Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Benjamin Smith

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

I purposely mentioned the VRC to flush people like you out to see where their allegiances lie and it didn't take long, have a good day lingi11.

Do you mean RVL? Dwyer should’ve been stood down after his Adelaide effort, same as Eden and co. My allegiance is to as clean an industry as possible.
to the victor
Long Row View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Long Row Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by correctweight correctweight wrote:

Running for Kris Lees

That stinks. Shouldn't be allowed to run for a period. I feel for the owners but where's the integrity? 

Imagine if it bolts in. I'll be on.
Furt View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Furt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 1:19pm
When the attitude of one’s father is that the old days of widespread drug use in racing were good because everyone got a turn there is not a lot of hope for his offspring, unless they are of strong personal character.
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by Long Row Long Row wrote:

Originally posted by correctweight correctweight wrote:

Running for Kris Lees

That stinks. Shouldn't be allowed to run for a period. I feel for the owners but where's the integrity? 

Imagine if it bolts in. I'll be on.

Owners have most likely benefited unfairly already. I hope the stewards did full blood analysis on these.
to the victor
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by Furt Furt wrote:

When the attitude of one’s father is that the old days of widespread drug use in racing were good because everyone got a turn there is not a lot of hope for his offspring, unless they are of strong personal character.

There's always rumour and innuendo regarding the "old" days of racing but having started in /57 and been in the swabbing boxes on all Sydney tracks 1st and 2nd were done on Every race and spot swabbing if one was suspect, gauze swabbing on the end of tongs for the mouth and urine as well, sometimes you were in there for two hours for urine, VIC.was always spot swabbing (random) at all times to my knowledge , of course it's changed now , in the last 30 years it has been it's been rife, what they done in the bush I have no knowledge of, never seen a needle till 1970, and I held hundreds for vets prior to that on visits to stables , even bute I used it in satchet form in their feed , the days of Nux, heroin and caffeine a tiny drop of arsenic the size of a pinhead went out with NedKelly, they are smarter today ( trainers) because of the opening up of knowledge but I'm afraid the stewards are the weak link in all of this.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 3:33pm

Are 'they' Father & Son? Confused
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Furt View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Furt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 4:06pm
The stablehand, gossip, urger and spiv, not the trainer.
kavg View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kavg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Are 'they' Father & Son? Confused

That was the initial question I posed starting this thread. Consensus seemed to be no but no solid evidence either way.
Prejudice is an emotional attachment to ignorance.
DiEM25 for the world.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 5:14pm
By the look of his head mate Darren Smith don't look like no old time trainer to me, now if you said Les Bridge lol I would agree.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 8:34pm
"As long as samples return clear that have been taken from El Dorado Dreaming... The 3YO will run at Randwick Saturday for new trainer Kris Lees. The filly only had to walk 25 metres from Ben Smith’s to join the Lees team early this morning."

LOL F me
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 9:31pm
El Dorado Dreaming tested positive to a prohibited substance and won’t be running tomorrow.
to the victor
Batman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by linghi11 linghi11 wrote:

El Dorado Dreaming tested positive to a prohibited substance and won’t be running tomorrow.

Great news for integrity
“Gambling has brought our family closer together. We had to move to a smaller house.”
monty1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 10:27pm
She is scratched but there is nothing on the RacingNSW website re the issue!
monty1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 10:31pm

Benjamin Smith used to pretrain for Darren back when Darren trained.

Darren must have given Ben some tips.
Long Row View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Long Row Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 12:39am
El Dorado Dreaming scratched for a testing irregularity.

Hope Smith gets banned for life - good riddance.

In Her Time has to be dropped for the everest now too
adolphus twirk View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adolphus twirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 2:00am
Long Row you are spot on.
Hoffy95 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoffy95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 5:06pm
Cobalt 
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 5:18pm
Does not seem as sinister when Cobalt is involved.
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 5:34pm
So stewards will lay charges, he'll get a stay of proceedings or whatever, be allowed to keep training, be found guilty, appeal, be allowed to keep training etc etc etc
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

So stewards will lay charges, he'll get a stay of proceedings or whatever, be allowed to keep training, be found guilty, appeal, be allowed to keep training etc etc etc

NSW does seem a little more streamlined than Victoria.

Have any in NSW been turned over ?

Kevin Moses served his time. Can not think of any that have got a result. 
reductio ad absurdum
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 5:41pm
Failure to co-operate and providing false evidence hopefully will speed up proceedings.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 5:44pm
Good point.

Gives him a guilty complexion that is for sure. 
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 6:05pm
NSW certainly a better track record but I wouldn't worry about the false evidence etc...it's telling the truth that gets you in trouble in this industry LOL
skippy123 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skippy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 8:06pm
It’s out of comp testing- I don’t know if any cobalt charges will stick
skippy123 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skippy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by skippy123 skippy123 wrote:

It’s out of comp testing- I don’t know if any cobalt charges will stick

Sorry I thought the cobalt was referring to the samples taken on raid day...
Raceday sadly they can pursue.. unless you’re Ronnie of course
Discohips23 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Discohips23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 11:05pm

linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 12:16am
Maybe it’s time to publish what EDD tested positive to, as we may like an explanation why they are willing to let it compete with a positive to substance(s) that may give it longer-term improved performance.
to the victor
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 1:22pm

Maybe it’s time to publish what EDD tested positive to, as we may like an explanation why they are willing to let it compete with a positive to substance(s) that may give it longer-term improved performance.

No idea what it was but I'm pretty sure it tested negative on a re-test and that is why they allowed it to trial the other day and race again
Batman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 9:45pm
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it’s a duck.
“Gambling has brought our family closer together. We had to move to a smaller house.”
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 10:31pm

No idea what it was but I'm pretty sure it tested negative on a re-test and that is why they allowed it to trial the other day and race again

There are substances that still have an effect after they test negative- we now have a year off for anabolic steroids and there should be a stand down time for EPO-style drugs
to the victor
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>