Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Fifty Stars - WOW!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 23>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 11:48am
Anyone knows you can make serious money if you can find a hole in a market and exploit it, thats why I don't understand qhy djebel doesn't take out a trainers license and exploit the hole he sees on the training game market.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

What makes you think he is a stayer djebel?

Seriously, get kissed.

Nothing is a f**king stayer in this country because the sweethearts training them kiss em up.

Wow.

I get your looking purely at breeding, by Sea The Stars out of a Sadlers Wells mare but breeding alone isn't a guarantee.

Maybe Weiry sees him as a miler? He's in the All Star Mile, perhaps the Doncaster is in the thoughts this prep, I'd trust Weir to know the horse, he or his staff see him every day.

"Weary" does not see anything except speed and abuses that speed.

The speed should be being put to use in stamina races.

We have to stop blaming breeders and put the blame squarely where is should be - with the trainers.

If "Weary" trained Stradivarius he'd have shown on the training tracks his pure class and "Weary" if he ever actually sees his horses, would have mistaken that class for short course speed.

reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

The connections of Hawkshot have found themselves a lousy little Friday night restricted race worth 150,000. We keep throwing big bucks at these sorts of races you can hardly blame people for running in them.

That is a fair point.

Barrier trial for money and if he wins it's a bonus.

Can not see it doing his long term future much good. They are teaching him to chase relatively fast speeds, i doubt that will help him when he gets out to a trip.

reductio ad absurdum
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 3:27pm

Seriously, get kissed.

Nothing is a f**king stayer in this country because the sweethearts training them kiss em up.

Wow.

I get your looking purely at breeding, by Sea The Stars out of a Sadlers Wells mare but breeding alone isn't a guarantee.

Maybe Weiry sees him as a miler? He's in the All Star Mile, perhaps the Doncaster is in the thoughts this prep, I'd trust Weir to know the horse, he or his staff see him every day.

We have to stop blaming breeders and put the blame squarely where is should be - with the trainers.

If "Weary" trained Stradivarius he'd have shown on the training tracks his pure class and "Weary" if he ever actually sees his horses, would have mistaken that class for short course speed.

Well in his defense the horse this thread is discussing has a record of 8 starts for 6 wins and 2 seconds over 1200-1500m, his record so far supports Weir keeping him at sprint to mile distances.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 5:40pm

Seriously, get kissed.

Wow.

Well in his defense the horse this thread is discussing has a record of 8 starts for 6 wins and 2 seconds over 1200-1500m, his record so far supports Weir keeping him at sprint to mile distances.

A 2nd rate European trainer would've won an Arc with in 8 starts with this bloke.

reductio ad absurdum
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 7:12pm

The connections of Hawkshot have found themselves a lousy little Friday night restricted race worth 150,000. We keep throwing big bucks at these sorts of races you can hardly blame people for running in them.

Having said that, market suggests he’s got some competition here. No bet race for me, but Columbus Circle looks very promising.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 7:35pm

Having said that, market suggests he’s got some competition here. No bet race for me, but Columbus Circle looks very promising.

Clearly the best horse was a certainty beaten.

reductio ad absurdum
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 7:42pm
The best horse on the night won going away.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 8:56pm
Swap the runs , reverse the result.
But that’s racing
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 9:08pm

A 2nd rate European trainer would've won an Arc with in 8 starts with this bloke.

You just jumped the shark
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 9:10pm

Clearly the best horse was a certainty beaten.

Yes it ran 5th
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 9:22pm

Seriously, get kissed.

Wow.

Most out there call since Pazman and African Pulse!
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 9:33pm
Fifty Stars did enough.
Only got warm late
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 9:37pm
50 stars will run in the CF Orr next time out
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

50 stars will run in the CF Orr next time out

In other words each run he has will be a minimum 200m too short. #minimum.

Of course who knows how the group 1 down there will be left to rote with All Stars shammozle taking over.

reductio ad absurdum
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 7:16am
Not nominated for the Australian Cup so I wonder what his aims are?
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 1:06pm
I reckon his aims are pretty clear cut.

- Win as much prize money as possible
- Bag a few 'cheap' G1s
- Sell half to Swettenham
- Go to market as G1 winning son of Sea The Stars with a $20k price tag
- Sell 150 covers in first three books

Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 1:23pm
Well the Orr is perfect then
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by Red Hare Red Hare wrote:

I reckon his aims are pretty clear cut.

- Win as much prize money as possible
- Bag a few 'cheap' G1s
- Sell half to Swettenham
- Go to market as G1 winning son of Sea The Stars with a $20k price tag
- Sell 150 covers in first three books

He is the best horse Weir has ever trained and is ever likely to train.

It is not the horses fault he is being poorly placed.

reductio ad absurdum
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 1:42pm
I reiterate, most out there call since Pazman claimed African Pulse would beat Black Caviar.

Other than breeding, what convinces you that this horse is a potential champion, djebel?
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 1:58pm
He's not suited at Caulfield 1400 so if that's the plan it won't work. Flemington 1600 might.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

He's not suited at Caulfield 1400 so if that's the plan it won't work. Flemington 1600 might.

Though obviously Flemington 2000 is perfect.

Simon Cameron

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 3:48pm

I reiterate, most out there call since Pazman claimed African Pulse would beat Black Caviar.

Other than breeding, what convinces you that this horse is a potential champion, djebel?

The fact he is as good as he is at trips 1000m short of where he should be at.

His speed clearly confuses Weir and his advisers.

reductio ad absurdum
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 4:02pm
Perhaps sprint to mile is where he is at his best? Breeding alone isn't a guide to a horses distance range after all.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 4:26pm
Just keep defending the indefensible.

reductio ad absurdum
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 5:30pm
I'm not defending the indefensible, I'm just working with the known information, until last night he was 6 wins 2 seconds from 8 starts all at less then a mile, at this point his race track form suggests he is a sprint miler and his training work must suggest so also.

Your talking like his breeding is a guarantee of what is his best racing distance but it is only a guide.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 5:41pm
Has he ever weakened on his run in the last 100? I haven't followed him closely but the times I have seen him he has, as we say in the cliche business, savaged the line like a horse looking for more distance. And with that pedigree it's a no-brainer you would give him an opportunity.

Simon Cameron

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 5:57pm

I'm not defending the indefensible, I'm just working with the known information, until last night he was 6 wins 2 seconds from 8 starts all at less then a mile, at this point his race track form suggests he is a sprint miler and his training work must suggest so also.

Your talking like his breeding is a guarantee of what is his best racing distance but it is only a guide.

They are wasting his talent in low grade races.

He has now had more races than Cross Counter and one less than Rekindling and he is far far superior to the both of them.

reductio ad absurdum
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 6:22pm
Based on what? You carry on like this is fact, there is zero evidence to support your claim. Just because of his breeding none of what you claim is fact.
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 6:33pm
Based on his win at Sandown- sharp turn of foot of a moderate tempo- and then his run last night, he looks a miler to me. He’d want to improve a bit to be Group 1.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 23>