Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Furrion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Furrion
    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

Hopefully you got on today LH.
Absolutely Shawy $$$ Tongue

Great to see him win again.  Lindsay Smith mentioned a 2000m race at MV as his next assignment.  I know he’s not raced at MV before but I’d be sticking to Flemington &/or Caulfield where he’s a proven commodity.

But full kudos to Lindsay for getting him back in cracking form.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 5:54pm
Hopefully you got on today LH.
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2021 at 11:00pm
Confirmed that he’s come back in good order this prep with another tidy run for 2nd today over 1600m at Flemington in the Winter Championship Final.  Didn’t quicken with the winner but stuck to his task very well.

Wins next start at 1800-2000m.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 9:07pm
Stretched out nicely in the straight today over 1400m.

He probably won’t be the horse we hoped prior to his injury, but would be great to see him get back to some good form.

I figure we’ll see him over 1700-1800m next start, so might be worth following over the winter.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 12:02am
After a disappointing spring, he has now been transferred to Lindsey Smith
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 8:21pm
Bowed tendon.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 11:00pm
Must be injured.

Can not be wasting a spring just for the sake of it.
reductio ad absurdum
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 10:39pm
Still listed as spelling and not in the Cup nominations
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 10:50am
Not running in the Ramsden

Slight leg issue so going out for a spell.

Back for the Spring
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2019 at 6:33pm
Looks like the VRC's exmption for the big one has resulted in renewed interest in the Ramsden.

So that is Furrion, Steel Prince, Sin To Win, the NZ'er Felaar, and the deserving favourite Surprise Baby, looks like being a good off season race!
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2019 at 5:53pm
Change of plans for this horse, not going to the paddock.
Will run in the Andrew Ramsden
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 6:01pm
Good to see him stay the trip. I was starting to wonder if he would get 2400m let alone further.

reductio ad absurdum
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 6:00pm
Great to see him win another race. He is A very good horse.
SHOVHOG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHOVHOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 10:15am
Without the interference it goes very close to winning. Plain Ciel was the beneficiary of that incident no doubt.
" In gambling the many must lose in order for the few to win"
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 8:09pm
Correct me if I'm wrong but am fairly sure it was yet another winless day for the stable Ouch
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 7:56pm
Which hardly makes sense.  Had been in the paddock for two months before going to Hayes, and in a similar environment beforehand. 

Far from the first time Hayes has inferred prior trainers or conditions were a factor in his initial inability to get horses up.
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 7:34pm
Hayes has said he took a long time to settle in after the Stable change..
Will only improve, but he will need to.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 7:29pm
Will need to find lengths.

Should be up North in a trice imho.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 7:26pm
Saved for the spring apparently.
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by Magnolian Khan Magnolian Khan wrote:

Good to see him have a go today.

I was on each way MK, so wish he could have reeled in Plan Ciel.

But $2.90 the place was a more than satisfactory return.

It’s a quandary for connections though as to where they go moving forward. Do they press on to Brissie or spell and gear up for the Spring?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 6:47pm
Gave you a good sight LH.
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 6:40pm
Good to see him have a go today.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 12:08am
Never gave a yelp in the Bendigo Mile last start.

Back to Caulfield & up to 2000m, I’m happy to go with him each way in tomorrow’s Easter Cup at 8/1
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 9:39am
Hayes thinking of putting him in the paddock. Light autumn, bigger fish to fry in the spring.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 7:14pm
I think I read somewhere they are planning on taking him up to QLD
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 7:08pm
Watching the replay it was just an ok run. Amazed to see that he started favourite in a G3 1400m race!

He’ll definitely be better for the run & up in trip next start. He’s got talent, just not sure what races on the calendar will suit him.   Maybe an Easter Cup 2000m at Caulfield next month?
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 1:42pm
Ran okay. Did enough , wants further
Tim Whiffler View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Whiffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

They are going to push on to the Bendigo Cup.
Out in trip and a bigger track, seem to think that will be to his liking.
Would prefer he was to draw out a little, barrier 1 does not suit his style.

Agree. Weiry’s horses are mostly trained to settle and run on. He seemed to race too keen at Cranbourne, leaving less in the tank at the business end. The Bendigo Cup has always been his Grand Final. We will find out if he stays then!
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 1:26pm
They are going to push on to the Bendigo Cup.
Out in trip and a bigger track, seem to think that will be to his liking.
Would prefer he was to draw out a little, barrier 1 does not suit his style.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

That is twice he has failed at 2000m.

I suspect he either does not stay or he is sick of racing by the time he gets to 2000m.

I'd freshen him up and nominate him for the Kennedy Mile. If he does not get a run so be it.

Agree - may have reached his level for now too. Leave it to the trainer to make that decision, he seems to get it right from time to time.

If not, maybe a bit longer in the paddock, and have a crack at the Villiers - lots of fun to be had with a 4 yo gelding if it turns out he's adept at the Randwick Mile.  

Whichever way they go, they were patient till now, don't want to be too greedy.
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>