Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Stallions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Impending

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Impending
    Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 10:56am
I've always had a soft spot for this horse being by Lonhro out of Mnemosyne. Darley have priced him well at $20K IMO - Stradbroke winner, 3rd in a Golden Rose and last start 3rd behind Redzel in a Darley Classic.

Only surprise from my perspective was that he is to stand in Victoria, but Brazen Beau with three strong and consistent books has shown that there is a niche for this calibre of stallion in Vic.

Thoughts?
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 11:11am
Go back to the days of Showdown, Century and co and Victoria can produce a champion stallion.  There are some canny breeders down that way ie hi SC and co.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 11:13am
Sorry forgot Joh is also from Vic.  NSW has the biggest range of stallions to choose from but the good ones can come from all over Australia.  
lulu View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 11:34am
My surprise is that you're surprised that he is standing in Victoria.
A .. They already have Denman and Exosphere in the Hunter, Kementari is sure to follow.
B .. The Vic farm is better and no coal dust
C .. Vic breeders will be gullible enough to use him in bigger numbers than the Hunter.
You're either Einstein or Frankenstein in this game.
robbo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 11:35am
Certainly not having a crack at Victoria or their breeders - more that as a horse that predominantly raced in NSW and with his breeding I thought he could hold his own in the Hunter. He isn't as well known down south, unlike Brazen Beau with a Newmarket victory.
lulu View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 11:41am
Well they sure as hell can't stand four sons of Lonhro in the Hunter . Maybe they should send down Denman now that he is not commercial. There is a niche for that calibre of stallion in Victoria too.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 11:48am
Well his female line was down in Victoria for years so I think they know about him from that.  TV pretty well shows us any states racing also.  He's a nice type and has a nice pedigree.  Has as much chance as any of them.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 11:49am
Oh ps if you have an Encosta, High Chap, or I am Invincible mare go to him.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 11:50am
Probably add So You Think to that list also.  He's a Juliet line stallion so even Fastnet Rock mares will suit there.  He's a son or Lonhro so Redoute's Choice mares will suit.  So here you have a G1 winner who will suit practically all the other top lines.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 12:10pm
I'm rapt.  Will be sendingMoney Maher's mum to him for sure and certain.  

ps her grand-sire is Encosta's sire Fairy King and the mating also provides cross of both Eight Carat and Special.  Star
lulu View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 12:17pm
I agree he is a nice addition and a genuine outcross to all those above mentioned sire lines. Just no surprise at all that he is standing at Northwood park. As for stumping up 20k, knowing your on your own come sales time. Not so sure ....
lulu View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by furious furious wrote:

Oh ps if you have an Encosta, High Chap, or I am Invincible mare go to him.<div id="UMS_TOOLTIP" style=": ; cursor: pointer; : 2147483647; : transparent; top: -100000px; left: -100000px;">

You wouldn't be sending an EDL mare to him surely?
lulu View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

I'm rapt.  Will be sendingMoney Maher's mum to him for sure and certain.  

ps her grand-sire is Encosta's sire Fairy King and the mating also provides cross of both Eight Carat and Special.  Star

Bit early for " sure and certain " isn't it S C?   
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by lulu lulu wrote:

I agree he is a nice addition and a genuine outcross to all those above mentioned sire lines. Just no surprise at all that he is standing at Northwood park. As for stumping up 20k, knowing your on your own come sales time. Not so sure ....

You're always "on your own" if you use Darley sires, however I'm confident a decent foal out of Treasury Notes would fetch very good money.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 12:57pm
Opps looked at his female line and Lonhro not the entire pedigree.  Yes you are right but all the rest yes.  Forgot he already had the Encosta cross to Juliet.  Oh well then you have all the Special crossed to add to the mix so no real issue.
lulu View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Originally posted by lulu lulu wrote:

You're always "on your own" if you use Darley sires, however I'm confident a decent foal out of Treasury Notes would fetch very good money.

My comments re being on your own were not related to YOUR mare S C, merely breeders in general.
On checking T N's out , you could go to many stallions , some a lot better than this bloke too. FWIW I reckon the buying bench in the west would genuinely love a decent Magnus yearling from your mare. Cheap at half the price
lulu View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 2:03pm
Anyway I will get off the soapbox. No doubt this stallion will be a gun now. He certainly has the pedigree to be. I believe he is a tad on the small side but then many of the good ones are.
lulu View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 1:09pm

OK OK I am officially onboard.. He finishes off like his sireline did. Very gutsy horse.
I just hope that when I see him that he is just a little taller than he appears.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 6:35pm

We now have small shares in two.  This one is from Iheartpoppy from the same family as Arapaho Miss, Miami Bound, De Little Engine etc.

Danny OBrien Racing

Video update for Impending X Iheartpoppy '19 Colt

Hello Allan and Cheryl,

Please click on the image below to view the video

Watch the video

Regards,

Danny O'Brien

DANNY O'BRIEN RACING (03) 9372 2466 www.dannyobrienracing.com.au

© 2021 miStable | Powered by miStable

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 6:41pm
Here's the other, out of the stakes-placed Erin's Element.  Nice filly but arguably borderline back at the knee.:

Date: 18 Aug 2021

Title: Spelling update

Description: Impendment is continuing to spell well and has grown behind and is starting to fill out her frame. She will be gastroscoped over the coming fortnight before plans are made to bring her into training.

Click on the icon below to view this update.

Video

slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 9:06pm
good stuff Guys, exciting times. all the best with both of them. 
Rebel - racing. Lionel - in work. Glory - spelling. Ray - spelling. A Wee Nip - in work.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 9:29pm
Thanks Slowdown Thumbs Up.  ps we're well and truly due.  

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2021 at 5:11pm
[QUOTE=Second Chance]  We now have small shares in two.  This one is from Iheartpoppy from the same family as Arapaho Miss, Miami Bound, De Little Engine etc. [UNQUOTE]

Here he is.  Had some fetlock heat so out for three months after losing the crown jewels earlier today.

Impending x Iheartpoppy.jpg
]
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2021 at 5:15pm
And our other Impending, now named Impendment, won her trial at Wyong today.  No flash time but did enough to suggest she has ability.  Here she is as a yearling.

slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2021 at 6:04pm
nice guys, all the best. 
Rebel - racing. Lionel - in work. Glory - spelling. Ray - spelling. A Wee Nip - in work.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2021 at 6:10pm
Cheers mate.  Thumbs Up

BOL with Sh'bourne Renegade at Devonport on Wednesday, though I guess you'd prefer it over more than 1600m.
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2021 at 7:03pm
after his last start most likely however it may be run to suit. took a while to wind up last start however ran the fastest 2.4.6 and 800 up the straight. hopefully on track for the Dev Cup two weeks later. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2021 at 7:08pm
Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply