid two additional charges against the Toowoomba trainer.

The latest two charges against Currie allege jigger usage, bringing the total of charges he faces to 37.

The Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal on Wednesday allowed for Currie's stay of proceedings hearing to be adjourned to allow his legal team to sift through affidavit material received from the QRIC on Tuesday. It is now likely the stay hearing will be heard from April 16-18.

Currie's 37 charges originate from last year's Toowoomba Cup meeting when his stables were raided on race-day morning. He continues to train under two stays of proceedings, having twice had his licence suspended by stewards since May last year.

Currie will have up to 19 runners at Saturday's Toowoomba Cup meeting, several of which have firmed considerably in early betting.

He has three starters plus one emergency in the $150,000 Audi Centre Toowoomba Weetwood Handicap (1200m) and two acceptors in the $150,000 TAB Toowoomba Cup (2000m).

Rebel - racing. Lionel - in work. Glory - spelling. Ray - spelling. A Wee Nip - in work.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 11:47am
Only need 1 to stick. Surely you cant fvck up all 37
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 11:52am
His supporters better get on quick, as one would hope they hang him out to dry soon.  As long as this has been going on, and so many charges, and still he is allowed to race his horses Angry Golly you have to feel for those honest trainers having to compete against him.
animals before people.
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

It’s Queensland Racing... you’d be unpleasantly surprised
to the victor
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by linghi11 linghi11 wrote:

I've got Star Adele in the second race on cup day this saturday. Currie has 2 in the same race. If he beats me I'll have a meat pie ready to throw at him!

Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 2:45pm
If he beat one of mine, I’d slash his tyres
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 2:53pm
Look, I do not mean to sound egostistical, but I consider myself a reasonably intelligent sought of person, and all the legal advice I have got lends me to this question.

How many stays are you allowed?

A stay of proceedings, in a court of law is given if you find a new piece of evidence that can swing the case, or if you lose or find a witness you get time to either prepare the witness or find the witness.

He had one stay because he had to attend the funeral of his grandfather, which if I was the judge would not have been allowed, and yet he has been given another two.

Natural justice is one thing, but this is bordering on unprofessional judgement from those making the decision!    
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by marble marble wrote:

I've got Star Adele in the second race on cup day this saturday. Currie has 2 in the same race. If he beats me I'll have a meat pie ready to throw at him!

Marble, I put her in my black book after her last run. Thought it a bit stiff
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 3:20pm

He's got this Countess De Galvez flying. She looks smart

It’s in today at Toowoomba. Rather oddly, after smashing them by 8 lengths over 1625m 2 starts back it’s now back to 1300m
I’ll have to let it go at the price

In th3 a Guineas on Saturday.
I missed the $9.50......into 4s now
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 3:21pm

Put a big chunk of rock in it first.
Good luck.  Will be cheering for you.
animals before people.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 3:34pm
It's not RQ fault, it's the legislation here, the legislation needs to be changed, whenever Gov is involved you get red tape, the staff at RQ are great, they are at the coalface, you have to feel for them. QRIC have to get off their bums and have the racing minister moot the legislation change!
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 3:36pm
The whole Queensland government needs to be abolished.
Couldn’t run a chook raffle at the pub on Friday night, let alone govern a state.
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

Look, I do not mean to sound egostistical, but I consider myself a reasonably intelligent sought of person, and all the legal advice I have got lends me to this question.

How many stays are you allowed?

A stay of proceedings, in a court of law is given if you find a new piece of evidence that can swing the case, or if you lose or find a witness you get time to either prepare the witness or find the witness.

He had one stay because he had to attend the funeral of his grandfather, which if I was the judge would not have been allowed, and yet he has been given another two.

Natural justice is one thing, but this is bordering on unprofessional judgement from those making the decision!    

I agree completely. This made me laugh though. Sorry Voyager LOL
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 6:51pm

Marble, I put her in my black book after her last run. Thought it a bit stiff

should have bolted in shrunk - it was a train wreck. Much harder race saturday but she loves the track and continues to work well
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 7:30pm
$40 with an odds boost seems way over the odds to me marble.

Good luck
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by Bonjour Bonjour wrote:

It's not RQ fault, it's the legislation here, the legislation needs to be changed, whenever Gov is involved you get red tape, the staff at RQ are great, they are at the coalface, you have to feel for them. QRIC have to get off their bums and have the racing minister moot the legislation change!

Correct. RQ has been rendered powerless by this current legislation. Government completely overhauled the system in the name of greater integrity. The results are there for all to see.
SHOVHOG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHOVHOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 11:24pm
Countess de galvez 11s into 4.60
Namib 17s into 9s
Mishani Hustler 4.6 into 3.40
Snitch 28 into 9

Looks like he’s in for a big one on Saturday.
" In gambling the many must lose in order for the few to win"
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 8:36am
Bernie Cooper seems rather fond of Ben when she talks of his horses.
I would have thought that given the circumstances talking heads would be a tad more astute
Batman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 9:33am

Bernie Cooper seems rather fond of Ben when she talks of his horses.
I would have thought that given the circumstances talking heads would be a tad more astute

Bernie has been around long enough to know that racing presenters need to keep sweet with everybody. You never know what lies around the corner. That’s experience showing
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 3:44pm

Queensland Racing Integrity Commission stewards have today advised legal representatives for Toowoomba Trainer Ben Currie that a further prohibited substance has been detected in a sample taken from a horse he trains.

Stewards allege Currie brought Eight Over to race at Toowoomba on February 2 with prohibited substances in its system. A sample from the horse was tested after it won race three on that day.

Eight Over jumped at $1.65 and won by three lengths. The former Waller-trained runner has won on two occasions since.

The stewards inquiry into this matter will be heard along with four other inquiries relating to positive samples taken from Currie runners Shakira, Wicked Trilogy, Karaharga and Dreamscope in 2018.

The date for the inquiry is yet to be determined.

Let him keep training LOLLOLLOL What a fvcking circus
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 5:12pm
What does he keep getting positives to?
to the victor
theshu25 View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theshu25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 5:14pm
Everything
theshu
skippy123 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skippy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 5:45pm
No seriously- what IS he getting positives to? Why the big secrecy?
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by skippy123 skippy123 wrote:

Google Ben Currie positive swab. You will be able to find most. Its quite a variety going back through his relatively short history.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 8:47pm
If I was a bookmaker no way I would take wagers on his horses, those that do must have rocks in their head, for Gods Sake, bet Curry out........it's the only way to win, unless of course they know something we don't?
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by Lordy Lordy wrote:

Originally posted by skippy123 skippy123 wrote:

Google Ben Currie positive swab. You will be able to find most. Its quite a variety going back through his relatively short history.

Are all his recent swabs for ice too?
to the victor
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 7:36pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 22>